Premier League Not So Festive Season

Judas

Open to offers
People still getting shocked that games in the UK aren't on TV at 3pm baffles me. I'd have thought everyone and their dog would be aware of how it works over here by now.

PoTMS

People still getting shocked that games in the UK aren't on TV at 3pm baffles me. I'd have thought everyone and their dog would be aware of how it works over here by now.
Doesn't the 3pm blackout only apply to Saturday's? Bizarre that the games we're actually interested in are not on the box.

Josep Dowling

A bit of a statement this result: 2 - 6 away from home against a team that aren't bunnies.

Everton made the mistake of trying to go head-to-head with us. We sometimes struggle against teams that park the bus, but Everton didn't do that, which gave us exactly the type of game we thrive in.
The ‘putting pressure on the top 2’ trophy will be coming home again this season.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Doesn't the 3pm blackout only apply to Saturday's? Bizarre that the games we're actually interested in are not on the box.
They can't just have Manchester United games on every single week. You're on TV more than anyone else but they need to spread it about a bit! You lot at home to Huddersfield is about a boring a Man United fixture as you are going to get to a neutral.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Well the early and late games are on TV in the UK but not the 3 pm kickoffs . United,City, Liverpool and spurs all playing at 3pm
All home bankers imo. Leicester-Man. City will be more interesting but then Man. City B team did beat them on penalties in the cup just last week.

I would say Brighton-Arsenal (Arsenal have loads of players out and Brighton are tough at home) and Watford-Chelsea (Chelsea struggling a bit and Watford beat them 4-1 last year) are good picks.

Maybe you could've played 1 or 2 tomorrow but then would've been the moaning of less time to prepare for weekend and New Year....

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Pretty sure they did used to show a 3pm live on Boxing day and NYD in previous years, think they get special exemption due to it being Bank Holidays so people don't have excuse not to go watch their local team.

Judas

Open to offers
The City game only looks more interesting now because of City's result the other day, a week or two ago I don't think it would have seemed like a game that should be on tv. Liverpool game is an easy home win, and our game isn't exciting for anyone but fans of the teams involved.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
I thought that was the case , also because the championship games at 3 are available on sky

Judas

Open to offers
Pretty sure they did used to show a 3pm live on Boxing day and NYD in previous years, think they get special exemption due to it being Bank Holidays so people don't have excuse not to go watch their local team.
I swear I remember a 3pm boxing day game being on Sentana Sports back in the day years and years ago, but have no memory of it happening.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
I am not saying that our game is better than the ones on TV but just that why shouldn't the 3pm games be on TV on a national holiday in freezing weather. I live in Portsmouth and they are away to Gillingham in league 1 and it's ridiculous that I can't watch any of the 3pm kickoffs live on TV when I could watch them all in India .

P.S I know that there are other ways available

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I swear I remember a 3pm boxing day game being on Sentana Sports back in the day years and years ago, but have no memory of it happening.
Everton-Man. United back in 2001 was on Premier league Plus. That was 3pm quickly looking at Soccerbase.

Chelsea away to Southampton on NYD 2014 was live on Sky and that was 3pm.

Not sure why they've stopped that, surely better than sticking one at 7.45pm which is stupid with lack of public transport today.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I am not saying that our game is better than the ones on TV but just that why shouldn't the 3pm games be on TV on a national holiday in freezing weather. I live in Portsmouth and they are away to Gillingham in league 1 and it's ridiculous that I can't watch any of the 3pm kickoffs live on TV when I could watch them all in India .

P.S I know that there are other ways available
Sheffield United-Derby is live at 3pm today on England tv. O.K it's not premier league but both teams are in top 6, they'll be 30k at Bramall Lane and as we've seen a few times this season the games in the championship have been more exciting to watch than many premier league games so far this season.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Fulham-Wolves is more of a questionable pick but pretty confident this won't be 0-0 way both teams set up!

Think Wolves will edge this.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Just checked and from next season all Boxing Day games will be live to watch. Similar to what they've done for Championship this season. Part of the new deal for next season.

Dante

Average bang
Look at the size of Adama Traore!

Having just read the Lukaku thread, I assume Traore is slow and lacks agility.

PoTMS

They can't just have Manchester United games on every single week. You're on TV more than anyone else but they need to spread it about a bit! You lot at home to Huddersfield is about a boring a Man United fixture as you are going to get to a neutral.
Not talking about us. Leicester-Man City and Liverpool-Newcastle (& Benitez) looks interesting. Both potential banana slips. Certainly more interesting than Brighton-Arsenal, Saints-WHU or Fulham-Wolves.

Dante

Average bang
Mitrovic and Jiminez are two of the most dangerous strikers outside of the big clubs. I reckon they could score bucketloads in the right setups. And in the case of the latter, create a few too.

Wolves play better football, but both these teams are involved in lots of entertaining games. Really enjoy watching them play.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
The City game only looks more interesting now because of City's result the other day, a week or two ago I don't think it would have seemed like a game that should be on tv. Liverpool game is an easy home win, and our game isn't exciting for anyone but fans of the teams involved.
Yes but we want all the games.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Games like Leicester-City and Spurs-Bournemouth are likely to be a better watch than Liverpool-Newcastle.

Nedu

Supports
Barcelona
Well the early and late games are on TV in the UK but not the 3 pm kickoffs . United,City, Liverpool and spurs all playing at 3pm
I will be working in the UK from next year so I want to understand what this means.
When you say no 3pm games on TV does that mean you have to pay a subscription fee to watch them or its not available at all?

In Nigeria we get pretty much every premier league, LA liga, seria a and champions league games via supersports. So the later option would really be weird.

Last edited by a moderator:

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
The Guardian's Live Scores claims this ongoing match has been abandoned.

prateik

Apparently Fulham spent 105m in the summer... What a waste of money.
Making Woody look good.