PSG vs Man Utd | Build-up Thread | Return leg Wednesday 06.03

izec

This is the leaked PSG team going around on twitter:

-----------------Buffon
-------Kehrer Silva Kimpembe
Alves----------------------------Bernat
-----------Veratti Marquinos
-----Di Maria Mbappe Draxler

Looks quite defensive with 5 at the back and Marquinos ahead. Perhaps Tuchel is concerned with how we got in behind Spurs and Arsenal's full backs. Could be an interesting tactical battle.

They can switch it easily to a back 4 with Bernat and Kehrer as the FBs, and then Alves in midfield with the other 2. Tuchel is known for switching tactics and formations multiple times in a game if needed.

haram

They can switch it easily to a back 4 with Bernat and Kehrer as the FBs, and then Alves in midfield with the other 2. Tuchel is known for switching tactics and formations multiple times in a game if needed.
Yes, this is what I think they will do.

crossy1686

career ending
Tuchel will be so focused on Pogba-Rashford and Martial, he won't even see how Lingod will score a brace in the first 20 minutes.
I reckon this will be like that time we played Arsenal. Loads of fan fare, loads of talking, tactical analysis, out come the flags being waved everywhere, kick off, 2-0 up in 20 minutes, away go the flags.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
If They man mark Pogba with two or more defenders Their defense line will get pinned back and Martial will have all the space He needs. Pogba has been playing almost like a left forward / CF under Ole. I doubt Tuchel will be that naive to be honest. He'll probably play a defensive football with zonal marking, flooding the midfield and hoping for a counter with Mbappe and Di Maria.

Cabin Clown

Tuchel will be so focused on Pogba-Rashford and Martial, he won't even see how Lingod will score a brace in the first 20 minutes.
Can already see a return of the piped piper celebration from Lingod tonight. It's beautiful.

Hughes35

I'm predicting 2-0 Utd with at least one unusual goal scorer (One of the defenders or Matic) and all the headlines in the morning to be about De Gea...... again.

crossy1686

career ending
Anyone seen the Instagram post by United?

Says something along the lines of: We've shared some iconic players over the years.

Then has pictures of Beckham and Zlatan in United and PSG shirts. Zero mention of Di Maria and Heinze.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers

Says something along the lines of: We've shared some iconic players over the years.

Then has pictures of Beckham and Zlatan in United and PSG shirts. Zero mention of Di Maria and Heinze.
I think the fact that they are nowhere near as iconic as Zlataan or Beckham means their omission is not exactly surprising.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

I think like most they've blocked the fact Di Maria ever "played" for us in their minds.

His part in Juanfield will always be appreciated, but he never wanted to be here and cried his way out the club at the first hurdle.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
More than likely a back 5 out of possession, with Alves pushing into midfield when they have the ball.

StrettyEnder07

Feeling confident if that leaked side is correct, feel much happier with Mbappe playing down the middle rather then cutting in from out wide, hopefully be a little easier to mark.

Draxler and Di Maria not half as formidable as Neymar & Mbappe with Cavani up top so happy days and Marquinos can be got at in the centre of the park, I can see Herrera being important tonight and be interesting to see how they deal with Pogba, all set up for a great game.

If ever there was a night to keep a clean sheet, this is it!

The Purley King

If that leaked team is correct, seems like PSG will sit back in the moment we get the ball and it'll 5-4-1. We have to be so so careful to be aware of them countering if we lose the ball whilst attacking. Can just see Shaw overlapping, Martial losing it and suddenly its 4 on 3. Maybe I'm being too negative :)

If we can click in possession and keep switching the play (not our usual focus on left hand side only) then I think we've got a decent chance. That PSG midfield can be got at surely.......

Mike Smalling

Just found out that VAR will be used tonight - had no idea :lol:

If I was a betting man, I would put money on a penalty being given. Especially if Jones is on the field.

Greck

Just found out that VAR will be used tonight - had no idea :lol:

If I was a betting man, I would put money on a penalty being given. Especially if Jones is on the field.
On the contrary it will likely be the man in your username penalised for shirt holding tonight

Toad

I’d would like:
De gea
Dalot-Lindelof-Jones-Shaw
Herrera-Matic-Pogba
Lingard-Rashford-Martial

But I think it will be Bailley and Young will play instead of Dalot and Jones. But then again they have good experience. Unless I am missing something injury wise.

Devils11

First knockout match for Ole. Would be interesting to see his Man Utd goes all out for more goals to increase a 1-0 lead or keep it tight and cautious for the 2nd leg.

Deleted member 101472

Struggling for a place to watch the game, had to resort to desperate measures;

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I've been a United fan for 25 years now but I can't recall us ever facing PSG in the CL. Is this the first time ever?

Oliver_

absolutely buzzing for this one - frecking goosebumps allover imagining the CL anthem tonight

VanGaalEra

Heart says 3-1, head with a mix of heart says 2-1 and head on it's own says 2-2.

I'm a mess.

AaronRedDevil

No offence but why does ole insists on using Jones? Bailly is a clear choice with lindelof. Jones left Harry Kane wide open 5 times in the spurs match. Imagine his stupid @$$ against mbappe :houllier:. I'm happy if he proves me wrong.

MadMike

So many absentees for them. We need to twat those knuts, make Buffon consider retirement. Hit them for six...

The Purley King

No offence but why does ole insists on using Jones? Bailly is a clear choice with lindelof. Jones left Harry Kane wide open 5 times in the spurs match. Imagine his stupid @$$ against mbappe :houllier:. I'm happy if he proves me wrong.
Bailly is equally susceptible to a rash moment, especially when he's pumped up, which he will be tonight. He is definitely quicker than Jones though, so on balance he's probably the better choice for this game. Mbappe at full pelt will leave anyone for dead though.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
I woke up with this feeling United are winning. Never been so sure in a long time.

Andy Hill

They are not as strong as many would believe, Liverpool and Napoli both beat them at home in the group stages. They will sit back and attack in a wave as soon as we lose the ball. Keep it tight and no stray passes. Also no panic if it is goaless on 75 minutes, 0-0 is not a bad result and may see us through.