Premier League Week 21

Agent Red

Hate the feeling I have about that result, feel like it will be all over the end of season compilations.

Really important for us to win today.

Cold_Boy

Still can't see how people are blaming Defoe for that miss
agree.

Clearly Bale who tried to be selfish instead of passing earlier and then realised he couldn't do it on his own had to pass hurriedly.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Its all Assou - Ekotto's fault!

Hate the over-rated cnut anyways!

Must win against Arsenal now.
Just before the penalty there was a ball that was going safely into throw-in, that late in the match I don't understand why Ekotto didn't let it roll out.It'd have been a few seconds on the clock but he decided to lump it forward.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Awful result for us, now City basically have two tough games left apart from our tie at CoMS - at Arsenal and Chelsea at home, both very winnable. We have to travel to Chelsea, Arsenal and Tottenham, not to mention City, and still have Liverpool at home. City are clear favourites.

Wowi

Rød grød med fløde
Looks like he could be in for a banning then.
Most likely. Wasn't too different from the Adebayor stamp on RvP a few years back. Suspension doesn't matter much though, as City will most likely do fine without him. Playing with 10 men (and not being on the pitch to get that pen) was what mattered, but Webb fecked it up.

Cold_Boy

Just before the penalty there was a ball that was going safely into throw-in, that late in the match I don't understand why Ekotto didn't let it roll out.It'd have been a few seconds on the clock but he decided to lump it forward.
Thats what I am pointing at.

There was no City player anywhere close to Ekotto yet the cnut decides to lump into the City defense which consists of 6 foot 5 plus defenders while Spurs strikers dont even measure 5 ft 5. :wenger:

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
Awful result for us, now City basically have two tough games left apart from our tie at CoMS - at Arsenal and Chelsea at home, both very winnable. We have to travel to Chelsea, Arsenal and Tottenham, not to mention City, and still have Liverpool at home. City are clear favourites.
Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Chelsea's record at home against the top teams has been abysmal this season, Arsenal have lost two games on the trot due to poor concentration at the back and Spurs are renowned bottlers. City are favourites, yes, but they are by no means untouchable and like you said, they still have to play us at home, where we have already beat them once.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Thats what I am pointing at.

There was no City player anywhere close to Ekotto yet the cnut decides to lump into the City defense which consists of 6 foot 5 plus defenders while Spurs strikers dont even measure 5 ft 5. :wenger:
A basic mistake which lead to a catastrophic consequence

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
The league has taken a giant step towards that city shower of cnuts today.
What in the blue feck was king thinking !

We simply have to win today. 3 points is a must.

giggs-beckham

Clueless
6 points clear now, hope we can peg it back to 3. If we lose it'll be a big ask for us to win the title for me.

Commadus

In a space of 2 minutes the title took a turn in favour of City. We have the far harder games coming up and City dropping points at home would have helped.

I would have rather watched City thump Tottenham.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I feel absolutely devastated tbh. That's one of the most sickening results I can remember in the past few seasons.

We deserved to win that. And after dragging ourselves back from 2 goals down, to lose to a goal like that, won and taken by a player that shouldn't have been on the pitch, was horrible.

BAE had one of his worst games in the past couple of seasons there, I don't know what he was doing but he seemed scared of Richards all game especially. As a collective, we had terrible defending for all 3 goals.

The one mistake made by King cost us the game.

Defoe scored but showed exactly why we need Adebayor back or another striker, any time we need a release, the ball comes straight back at us.

I'm sick of the sight of Webb to be honest. City should have played the last 10 minutes with 9 men.

Positives? The performance I guess. To play like that, at the toughest away ground in the country and without the striker we need to play our game is encouraging for when we have to go to Everton, Liverpool and Arsenal etc.

Growing older I tend not to be that bothered by losses any more but this one is like being kicked in the balls. Deflating doesn't even begin to cover it.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
And I was defending Webb over the Balotelli thing at first, saying there was no way he could have seen it. Turns out he was staring right at it. I'm lost for words about him.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
And I was defending Webb over the Balotelli thing at first, saying there was no way he could have seen it. Turns out he was staring right at it. I'm lost for words about him.
Indeed. I think it was one of those games that shows how far Spurs have come. However, there are some slight issues still with your squad, Adebayor was a huge miss for you today.

As for the "incident", im astounded nothing was given. Obvious red card and it was cruel that he scored the penalty to win the game. Thats football m'afraid.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Exactly. Previously, we would have crumbled after the 2-0 but we came back, equalised and looked the more likely and deserving of the two teams to get a win. Adebayor isn't our best player but he's currently the least replaceable player and we did surprisingly well without him. Will be glad to have him back though.

Lot of positives to take from that game, though doesn't feel like it at the moment, this feels a lot worse than the 5-1 at present.