Pundits you actually like?

Bola

Just watched the soccer Saturday team discuss the Utd situation.
Those 4 need to be fired along with Steling. Actually the station needs to be moved to LFC TV.
Wankers!
I watch the BT scores show instead now.

Sky indulge the obvious bias of Le Tissier, Merson (for Chelsa) and Thompson

Moribund show that needs freshening up

Litch

I watch the BT scores show instead now.

Sky indulge the obvious bias of Le Tissier, Merson (for Chelsa) and Thompson

Moribund show that needs freshening up
Sky today was shocking with Le Tisser, Merson et al. The bias was laughable....

Acole9

Outstanding
Soccer Saturday has been bad for a while now. Used to be my go to football programme but the format is very tired and dated. They need to bin the pundits and Stelling and start a fresh.

CallyRed

I still watch Soccer Saturday but just from 3pm.

Don't really care for their opinions

snk123

And i must add, Bellamy as well! He's spot on most of the time too

Bola

'Merson's Boxing Day predictions'

http://www.skysports.com/share/11590127

Merson is very pissed off with the Jose sacking. 2nd time he has vented his spleen about the players on his prediction column.

As others have said, Sky need to freshen things up with Soccer Saturday. Merson offers very little insight and analysis of merit. Also it seems every other game is a 'must win'

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Yeah, hes really surprised me recently.

He was gushing over United on this weeks Debate. Is he a boyhood fan?
Liverpool was apparently his boyhood club but they all say that when they sign for them.

Have Sky actually signed him up as a full time pundit as I remember him doing a couple of Monday night games a while ago and he didn't play for either Everton or Spurs so surprised he was in the studio.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Liverpool was apparently his boyhood club but they all say that when they sign for them.

Have Sky actually signed him up as a full time pundit as I remember him doing a couple of Monday night games a while ago and he didn't play for either Everton or Spurs so surprised he was in the studio.
I dunno hownfull time but he desperately wants to get into management.

ice-bionic red

Hated Carragher as a player. Never rated him as a top class defender like the media did eventually but as a pundit for me he is the best.

Gary Neville is good but he’s such a sensationalist. Like the Pogba-Jose story amongst others. I get he’s part of the media so people want to hear his opinion on things but most of the time these days I find myself saying “shut the feck up Gary!”...

Roy Keane is Roy Keane. Speaks the absolute truth whether you like it or not.

The Soccer Saturday team are embarrassing. I used to love that show but can’t stand listening to their shit anymore. Pathetic and has its day.

*can’t be bothered to list more right now

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Good pundits:
Neville, Steve Clarige, Waddle, Keane, Keown and Ian Wright.
Crap:
Sutton, Mills, Scholes (sorry) Merston and Carriger.
Completely Rubbish:
Savage - the most annoying of the lot. Brainless halfwit.
Best commentator:
Alan Green and Jonathan Pearce.

Mick321

Bellamy and Rosenior are good, seem to know their shit.

The soccer saturday lads are awful, thick as feck and it's just become a who can shout the loudest contest. Stelling is not as funny as he thinks he is either.

diarm

I'm moving Gary Neville out of my "don't mind" column and into the "pain in the arse" column.

cyberman

I still watch Soccer Saturday but just from 3pm.

Don't really care for their opinions
It really hasn't any business of having 3 hours of analysis before 3pm kick offs.
Its staggering. Its just 5 old men talking about stories that have already been covered to death over the last 7 days.

E-mal

Neville is just shit as is his brother Phil.
Bellamy and Townsend for me.

Barca84

Supports
Doesn't support Barca
Good pundits:
Neville, Steve Clarige, Waddle, Keane, Keown and Ian Wright.
Crap:
Sutton, Mills, Scholes (sorry) Merston and Carriger.
Completely Rubbish:
Savage - the most annoying of the lot. Brainless halfwit.
Best commentator:
Alan Green and Jonathan Pearce.
Green? Ban this cider addled west country psychopath please.

Strachans Cigar

I like Carragher (with the subtitles on obviously)

Lee Dixon is good too. Low key style, doesn’t get too excited like Gary Neville & Johnathan Pearce do.

I really like David Pleat too. Especially how he refers to us as “Manchester” :)

Robbie Earle is ok, though I preferred him when he was on ITV. Seems to have become a little more loud on US TV.

Honourable mentions for some of the old guard, Ray Wilkins & Graham Taylor :(

No mentions for Joey Barton? :D

padr81

Supports
Man City
Rosenior, Bellamy, Higginbotham. Carragher and Neville too.

Seems to be the more recently retired players know a shit load more about the game then older players. Le Tiss and co. Are dinosaurs who know feck all about modern football.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Green? Ban this cider addled west country psychopath please.
That is the nicest thing anybody has ever said to me.
Alan Green is easily the best and most knowledgeable football commentator.
You have no taste.
By the way - happy Christmas to you.

St Red

KRAP
Carragher, Neville, Ferdinand all talk sense.

Redknapp, Savage utter bell ends.

Scholes needs to get down to the doctors and have some Prozac prescribed. Morbid ginger twat.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Neville is pissing me right off with his negativity and stubbornness. Does he not care that we as a club don't need it right now.

A friend of mine went to Cardiff on Saturday and on the coach back it kicked off with fans over Pogba, two guys scrapping on the coach. Apparently the argument started over Pogba going into the fans, one guy said it was great giving his shirt to a young lad....another resorted Nevilles right he can do one....then it snowballed apparently into a full blown fight.

Rajma

Neville is pissing me right off with his negativity and stubbornness. Does he not care that we as a club don't need it right now.

A friend of mine went to Cardiff on Saturday and on the coach back it kicked off with fans over Pogba, two guys scrapping on the coach. Apparently the argument started over Pogba going into the fans, one guy said it was great giving his shirt to a young lad....another resorted Nevilles right he can do one....then it snowballed apparently into a full blown fight.
That’s exactly why I hate Neville nowadays, at a time when we’re craving for some positivity he goes on to divide fans, the prick. His analysis is nothing more than soundbites too. His refusal to criticise Jose makes him look like a right dick as well.

Sticking to OP, I think it’s a Bellamy for me.

HisDudeness

Supports
Rangers
Sutton, Savage, and Merson. Clowns. Would make awful managers. 33% win ratio.

Hoever Sutton is really trying his hardest to be annoying for TV.

Last edited:

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
That’s exactly why I hate Neville nowadays, at a time when we’re craving for some positivity he goes on to divide fans, the prick. His analysis is nothing more than soundbites too. His refusal to criticise Jose makes him look like a right dick as well.

Sticking to OP, I think it’s a Bellamy for me.
Surely fans can choose to collectively ignore Neville if he's undeniably wrong? Maybe some fans see his side and some don't? Unsure why you want to blame him from any divide and splitting fans. It's up to fans to hold their own view on club matters and they have.

Some agree some disagree. You're free to disagree with Neville but blaming him for a divide is a bit weird.

Precaution

My likes - Le Saux is actually pretty decent, as is Kyle Martino who for an American makes alot of sense, Bellamy i watched on Sky the other day and comes across very well.

Dislikes - Robbie Earle was shit on ITV (and their god awful MOTD replacement) and awful for NBC, Kown is a clown, cant stand his bias as is Ian Wright who seems overly exicted like some sort of teenager from East London, still calling former managers "Gaffer" he is the definition of cringe worthy, Steve Mcmanaman is another one... utter bellend which goes double for Sutton... trys to be the "Mans Man" of pundits but talks like the guy in the pub that knows absolutely nothing about football and misses the time when you could put in a hard challenge without it being a foul and probably has a poster of Vinnie Jones on his bedroom wall.

Garth Crooks is another awful one, never talks any lick of sense ever.

Last edited:

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Surely fans can choose to collectively ignore Neville if he's undeniably wrong? Maybe some fans see his side and some don't? Unsure why you want to blame him from any divide and splitting fans. It's up to fans to hold their own view on club matters and they have.

Some agree some disagree. You're free to disagree with Neville but blaming him for a divide is a bit weird.
Who knows whether he's "undeniably wrong or right" ? He doesn't know himself yet he's sticking to his guns. Given your hatred of Pogba it's easy to see why you're ok with his tweet.....but that's not the point...it's not about whether you like Pogba or dislike Pogba. It's about the club uniting again after Jose, who divided players, staff and fans. I bet if you asked Ole, he'd prefer it if everyone moved on and got behind the club and players.....Well Neville is hardly helping with his tweet and his continuation of blaming players and putting spotlight and pressure on them.

No one is blaming him for the divide, but it's time to move on and get behind the club as one again.

Just because you don't like Pogba, I don't see how you can't see the problem....a full on fight escalated on a coach of united fans that was apparently instigated initially by reference to Nevilles tweet

Balerion

Who knows whether he's "undeniably wrong or right" ? He doesn't know himself yet he's sticking to his guns. Given your hatred of Pogba it's easy to see why you're ok with his tweet.....but that's not the point...it's not about whether you like Pogba or dislike Pogba. It's about the club uniting again after Jose, who divided players, staff and fans. I bet if you asked Ole, he'd prefer it if everyone moved on and got behind the club and players.....Well Neville is hardly helping with his tweet and his continuation of blaming players and putting spotlight and pressure on them.

No one is blaming him for the divide, but it's time to move on and get behind the club as one again.

Just because you don't like Pogba, I don't see how you can't see the problem....a full on fight escalated on a coach of united fans that was apparently instigated initially by reference to Nevilles tweet
How is that Neville's fault? :lol: If you are going to fight someone because they don't share your opinion, then don't blame someone else for your actions. Neville doesn't divide anyone, he is entitled to his opinion just like everyone else. If someone can't deal with a different opinion, then the problem is in their own head.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
How is that Neville's fault? :lol: If you are going to fight someone because they don't share your opinion, then don't blame someone else for your actions. Neville doesn't divide anyone, he is entitled to his opinion just like everyone else. If someone can't deal with a different opinion, then the problem is in their own head.
So opinions can't be influential or divisive?

Ok.

Rajma

His opinion carries zero weight for people with any actual brain cells considering how he refused to criticise Jose.

Gary is an absolute legend he should know better the potential implications his words can have on a fan base.