PSG | 2018-19 Club Thread | Season over

Johnny Love

It's not all bad though. Neymar got a free trip to Brazil again this year out of all this :lol:

el3mel

Back to your farmers league please haha. :lol::lol:

Funniest bottlers in CL history.

Don't play with big teams again, Paris.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Di Maria has done the job
Kylian isolated
Draxler: second-class player
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Attack: we miss the killer instinct of Neymar and Cavani
Midfield: Verratti is the pure midfielder
Defensive unit including:
- Buffon who gives a goal
- Kehrer the same (Dani Alves did the same mistake against Real last season)
- Dani Alves is 35

King.of.Red

Cursed oil money... Pppffffftt.. I hope today's result will make their players unsettled so maybe we can try to get one of their players. Mbappe maybe... Hahahahaha

Bobski

Bottlers is a tag used too often but with PSG I think it is worthy. They consistently show massive mental fragility in pressure moments.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
How many exits have happened when they’ve led from the first leg? Us, Barca and Chelsea?

De Portago

Supports
Red Star
Bottlers is a tag used too often but with PSG I think it is worthy. They consistently show massive mental fragility in pressure moments.
I don't know if it's that simple. For example, is Buffon a bottler, or simply a semi retiree at 41 years of age who is a starting #1 for a team with aspirations to win the CL?

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Mass exodus looming? Will management blow it up this summer?

Double swoop for Mbappe and Verratti. Spend the entire kitty and then some.

will never happen

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
To me it seems like more of an issue with arrogance. You can't say they looked overawed today, they were dominant for most of it. Lackadaisical in the key final period rather than fearful. Verratti is an unbelievable player in some respects but he oozes arrogance.

Dolf

Di Maria has done the job
Kylian isolated
Draxler: second-class player
Attack: we miss the killer instinct of Neymar and Cavani
Midfield: Verratti is the pure midfielder
Defensive unit including:
- Buffon who gives a goal
- Kehrer the same (Dani Alves did the same mistake against Real last season)
- Dani Alves is 35
Oh come on now. There is no excuse for this. We had even more injurys and suspensions than PSG did. We didn’t play well either. If you were the big club that you say you are then you would have finished us. Pure bottle job.

Kopral Jono

PSG were complacent in the first half but bottled it big time in the second. They dominated proceedings without ever looking in control of their own fate, and especially those who played in the 6-1 Barcelona game two years ago looked nervous as the game went on.

We waited patiently for that one moment, got it at the death and it was over the moment their net bulges. I personally didn't care how long would it have taken the ref to blow the final whistle because they were never going to score after that.

saivet

I thought they would have learned their lesson given their past. Even yesterday seeing what Ajax did yet they were so complacent. They started show boating at OT at times and at 1-1 today there was a moment where Dani Alves was doing kick ups.

I genuinely think they thought they had the tie done and dusted. Makes it even sweeter though.

AJ10

Imagine spending hundreds of millions on players so they win the only competitive trophy they compete for and once again they choke in a spectacular fashion.

This has to be the worst of them all, United were down 0-2 + many key players missing through injury + pogba suspended = lost 1-3 to this United team. :lol:

Red Star One

How stupid Dani Alves was to play so recklessly when it was 1-1? How arrogant some of their shot attempt were? Lovely through ball is one thing, but trying to score overhead or volley when you have ten better potential plays is plain idiotic. You could see they were arguing with each other at 1-1. Tuchel also fecked up huge time, again. They really are joke of a team.

VJ1762

It's happened again,
It's happened againnn,
Paris Saint Germain,
It's happened again.

Feck off you qatar cnuts.

Ban

I'm so glad we beat them. It's a club full of divers, cheats and twats. Were playing dirty and dived all game long.. They even showboated in the 1st half. Their manager is a weird looking guy with a disastrous jacket in which he looks like ham.

Oh and ADM. :lol:.

Mbappe should come to a proper club like United.

Chairman Steve

You’d think after that infamous Barcelona tie that something like that would live on in relatively lengthy memory, and that they’d never approach a second leg with such swagger.

They got much worse as the night went on. Even with the players and experience they had, they should have seen it out against a team missing 10 outfield players through injuries and suspension in Pogba.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
The thing is they weren’t even terrible today and they were controlling the game as they should. It’s unbelievable what happened. United had 0 shots in that second half before the penalty.

Not sure if you can even call them out for their mentality or if you can call out Tuchel for his tactics.

It was surreal. A bit like Bayern vs Madrid in last year’s semifinals.

Member 90887

I thought they would have learned their lesson given their past. Even yesterday seeing what Ajax did yet they were so complacent. They started show boating at OT at times and at 1-1 today there was a moment where Dani Alves was doing kick ups.

I genuinely think they thought they had the tie done and dusted. Makes it even sweeter though.
Ole said in the interview that the Ajax game was the team talk today for us, and probably for them as well.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Another baffling CL exit. Every year it's the same but that has to be the most shameful one.

Irwin99

Is it the lack of competition in France that harms them in Europe? That's the only explanation I can think of. Barca and Real Madrid have had their peaks and declines but they're always there to inspire the other team to become better through their bitter rivalry. In England it's the same. When I think back to our most recent CL wins we had an outstanding Arsenal team pushing us all the way domestically in 99 and a really tough Chelsea side in 08. If you're constantly playing teams that you're expected to annihilate week in week out then when is the mentality going to develop when you face a real challenge?

Gotta say Verratti was class again tonight.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Another baffling CL exit. Every year it's the same but that has to be the most shameful one.
Losing to a team which has much more European history than you shouldn't be a shame really.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I think Seans post above mine reflects the issues you have as a club. When it gets serious in the CL you're simply not focused enough, not enough respect for the opposition. Some of your players today and in the 1st leg were disrespectful and oozed arrogance, thinking it was too easy. I'd be binning those players and building your team around Mbappe, you don't want him turning the way of Neymar/Di Maria. For what it's worth, I feel for your fans, you don't deserve performances like that.

Respect for you coming on here tonight.

Tiber

Cheer up PSG. You will still have Neymar for a couple more months

Revan

Assumptionman
Feel sorry for you and PSG fans (and respect to you for coming here). There is something fundamentally wrong, it cannot be just bad luck year after year.

As @RedSky said, you should build the team around Mbappe, and enforce discipline in the team. A stronger competition in the league would help too, otherwise it is hard to keep the focus.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Gave up the Champions league for lent, fair play. :)

el3mel

First club to bottle a 4-0 lead in first tie vs Barca

First club to bottle 2-0 lead away from home in first tie vs United.

Serious bottling skills here. Spurs can learn a thing or two from them. :lol:

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I think Seans post above mine reflects the issues you have as a club. When it gets serious in the CL you're simply not focused enough, not enough respect for the opposition. Some of your players today and in the 1st leg were disrespectful and oozed arrogance, thinking it was too easy. I'd be binning those players and building your team around Mbappe, you don't want him turning the way of Neymar/Di Maria. For what it's worth, I feel for your fans, you don't deserve performances like that.

Respect for you coming on here tonight.
Cheers

Losing to a team which has much more European history than you shouldn't be a shame really.
MU as a club of course has much more history in Europe but the current team and players are less experienced than ours and that showed on the pitch. We always lost against equal or better teams, that Manchester United was clearly worse.

Feel sorry for you and PSG fans (and respect to you for coming here). There is something fundamentally wrong, it cannot be just bad luck year after year.

As @RedSky said, you should build the team around Mbappe, and enforce discipline in the team. A stronger competition in the league would help too, otherwise it is hard to keep the focus.
Indeed it can't be only luck but it not always going against you could be a huge help for building confidence. For example Monaco bottled much worse than us in their latest CL runs but somehow weren't punished for it.

I don't buy that a lack of competition is a problem for our concentration, I think we're usually very focused domestically. It's mostly a mental block and too much psychological pressure. It could be lifted with a single breakthough, it could have been this year as no team looks overly impressive in Europe but it wasn't meant to be.

As for the rebuilding it's an unpopular opinion but FFP is still a thing and is limiting our options at the moment, we'll see how things develop.

Wanderlust_09

Is it the lack of competition in France that harms them in Europe? That's the only explanation I can think of. Barca and Real Madrid have had their peaks and declines but they're always there to inspire the other team to become better through their bitter rivalry. In England it's the same. When I think back to our most recent CL wins we had an outstanding Arsenal team pushing us all the way domestically in 99 and a really tough Chelsea side in 08. If you're constantly playing teams that you're expected to annihilate week in week out then when is the mentality going to develop when you face a real challenge?

Spot on.

Playing in a league where they can win the league even if they sleep walk in games hardly builds you up to face tougher teams in Europe. Let them have all the expensive players they want to, but unless the competition and mentality is built by playing in tough games more often, they are never going anywhere closer to winning the UCL.

On the same note, EPL is now more competitive than ever, not just for the title, but even for the top 4 spots. There are 6 good teams fighting for 4 spots and even though it'd make our league more difficult, I guess it'd also help the English teams perform better in Europe. We are seeing that with teams like Tottenham getting impressive results at Real, Juve (at Turin), Barca and BVB, and Liverpool going to the final last year, Arsenal reaching the Europa semis, and of course us winning the Europa. The EPL teams in Europa now take it more seriously as their top 4 spot is not guaranteed either, unlike before where the top 4 was more or less the same set of teams every season

Last edited:

Canagel

a first leg home deficit by 2 goals or plus has NEVER been overturned before yesterday.

that's two bottlejob records for PSG now after the remontada Camp nou.