Premier League Matchweek 25 (Feb 11-13)

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
As much as the headlines will be about Mane, Wijnaldum has had a fantastic first half.

Peanut Butter

I don't know why some people get so hung up on what result they want and debate it - it's all moot. We can't control the outcome.

Just enjoy it - either way, it's all good for Utd. Look where we were just a few months back and tonight will be 2 points off second I think?

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Firmino needs to get his shooting boots on and coutinho needs to step up. 2-0 is still a dangerous scoreline, need to keep this up.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Still think Liverpool wil capitualte in a hilarious fashion in the second half. Poch will mix it up.
I don't trust Lucas to keep it together but a third for us would probably kill the game.

AXVnee7

Spurs have actually had their chances in this half. Son had an excellent chance and could've at least cut the deficit. By no means game over yet but Spurs do really need the next goal.

Whatever the result benefits us so no need to get carried away if Liverpool win. Yes we're 6th, but we will be 2 points off 2nd as it stands.

shaky

I don't know why some people get so hung up on what result they want and debate it - it's all moot. We can't control the outcome.

Just enjoy it - either way, it's all good for Utd. Look where we were just a few months back and tonight will be 2 points off second I think?
Yup. We've taken 27 from our last 33 points. If we carry on playing well, we'll be fine and everyone else can worry about fighting over the last couple of top 4 spots.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
As much as the headlines will be about Mane, Wijnaldum has had a fantastic first half.
Agreed. Been truly baffling watching can stink out the place week in week out. So much more footballing IQ, tempo/fluidity everything is a notch above. He always makes the right descion with the ball.

mariner85

Yup. We've taken 27 from our last 33 points. If we carry on playing well, we'll be fine and everyone else can worry about fighting over the last couple of top 4 spots.
This.
But we need to play better against the top 6 teams. We have been playing really well. Just a bit better at finishing we will have a fantastic finish to the season.

mav_9me

The one good thing out of this will be if it stand this way, there will be 2 points between 2nd to 6th, albeit City yet to play.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
This.
But we need to play better against the top 6 teams. We have been playing really well. Just a bit better at finishing we will have a fantastic finish to the season.
We have Chelsea at home and City, Arsenal and Spurs away. We could do with getting something out of those games.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
It just shows a degree of tactical naivety and stubbornness in not adjusting your style of play to the opponent, I feel.

You can understand it with the likes of Guardiola as he had world class players that could, on their day beat any level of opposition player-for-player pretty much in any formation.

With these tactics, Spurs were defeated before they even kicked a ball. Even with the players at our disposal, Mourinho wasn't as cavalier as Spurs have been today which is the difference between the two managers.

Anyway, hope Spurs manage to buck their ideas up and score a couple in the second half, though it looks highly unlikely. :(
I do agree it's somewhat naive and stubborn and it's an obvious difference between Mourinho and Pochettino, but it's a difference between him and Guardiola, Klopp, Wenger etc. I'd put it more down to a difference in style than proof of a certain standard.

I don't think 2-2 is beyond them. Liverpool's defenders are crap.

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
We're never going to get out of 6th. :(

mariner85

We have Chelsea at home and City, Arsenal and Spurs away. We could do with getting something out of those games.
I am feeling more confident about those games than I was earlier in the season. Arsenal being out of CL(potentially) favors them. But otherwise the games should be on equal footing. Looks like Mourinho seems to have drilled the necessary changes in to our players so as to go on a 4-2-3-1 formation unlike earlier. Dunno whether we will revert to having Carrick back in midfield protecting back four in bigger matches.

Brophs

The One and Only
Almost every time I watch Henderson play I come away with the realisation that I'm destined not to 'get' him. Maybe it's a Liverpool thing, or maybe I his hate players who run from their hips, or whatever that load of old shite Fergie came out with was, but he always strikes me as technically very average.