PSG vs Man Utd | Build-up Thread | Return leg Wednesday 06.03

cyberman

Cavani isn’t mobile? His movement is outstanding.
In the box yes but Rashford plays left right and everywhere in between and has searing pace that Cavani doesn't have.
Rashford runs that much that he's spent by the 80th minute.

cyberman

You were lucky in Turin, & DDG had the game of his life versus Spurs (& their finishing was terrible to boot). Mbappe & Cavani will cause you more issues than Spurs did versus you.
Why were we lucky in Turin?

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Why were we lucky in Turin?
Juve were through & coasting. Took a scrappy corner goal to get the win in the 88th or so minute. Lucky in the sense that you came up against a Juve side that didn't need anything, and perhaps also in the way you got that second goal.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
So Basically he hasnt played a club game on his sisters birthday since 2015?!
Is he really getting himself injured and suspended? It just seems too much of a coincidence
Sergio Ramos (has said last year) has joked that the Brazilian's infamous absence in early March would be a stumbling block in any talks to bring him to Real Madrid.

"I like to play with the best and Neymar is one of them. What we would have to negotiate is his sister's birthday [laughs]."

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
Sergio Ramos (has said last year) has joked that the Brazilian's infamous absence in early March would be a stumbling block in any talks to bring him to Real Madrid.

"I like to play with the best and Neymar is one of them. What we would have to negotiate is his sister's birthday [laughs]."
:lol: That's so ridiculous.

predator

Youth NITK
Under Jose we had 25% of getting through against PSG.
With Ole it is 50%

In my opinion. It will be a very good tie and i cant wait to see what we are like on a such a big occasion.

reddevil702

wow i am amazed that all 3 replies were just so far off the point. I was referring to Neymars style of holding on to the ball so damn long and allowing defenders to close him down for him to try and beat them with a skill move. Perhaps if he would find his space and then pass the ball along to move without the ball, players wouldnt be able to be as physical with him? Instead he is similar to what pogba/matic were under mou. Hold the ball, hold, hold holddddddddd- allowing player to get in to him. But he doesnt have the size/physicality of Matic/Pogba to deal with the physicality that is coming. But hey guys, keep on missing the point.
My point is regardless of his style it isn't an excuse for defenders that can't stop him to try and hurt him. You want a player with Neymar's skill to hold the ball and try and take players on, it's what makes him great. Plus that defenders try and hurt him because of his flair and who he is.

cyberman

Juve were through & coasting. Took a scrappy corner goal to get the win in the 88th or so minute. Lucky in the sense that you came up against a Juve side that didn't need anything, and perhaps also in the way you got that second goal.
Juve did want to win though?
There seems to be a strange habit of only counting oppositions missed chances as if we didn't have any of our own.
We were a Rashford one on one away from beating Juve 3-1!
I just don't see the logic.

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
Juve did want to win though?
There seems to be a strange habit of only counting oppositions missed chances as if we didn't have any of our own.
We were a Rashford one on one away from beating Juve 3-1!
I just don't see the logic.
Of course they wanted to win, but there's a difference between a team that has to win and a team that doesn't have to win. If that were a knockout tie & Juve's tournament life was on the line, do you think they'd have played like that?

ravi2

:lol: That's so ridiculous.
Man those Brazilians dont let anything get in the way of their partying.
eg If Ronaldinho had a better work ethic he could have stayed at his peak a lot longer.

SirAF

Ageist

:lol:

Gasolin

Of course they wanted to win, but there's a difference between a team that has to win and a team that doesn't have to win. If that were a knockout tie & Juve's tournament life was on the line, do you think they'd have played like that?
Yes, it's an Italian team, they play with the minimum until required to play better. That's how they save energy and fitness, etc... is it because you forgot how it is to meet Italian teams or what? What kind of question is that?
Teams have 2 objectives in C1:
- Quality ASAP, i.e. with 4 games if possible
- Save the fitness if they were qualified

OldPop

The players in PSG rarely meet opponents where the whole team is physically strong while the players in MU do it almost every week. With Neymar and Veratti injured, where Veratti with his playing style must be a particularly big loss against physical English football teams, I think it weighs over in favor of MU.

A-man

Why is it when De Gea has a world class performance we are lucky or jammy? Isn’t that why he’s there?

How many times have Messi and Ronaldo bailed out their retrospective clubs but it’s never lucky it’s just their world class. De Gea didn’t have the game of his life against Spurs, if anything Spurs couldn’t finish.

As for Juventus. The game at Old Trafford was pretty tight, the game at the Allianz they had 3 good chances and that was about it.
Yes this kind of reasoning is a bit annoying, as if the goalkeeper isn’t part if the defence or the team, just some lucky bastard who happens to be in the way of some shots.

haram

In the box yes but Rashford plays left right and everywhere in between and has searing pace that Cavani doesn't have.
Rashford runs that much that he's spent by the 80th minute.
Where do you think Cavani played when Ibra was at PSG?

cyberman

Where do you think Cavani played when Ibra was at PSG?
Inside forward yes but that doesn't mean much?
16 in 30 league games (its memory I swear!) For PSG in a pub league doesn't scream devastating movement to me.
Rashford comes deep, runs in behind, drifts left and right. Cavani just doesn't do that.
Even if he did, he's 31 now. He's a different kind of player.
You swap the two and you'll see a massive drop in our fluidity IMO. A lot more fixed positions.
That's just my opinion of course.

Trizy

Just stick Herrera on Verratti, keep kicking him and get Verratti sent off. Simples.

haram

Inside forward yes but that doesn't mean much?
16 in 30 league games (its memory I swear!) For PSG in a pub league doesn't scream devastating movement to me.
Rashford comes deep, runs in behind, drifts left and right. Cavani just doesn't do that.
Even if he did, he's 31 now. He's a different kind of player.
You swap the two and you'll see a massive drop in our fluidity IMO. A lot more fixed positions.
That's just my opinion of course.
Dont know what Cavani you are watching but his movement and work rate is still very good.

Enigma_87

You know who
Didn't say it wasn't.
Being less than Rashford in that department doesn't mean he's bad at it.
Not sure I agree. Cavani's overall movement is fantastic. The best probably of any forward at the moment. It is his best asset.

cyberman

Cavani is the more mobile striker in the world
Not like Rashford. He's a unique player in that regard.
He's a winger / number 10 / striker who has the blistering pace to kill you on the break.
That's not Cavani.
Rashford is doing it at such a speed that its not even sustainable. He's not clever with it but he does play as a striker and cover the RW at the same time. Its unbelievable what he's doing.
Rashfords unique characteristics is simply tailor made for our side at the minute. He's more than a striker, he is dictating how we play.
I seem to be repeating myself to similar posts so I'll leave it there.

worldinmotion66

He's a winger / number 10 / striker who has the blistering pace to kill you on the break.
That's not Cavani.
Rashford is doing it at such a speed that its not even sustainable. He's not clever with it but he does play as a striker and cover the RW at the same time. Its unbelievable what he's doing.
Rashfords unique characteristics is simply tailor made for our side at the minute. He's more than a striker, he is dictating how we play.
Cavani's movement is his greatest asset, he's the best in the world at moving off the ball and has the work rate to do it all game. I'm not sure how Rashford is in any way superior apart from with regards pace and flamboyancy.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
That's not Cavani.
I'm sorry bro but Cavani is still on another level. He is currently at moving all over the front line. He's a beast

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
That's not Cavani.
Cavani isn't the static CF you seem to think he is though.

I think you're overeating Rashford thought. It's not 'unbelievable' what he's doing. 'Dictating how we play' is rather bizarre too. He's not Messi FFS. He's playing well, in a rich vein of form and a kid we all love to see do well.

Eplel

Rooney's off the ball >>>>> Cavani's off the ball.

If you want to pass Cavani as the second coming, better go to an Arsenal forum (but even then, they had Henry, so Everton maybe?)