PSG | 2018-19 Club Thread | Season over

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Hello really strange question here,

Do any PSG fans know if the Montpellier match is going to be on Jan 15th, I will happen to be in Paris and have seen conflicting websites say it is or is not.

Would love to go if it is.
At the moment, the game is expected on Jan 15th but PSG wants to delay the game in February.

I guess we will know the outcome by the end of the year.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Hello really strange question here,

Do any PSG fans know if the Montpellier match is going to be on Jan 15th, I will happen to be in Paris and have seen conflicting websites say it is or is not.

Would love to go if it is.
Likely to remain on Jan15th

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
At the moment, impossible to know who would be the right-back against you: Kehrer, Meunier or Dani Alves.
Rabiot doesn't want to renew his contract so very unlikely to see him against you

Last edited:

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
They should win both legs comfortably. They just need to be patient as Mourinho will put the whole city in front of Dave.

izec

The league of farmers comment will come to bite some of you. They might not win it this year, but they are miles ahead of us. Come the end of the season, we may hope they win against Liverpool or City at the later stages

Red Stone

We're going to get 50 shades of fecked by Neymar and Mbappé. Wouldn't be surprised if we concede close to double figures over the two games.

Mick321

They looked very dodgy when Liverpool and Napoli went at them. Naturally we'll just sit back and wait till Neymar and co pick the lock.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Mbappe vs Young, Neymar vs Valencia. Not worried at all.
We play a kind of 3-4-3 with the trio Cavani/Neymar/M'bappé.

Don't expect M'bappé and Neymar playing as pure wingers.

Sometimes, the team looked like:

---------------------------------- Thiago Silva--------Kimpembe
----- Kehrer/Meunier/Dani Alves-------------- Marquinhos--------------------- Bernat
--------------------------------- Verratti
------------------------ Di Maria
------------------------------------ Neymar
-------------------------------------------------- M'bappé
--------------------------------- Cavani

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
It gives an idea about how PSG tends to attack, with the partnership Neymar-M'bappé and the relatively isolated Cavani

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool

Rabiot refuses to sign a contract extension (his expires in the summer), so he's benched indefinitely until he leaves... I wonder how cheap he'll go for in January?

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain

Rabiot refuses to sign a contract extension (his expires in the summer), so he's benched indefinitely until he leaves... I wonder how cheap he'll go for in January?
PSG might not even accept any offers for him and just let him suck it out for the rest of the season, because they most likely won't have any offers that's going to be 'worth it' over the message they'd like to send the guy. I wouldn't put it past them. Either way, he can feck off and be somebody else's headache. I'd stay far away from him when both his boyhood club and country are slating him for his behavior. If someone can start getting him to behave, he can be a brilliant player but I wouldn't be surprised if he turns out to be a knob head for the rest of his career.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
PSG might not even accept any offers for him and just let him suck it out for the rest of the season, because they most likely won't have any offers that's going to be 'worth it' over the message they'd like to send the guy. I wouldn't put it past them. Either way, he can feck off and be somebody else's headache. I'd stay far away from him when both his boyhood club and country are slating him for his behavior. If someone can start getting him to behave, he can be a brilliant player but I wouldn't be surprised if he turns out to be a knob head for the rest of his career.
Aye. I didn't see until after I'd posted that (I saw the tweet on the soccer reddit), but apparently we're pretty heavily linked. Honestly, I'd rather us get Ramsey from Arsenal if we're going to bring in a midfielder in Jan. Our dressing room seems to be in pretty good shape, so no need rocking the boat...

the_irish123

This is one of those situations where eveyrone thinks we'll get smashed but we'll put a respectable performance but still lose like 2-1 or something

trailertrash

Supports
Bayern Munich
I kinda think it depends on what PSG/Tuchel is gonna do in the winter transfer window. They need a dominating DMF, Marquinhos is playing there now, but i think he is not good enough to hold it together vs the top guns. I think this will be very close.

Di Maria, Verratti in the MF with Marquinhos behind them. Don't have to be a genius to understand that United will easily dominate the midfield IF they want to do that. Pogba and Matic together would even accomplish that. PSG is not that good in defense either. Just crowd the Bernat wing and you'll have plenty of chances as he is pretty terrible defensively. Kurzawa probably won't be fit by that time. Probably gonna come down to 1 goal, no way you are gonna get destroyed, unless Jose wishes so.

Last edited by a moderator:

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I kinda think it depends on what PSG/Tuchel is gonna do in the winter transfer window. They need a dominating DMF, Marquinhos is playing there now, but i think he is not good enough to hold it together vs the top guns. I think this will be very close.

Di Maria, Verratti in the MF with Marquinhos behind them. Don't have to be a genius to understand that United will easily dominate the midfield IF they want to do that. Pogba and Matic together would even accomplish that. PSG is not that good in defense either. Just crowd the Bernat wing and you'll have plenty of chances as he is pretty terrible defensively. Kurzawa probably won't be fit by that time. Probably gonna come down to 1 goal, no way you are gonna get destroyed, unless Jose wishes so.
"Easily dominate if they wanna do that" :lol::lol:
What are you smoking bro ? Have you seen us this season ?

trailertrash

Supports
Bayern Munich
Obviously some good kush. I mean Di Maria and Verratti are like epic 70kg dwarfs and you should outmuscle them easily. I have seen you and yes it doesn't look good, but IF you guys show up, i really think there's a decent chance you'll get something out of this tie. Just need right mentality, PSG isn't all that good IMO and this is coming from a guy, who has huge respect for Tuchel, but i think his team is not there yet and is definitely vulnerable.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Obviously some good kush. I mean Di Maria and Verratti are like epic 70kg dwarfs and you should outmuscle them easily. I have seen you and yes it doesn't look good, but IF you guys show up, i really think there's a decent chance you'll get something out of this tie. Just need right mentality, PSG isn't all that good IMO and this is coming from a guy, who has huge respect for Tuchel, but i think his team is not there yet and is definitely vulnerable.
Like you could outmuscle Iniesta and Xavi? Or Silva and Silva currently?

People still underestimate PSG. They finished first in a group consisting of the best team in England/last year's CL finalist and the second best team in Italy.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Sad development. I love Rabiot as a player.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
New coach - New recruits - New mindset
A kind of Roberto Di Matteo effect still possible

PoTMS

Jardim in to mastermind a win against the runaway leaders.

Adisa

Is it right for the PSG management to exclude Rabiot over Tuchel's head?

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Is it right for the PSG management to exclude Rabiot over Tuchel's head?
Rabiot refused to renew his contract. He will join Barcelona this winter or next summer for free.

Please be sure he won't play for PSG once again.

Adisa

Rabiot refused to renew his contract. He will join Barcelona this winter or next summer for free.

Please be sure he won't play for PSG once again.
A decision not the coach but the board have taken. Is that right.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
This is the board's decision but Rabiot already lost his place in autumn.
I didn't follow it closely but at the time an issue with Tuchel was mentioned, is that right?

Adisa

This is the board's decision but Rabiot already lost his place in autumn.
That's my point. Should it not be up to Tuchel?
You guys are having to play Marquinhos in midfield. I'm sure Tuchel would rather have Rabiot available even though he said it's not his decision.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
That's my point. Should it not be up to Tuchel?
You guys are having to play Marquinhos in midfield. I'm sure Tuchel would rather have Rabiot available even though he said it's not his decision.
I don't think Tuchel wants a player that's mentally checked out and in a battle with his current club. It's just not happening. He's gonna rot on the bench for a bit then feck off with his mommy and be someone else's headache.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
I didn't follow it closely but at the time an issue with Tuchel was mentioned, is that right?
Several times late to the trainings and pre-match preparations

That's my point. Should it not be up to Tuchel? You guys are having to play Marquinhos in midfield. I'm sure Tuchel would rather have Rabiot available even though he said it's not his decision.
There is a lack of central midfielders so Tuchel would have welcomed him.

That said, if PSG lost in Madrid last season and Barcelona in a dramatic way the previous season, it is in great part his fault. He is also blacklisted by Deschamps and it's fully deserved.

PSG is better without him. We don't need divas like him but reliable players with the right mindset.

PSG should have kept Matuidi last season and sold him instead.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
PSG should have kept Matuidi last season and sold him instead.
Without a doubt, however didn't Matuidi want to go? He spent most of his career in France and was such a great servant of the club that I think they granted him that so he could experience a new league while he was still able to be a good player.