Preseason Tour Game 6: Bayern v Man Utd (Friendly, Sunday 05 August 19:15 BST)

Kidders

Our CB's have been our best performers, but a goal from a set piece will give Jose the excuse he needs when it's blatantly obvious our FB's are awful and we offer nothing on the right.

Eddy_JukeZ

Tbf he's scored and assisted more for us than he did for them
No he hasn't.

He had 30+ assists at 1 season in Chelsea.

Only way he's scored more or assisted more here is cumulative. But on average, he definitely isn't.

buckooo1978

I see people pointing the finger at players and fair enough

we haven't had a shot on goal yet....that's a disgrace given we are weeks ahead of Bayern

AndyJ1985

Our attacking play is dire. I'm at a loss to understand how it can be so bad. What do the coaches do in training??

yamo123x

Andreas pererira has done ok tonight- has kep possession well when bayern press.so aggressively.

We are badly carrying Mata

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Jose responding to going 1-0 down by bringing Jones, Axel and McTominay on.

JoaquinJoaquin

Tbf he's scored and assisted more for us than he did for them
That is true. But he has never influenced games for us like he did at Chelsea. And that's coming from someone who thought he was pretty good his first 2 years here.

NJM78

Nothing like preparing Fosu, Jones and McT when needing to spruce up the attack.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
I know this is preseason and I know players are missing, but this is the worst I have ever seen United play, and it's been a good few hours of football now. That includes all of our prior preseasons.

This is an embarrassment to United. We're incapable of even passing the ball over the f*cking halfway line. Amateur football has more coherence than this. Our youth teams look better than this.

Every single one of the players out there except Andreas has played for their senior international team.

Maybe this 'tactic' is good enough to pick up the occasional flukey point against big teams (see Arsenal last season) but it's not good enough for a club with our ambitions. This is a parody of the worst of Jose.

Woodenlung

Bayern are miles behind us in preseason preparation.

This is a shambles all of Mourinho's making

Barack O'Bama

We appointed Carrick and McKenna remember.
"They will do wonders for our attacking play"
If I remember right just at the time he got the United job did jose not say something like he understood that united played a particular way and that he would respect that?

In his first few weeks / months wasn’t his play not more attacking than his normal style (hence the line in the song ‘Jose’s got us playing the way united should’ which btw i hope is never sung until such times it is appropriate) but he then reverted to type in parking the bus. Is he lacking the players he needs to change his style and isn’t getting enough support from the board / glazers?

redom

Who would've thought that sitting back and continually allowing pressure would result in the opposition scoring.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
Jose bringing on Jones, tfm and Scott...he wants to bore us to death now!

SirAnderson

Lovely players coming off the bench.

I'm just going to put all my eggs in one basket and say, I can't wait for all our other players to get back so we can at least look like a top premier league team.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
McTominay! Mata really needs to have a seat there.

cyberman

He's entitled to his opinion, it is a football forum. You just don't like someone telling you something you don't want to hear. We play shit football, people should be able to say that.
I can discuss opinions. I'm trying to understand the need to place so much importance on nothing games just to fall into hysterics.
Not everything is a sign of the Apocalypse. A win v Leicester is worth more than a preseason worth of fantasy football so what really is the point in all of this?
Its not healthy.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
We have too many poor and mediocre players in our line up to play decent football. We really need to learn how to replace non performing players in due time rather than stick with them because they have nice personalities off the pitch.
The coaching is making them seem poorer than some of them are. I can’t take much more of this park the bus bullshit. Mourinho has become more cowardly in old age

Loublaze

ATLien
No he hasn't.

He had 30+ assists at 1 season in Chelsea.

Only way he's scored more or assisted more here is cumulative. But on average, he definitely isn't.
which season was that with the actual stats? I know he's scored more for us

tidraKS

Our “number 10” doesnt like to run a lot, eh? Robben at 34 running a hell more than him.

3pwood

I really hope this pre-season is not an indication of how we will start the season
it is tho, the team is playing exactly the same as last season.. and I gave up hope to see a different style of play with Mourinho at the helm. It is what it is I guess

Eddy_JukeZ

I can discuss opinions. I'm trying to understand the need to place so much importance on nothing games just to fall into hysterics.
Not everything is a sign of the Apocalypse. A win v Leicester is worth more than a preseason worth of fantasy football so what really is the point in all of this?
Its not healthy.
It's not about the results.

It's about how we're playing.

settembrini

I think the #1 thing I want from our next manager is that they use high pressing.

It's not even a 'modern' tactic anymore. Most top teams have been doing it for a decade.

izec

I know this is preseason and I know players are missing, but this is the worst I have ever seen United play, and it's been a good few hours of football now. That includes all of our prior preseasons.

This is an embarrassment to United. We're incapable of even passing the ball over the f*cking halfway line. Amateur football has more coherence than this. Our youth teams look better than this.

Every single one of the players out there except Andreas has played for their senior international team.

Maybe this 'tactic' is good enough to pick up the occasional flukey point against big teams (see Arsenal last season) but it's not good enough for a club with our ambitions. This is a parody of the worst of Jose.
Yes, we will have a bad season. We dont even have the transfers and added individual brilliance to cover for our lack of any sort of attacking football