Protest planned ahead of the Liverpool game

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
fecking idiots.. its got the Manc “worker bee” signage, is called Beeline and even had ‘Manchester’ written on the back. Couldn’t be anymore obvious it wasn’t a Liverpool coach FFS

You can't see the back of the coach until its gone past...

Maticmaker

Awful, awful song.
It is but have you ever been to Anfield and heard the songs about Munich?

I know two wrongs don't make a right, but I was in Anfield for an 3rd FA cup match in the early 60's (1962/3 we won 3-1 Warren Bradly scored two) and the Kop was singing vile songs about Munich then, way before Liverpools sorrows occurred... and they were still in the second division!

I hate all these types of chants, but it seems nothing will prevent them being sung.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Apart from a few idiots, it appears it was a good protest but Sky refused to cover it, the wankstains.

Fans really need to keep pushing because come next summer, these owners might really feck up the club.

The Irish Connection

Really impressive turnout yesterday. Unfortunately we had an electrical fault and I missed a fair chunk of the coverage but apparently Sky were poor.
Had to use Twitter and YouTube to see the full extent of it.
Great to see though. We need to keep it up, get the leeches out and Sir Jim in.

Water Melon

Hats off to everyonbe involved. Do not let these protests die. Keep it up. LUHG

Tommy79

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Err nearly 3 years on mate, but what the hell are you blaming them for ? As they don't own SKY, Comcast backers of Biden and the far left do, Sky was sold off a few years back mate.
Sorry but the far left :lol:

Superb stuff.

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United
Also, I find the Jim Ratcliffe stuff a bit unedifying.

We have no idea what his intentions are but we're practically begging him now.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
You can't see the back of the coach until its gone past...
You can see all the Bee shit though… and why would a Liverpool coach be going past the Tollgate?

I know it’s just crowd mentality. One hepped up guy probably started it and everyone joined in without thinking, but it’s still pretty fecking shit we threw a bunch of bottles at a United coach full of kids.

There’s a bunch of United accounts (including some of the 1958) sharing it and then failing to acknowledge any of the comments pointing this out. Ignoring it doesn’t win us anything. it just looks shitty.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
You can see all the Bee shit though… and why would a Liverpool coach be going past the Tollgate?

I know it’s just crowd mentality. One hepped up guy probably started it and everyone joined in without thinking, but it’s still pretty fecking shit we threw a bunch of bottles at a United coach full of kids. Ignoring it doesnt win us anything.
I didn't really pay much attention at the time. Seemed like a few stray cans, pretty shit for the kids on the bus so it shouldn't have happened but it was no real drama.

Tommy79

Comcast are not that much better and the culture at Sky doesn't seem to have changed.
I couldn't tell ya mate as got rid of them a few years backs when I got myself a high quality source of different rivers, as way too much money to be handed out only to be spoken to like a child by their news anchors and pundits.

Mockney

The coverage has been pretty shocking tbf. We got more traction when Beckham picked up a green & gold scarf 10 years ago.

If Ronaldo is off, he could’ve won back the fanbase in a single swoop by copying it. It would at least have completed their vague career path symmetry…

Someone should get on that. And bring back the scarves. Throw one at his car or something.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
The coverage has been pretty shocking tbf. We got more traction when Beckham picked up a green & gold scarf 10 years ago.

If Ronaldo is off, he could’ve won back the fanbase in a single swoop by copying it. It would at least have completed their vague career path symmetry…

Someone should get on that. And bring back the scarves. Throw one at his car or something.
I suppose its because that happened inside the stadium whereas this protest is outside

SKY coverage was minimal which is a shame but the likes of The Athletic and MEN had reporters there going live on Twitter - I think Talksport also had a fair amount of coverage but not the same as live TV

Tommy79

Wow, you really are a great example of someone got full member status way too soon, as a lot of your posts are just emojs, or txt words, which I thought were banned on this site, but then saw your copy/paste twitter post in the russia thread where you were backing russians and when challenged on it, you refused to answer it or hmm, didnt have a clue how to.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Wow, you really are a great example of someone got full member status way too soon, as a lot of your posts are just emojs, or txt words, which I thought were banned on this site, but then saw your copy/paste twitter post in the russia thread where you were backing russians and when challenged on it, you refused to answer it or hmm, didnt have a clue how to.
I'll bite, little one.

Please direct me to said twitter post. And any txt words that I apparently use with aplomb.

Mockney

I suppose its because that happened inside the stadium whereas this protest is outside
Indeed. Which is why all the boycott stuff - as unrealistic as it is (and always was) - has at least the germ of the right idea. We need something to happen in stadium, in front of the TV cameras, that’s visibly and unavoidably embarrassing for the management as well as a mainstream show of fan solidarity… Unfortunately I can’t think what that wouldn’t be opposed by some large section of the fanbase, or isn’t just bringing back the scarves!

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Indeed. Which is why all the boycott stuff - as unrealistic as it is (and always was) - has at least the germ of the right idea. We need something to happen in stadium, in front of the TV cameras, that’s visibly and unavoidably embarrassing for the management as well as a mainstream show of fan solidarity… Unfortunately I can’t think what that wouldn’t be opposed by some large section of the fanbase, or isn’t just bringing back the scarves!
Something like this has been mentioned before and could be acheivable, although Im guessing there are less security searches at The Valley than Old Trafford
https://metro.co.uk/2016/04/02/angr...-owner-during-game-v-birmingham-city-5791220/

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
The fan protests were correct.
Whether the networks carry it or not is unimportant. We are not doing it for viewership.
The supporters are the club. We cannot let up. They must leave.
The FA also needs to address their decision to allow the debt. Their act of closing the barn door after the event must be scrutinized.
Though it cannot be corrected retrospectively, the Glazers must be given say two years to clear the debt or to sell the club. That way there would be parity between us and the other clubs.
MUST needs to address this legally. It is the duty of the FA to act on behalf of the Supporters not the owners.

As for the singing. FFS this goes on all the time at matches.
You would think some on here have never stood on the terraces.

Maticmaker

Can I just ask what about the fans who don't want to protest and don't want their match-day's spoiled by having to fight their way into OT, or to miss half the game because others are bobbing up and down shouting "Stand up against the Glazers"? Do we have platform?

I don't doubt that the vast majority of fans are not happy with the Glazer's as owners of the club, (I'm not either) but I don't want to ruin my football day/evening etc. worrying about who owns the bloody club...! I want to see what we saw last night commitment and courage and endeavor its always been the players and manager who provide the spectacle, the magic of the 'Theatre of Dreams'....who owns the club is not important.

Manchester United is now a multi-billion pound entity and its naivety in the extreme to believe that a 'cash cow' like it now is will not fall prey to the likes of the Glazers . There is only one way to protest effectively that is to stop giving them your money, then maybe , just may be they will sell up and we can wait for the next 'carpet-bagger' owner to arrive.

In my opinion 'aggressive' protests are to be used only for something important (and then sparingly)... to protest against wars, death, disease, abject poverty, inhumanity, not against who owns a football club. Before someone tells me these are peaceful protests, I say 'pull the other one' massed crowds threatening, among other things to kill named individuals is not peaceful, at least not in my book.

Fans already have a say in the club, if they don't like it, then stop buying merchandise, stop going to games, stop supporting , quite a few did this when FC United was born.
Does anyone really believe a group of fans as dispersed, as disparate, as disagreeing over who plays for United, and in what position, on the systems of transfer (as well as the systems of play) etc. as United supporters are, could ever be involved in the direct running of the club?

I know lots of contributors on the red cafe will be mighty upset with me, call me names, 'Glazer fan -boy' (some of the more acceptable comments I'm sure), but really I am not. I have no love for the predator likes of the Glazers whatsoever, but I am old enough to realise there is 'no shutting the barn door after the horse has bolted' and when Martin Edwards turned the club from a 'family hobby' to a 'family business' that's exactly what happened... there is no going back!

(*Incidentally I am not angry with Martin Edwards, he did bring us SAF and I am sure thought he was doing the best thing at the time....but as we all know the road to hell is paved with good intentions!)

Last edited:

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
Can I just ask what about the fans who don't want to protest and don't want their match-day's spoiled by having to fight their way into OT, or to miss half the game because others are bobbing up and down shouting "Stand up against the Glazers"? Do we have platform?

I don't doubt that the vast majority of fans are not happy with the Glazer's as owners of the club, (I'm not either) but I don't want to ruin my football day/evening etc. worrying about who owns the bloody club...! I want to see what we saw last night commitment and courage and endeavor its always been the players and manager who provide the spectacle, the magic of the 'Theatre of Dreams'....who owns the club is not important.

Manchester United is now a multi-billion pound entity and its naivety in the extreme to believe that a 'cash cow' like it now is will not fall prey to the likes of the Glazers . There is only one way to protest effectively that is to stop giving them your money, then maybe , just may be they will sell up and we can wait for the next 'carpet-bagger' owner to arrive.

In my opinion 'aggressive' protests are to be used only for something important (and then sparingly)... to protest against wars, death, disease, abject poverty, inhumanity, not against who owns a football club. Before someone tells me these are peaceful protests, I say 'pull the other one' massed crowds threatening, among other things to kill named individuals is not peaceful, at least not in my book.

Fans already have a say in the club, if they don't like it, then stop buying merchandise, stop going to games, stop supporting , quite a few did this when FC United was born.
Does anyone really believe a group of fans as dispersed, as disparate, as disagreeing over who plays for United, and in what position, on the systems of transfer (as well as the systems of play) etc. as United supporters are, could ever be involved in the direct running of the club?

I know lots of contributors on the red cafe will be mighty upset with me, call me names, 'Glazer fan -boy' (some of the more acceptable comments I'm sure), but really I am not. I have no love for the predator likes of the Glazers whatsoever, but I am old enough to realise there is 'no shutting the barn door after the horse has bolted' and when Martin Edwards turned the club from a 'family hobby' to a 'family business' that's exactly what happened... there is no going back!

(*Incidentally I am not angry with Martin Edwards, he did bring us SAF and I am sure thought he was doing the best thing at the time....but as we all know the road to hell is paved with good intentions!)
Firstly. Sorry that your day out was spoilt.
The fact you say you are not bothered who owns the the bloody club says a lot about you.
It is Not Your club.
If the ownership of the club was no different to any other business, the FA would not exist.
The same FA stopped future such ownership so other clubs would not have debts loaded onto the club.

I'm not upset with you for one.
You are simply ignorant of the facts.

I'm glad you enjoyed the match yesterday.
I'm sure you will be among those who enjoy The Super League too.
Lots of Galacticos playing for us, while the smaller clubs all go under.

Matt851

Good turnout but can't really see it achieving anything given the stadium was packed. If anything the fact we won lifts some of the pressure on the glazers

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.

What would a current Tory voter sound like if they were a United fan, example one.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.

Afternoon Joel mate.

pascell

I had talksport on earlier and they stated there's expected to be more protests, was glad that news outlets haven't brushed it under the carpet despite the result.

Ema_datsi

That video by Sam from United Peoples should be a TV ad playing everywhere there’s a sizeable United fanbase, and local Tampa tv - might start stirring up the Bucaneer’s fans as well when they realize how the Glazers are screwing over fans of both teams.

Maticmaker

I'm not upset with you for one.
You are simply ignorant of the facts.

Thank you, but it is my club (since 1955/56 first game, and only time I saw Duncan Edwards , I was 9/10 years old), but ownership has never been a concern of mine, I support the club not the owners.
I accept there are a lot of things I don't know, maybe some things about the Club, but I do know that once the club was turned into a business, it was always going to attract the likes of the Glazers, or some other 'carpet-bagger' owner, a fact of life I'm afraid!
Perhaps we should be trying to (positively) persuade the Glazers to manage and run the club better, make it both a successful football club as well as a successful business... just a thought!

Protests bring 'negativity' and we have enough of that already!

Afternoon Joel mate.
Who's Joel??? ;)

What would a current Tory voter sound like if they were a United fan, example one.
Now then! ...no need for name calling! :smirk:

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
That video by Sam from United Peoples should be a TV ad playing everywhere there’s a sizeable United fanbase, and local Tampa tv - might start stirring up the Bucaneer’s fans as well when they realize how the Glazers are screwing over fans of both teams.
Glazers are not screwing over Bucs' fans.