Pundits you actually like?

izec

Rio, Carragher, Bellamy.

Wright, Shearer and Jenas are ok too. Hoddle sometimes too.

The rest are unbearable, including Neville.

Balerion

So opinions can't be influential or divisive?

Ok.
Opinions are divisive by nature, you know, by being different. Still don't see how the mentioned situation is Neville's fault. Acting with violence because someone doesn't share your opinion is, again, a problem in the heads of the participants, not the messenger.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Who knows whether he's "undeniably wrong or right" ? He doesn't know himself yet he's sticking to his guns. Given your hatred of Pogba it's easy to see why you're ok with his tweet.....but that's not the point...it's not about whether you like Pogba or dislike Pogba. It's about the club uniting again after Jose, who divided players, staff and fans. I bet if you asked Ole, he'd prefer it if everyone moved on and got behind the club and players.....Well Neville is hardly helping with his tweet and his continuation of blaming players and putting spotlight and pressure on them.

No one is blaming him for the divide, but it's time to move on and get behind the club as one again.

Just because you don't like Pogba, I don't see how you can't see the problem....a full on fight escalated on a coach of united fans that was apparently instigated initially by reference to Nevilles tweet
How about it's the players who divided the fans? What about the pundits who happen to be our ex players and had no problem shitting on Jose before? It was fine they were dividing the fanbase and the club but now Neville should shut his mouth because what exactly again?

I can get behind Ole like the most here I presume, I cannot force myself to get 'behind the players' yet again, unless they simply deserve this trust. At the moment I don't have any of it for them.

As for the pundits Carragher is probably the only one not to let me down as of recent. Probably the best pundit at the moment.

steakpie

My favourite pundits are

Chris Sutton
Rio
Carragher
Keane
Andy Gray
And the soccer Saturday panel especially Merson

Josep Dowling

As for good pundits there really isn’t any sadly. I use to love Soccer Saturday but it’s all become a bit dated now. Chris Kamara saying ‘unbelievable Jeff’ every time it goes to his game, the shouting when there is a goal, the ridiculous bias all of them have. What made it great was it was all natural, now it just seems put on.

As I can’t think of any good ones I can name the worst by a mile.

Dean Saunders - total Liverpool bias, just talks nonsense most of the time.

Chris Sutton - has a clear chip on his shoulder, tries to be controversial but clearly he says things to get attention.

Steve McManaman - it’s more his commentary than his analysis. Just has the worse voice for TV. Again terrible Liverpool bias, I wish BT would stop him doing Champions League games involving them.

Martin Keown - just repeats sound bites over and over again. Our game against Cardiff I don’t know how many times he repeated ‘United look like a new team’ when we were 1-0 and literally passing the ball.

I’d say the best commentator is Peter Drury and Ally McCoist, I wish he did commentary more often. Use to love Martin Tyler as well but again he keeps coming out with terrible sound bites lately. Some of things he came out with in the City v United game were completely cringeworthy.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
A lot of ex-united pundits are insufferable and have some mental blocks. A lot of non-united pundits are incredibly biased and regularly spout nonsense (Keown, Mcmanaman, Souness etc.)

Lampard, Carragher, Ferdinand, Higginbotham and Shearer are my favourite pundits.

redshaw

Graeme La Saux and Lee Dixon are pretty good.

I'm glad to avoid BT and Sky.

Hazard Warning

Supports
Chelsea
Used to have Neville and Carragher as my top 2 but over the last 18 months Neville has utterly lost the plot.

I’d say Carra is better than anyone else then there’s a few I don’t mind listening to such as Bellamy, Rosenior, Alex Scott & Jenas.

I also enjoy listening to Keane and Souness purely for a laugh :D

Negan

Roy Keane
Danny Higginbotham

Most of the United ones to be honest. Gary Neville talks shite sometimes though.

Cockney Phil

There are now too many of them and they keep multiplying like the plague but:

Andy Gray for all his faults still has an ability to assess a game.

Danny Higginbottom makes some insightful observations.

Rio is good when he sticks to the game and doesn’t drift. His reading of a game was exemplary as player.

Sourness seems OK but Nev and Carra are like listening to 2 old women.

The rest are pretty tedious.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
I like Alexander Schau from Norway.
I also thought Henry was a good pundit, mostly because he did interviews instead of punditry and gave insight into his life and experiences as a footballer without claiming it to be correct 100% of the time (that's how he came across to me).

lsd

The Oracle
Neville is the worst by miles then Mc Manaman and Owen .

I actually don't mind Souness or Carragher , Robbie Savage is ok .Rio is good ,Keane is good and Scholes ok

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Neville is the worst by miles then Mc Manaman and Owen .

I actually don't mind Souness or Carragher , Robbie Savage is ok .Rio is good ,Keane is good and Scholes ok
Savage is very pro Utd as well as Leicester.

Hate Sourpuss.

Neville loves a sound bite....-twat

Keane will never say what you want so is watchable.

Rio I like

Scholes is boring

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Liam Rosenior - Easily the most under-rated pundit. Smooth as silk, insightful as feck, sensible, calm and intelligent. Just a wonderful pundit.

Jamie Carragher - The best of the big guns. Has risen above any Liverpool bias he used to have and weirdly often comes across like he kind of cares about Utd as a club.

Rio Ferdinand - Insightful, very honest as a pundit, talks in a way that takes you into the role and mindset of the player.

Craig Bellamy - Dry, blunt, honest, seems to care about getting to the crux of the subject.

Jermaine Jenas (recently has improved) - offers good detail these days when breaking down a game, and can at times be pretty insightful.

Frank Lampard - Bit like Rosenior - intelligent, calm, seems unbiased.

BigRedScouser

Supports
Liverpool
I actually love the NBC coverage. Le Saux, Dixon and the commentator (Arlo White I see his name is). They don't get on my nerves and occasionally make me chuckle which makes them a god send as far as I'm concerned.

ZIDANE

Supports
The Philosophy.
I actually think Rooney has done well when he's appeared as a pundit.

The only football reporter I have time for is Sid Lowe of the Guardian,who primarily focuses on La Liga.

I dont really care for pundits,not even ones who played for us.

stepic

People keeping saying Lampard like he’s a regular pundit. He’s a manager now?

People actually liking Shearer? What.

E-mal

Liam Rosenior - Easily the most under-rated pundit. Smooth as silk, insightful as feck, sensible, calm and intelligent. Just a wonderful pundit.

Jamie Carragher - The best of the big guns. Has risen above any Liverpool bias he used to have and weirdly often comes across like he kind of cares about Utd as a club.

Rio Ferdinand - Insightful, very honest as a pundit, talks in a way that takes you into the role and mindset of the player.

Craig Bellamy - Dry, blunt, honest, seems to care about getting to the crux of the subject.

Jermaine Jenas (recently has improved) - offers good detail these days when breaking down a game, and can at times be pretty insightful.

Frank Lampard - Bit like Rosenior - intelligent, calm, seems unbiased.
His Dad Leroy Rosenior is on international broadcasting, very insightful and funny.

E-mal

Ian Wright is great, as is Leroy Rosenior and Alan Curbishley.
Gary Neville, Phil Neville and Owen Hargreaves are just shit pundit, who think they have great insight but in reality are clueless.
Andy Townsend and Tim Sherwood are OK too, honest but sometimes just cringy.
Jermain Jenas and Owen are just object of my fun.
Chris Sutton and Robbie Fowler could actually make someone commit suicide, just boring. If I wasn't a United fan, Ryan Giggs will be in this category, God he is boring.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Dislike- Gary Neville and Scholes( they just criticise, criticise and criticise.
Like- Jenas( excellent and objective), Keane( because he is fecking Roy Keane).

But this is based only on some youtube videos so i know that i am maybe wrong here.

Irish Jet

Supports
Anyone but Rashford
Neville is still by far the best.

This place is shite though.

Chairman Steve

I've always wondered whether Gary judges Utd more harshly from a staunch supporter point of view where 'I have VERY high standards for how my Utd team should play, like when I played, so I'm measuring them against that', or whether he judges us harshly from the impartial pundit point of view where 'I can't say my beloved Utd are the greatest team since sliced bread just because I'm Utd through and through, so I'll pick holes at any opportunity to show that'

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I love Ian Wright. Just know him from MotD, but he comes across as such a friendly bloke.

Kevin_

Very surprised to see that Carragher is more popular than Neville.

Neville is fantastic to me and Carragher is clueless

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Goes without saying perhaps, but I would obviously make for a better pundit than all of them. As would all football fans in their own mind.

Thing with pundits is, in the end they have to fill up so much time talking about some lads kicking a ball around a pitch, they're bound to say something silly. There's just such a feckload of coverage now.

When I was a kid, our state channel broadcast one hour of premier league football on sunday morning. It was fecking magical. No interviews, no analyses, just football. Those guys were myths to me. Now we have to hear them speak afterwards and realize they're just a bunch of semi literate millionaire cnuts who think they're the equivalent of Christ.

#oldmanyellingatclouds

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
Neville, Carragher and Jenas for me.

Lampard and Hargreaves are okay to listen to. Rio always has some interesting stories and can add some interesting opinions but still not great.
I'd add Andy Townsend to them on my list. Always has domething insightful and level headed to say. Which is kinda nice since I liked him a lot as a player too.