Qanon

The Firestarter

Americans behave in a way that don't match the technological level of their country.
It matches perfectly. The less mental challenges you have in your daily life, the less your general intelligence. All tech is dumbed down to the lowest common denominator. It's not the 80s when knowing how to use a computer would have branded you a genius by the older folk.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Americans behave in a way that don't match the technological level of their country.
Important to remember that there's a lot of really smart, cool Americans.

It's just that the loud, Trump following brigade are so demonstrative and brash that it takes up all the focus.

It started with the nightmarish 'Build A Wall' chants ringing out and those stupid little red hats and hasn't ever eased up really.

Having a President like Trump is basically like a bait for all the morons to come out of the Woodwork and voice the stupid, idiot garbage that they've pent up during the previous President's tenure...

Indeed, it often feels that the 'back and forth' of the above is a predictable pattern within U.S politics.

nimic

something nice
Scout
It matches perfectly. The less mental challenges you have in your daily life, the less your general intelligence. All tech is dumbed down to the lowest common denominator. It's not the 80s when knowing how to use a computer would have branded you a genius by the older folk.
Yeah, totally! People were a lot smarter before they came up with this new "symbols on papyrus" thing. What was so bad about sitting around a fire and listening to the oldest guy talk, and trying to remember it so that you can repeat it around the fire in the future? The less mental challenges you have in your daily life, the less your general intelligence. It's not the 8000s BC when knowing how to chisel a mammoth into the side of a cave wall would have branded you a genius by the older folk.

The Firestarter

Yeah, totally! People were a lot smarter before they came up with this new "symbols on papyrus" thing. What was so bad about sitting around a fire and listening to the oldest guy talk, and trying to remember it so that you can repeat it around the fire in the future? The less mental challenges you have in your daily life, the less your general intelligence. It's not the 8000s BC when knowing how to chisel a mammoth into the side of a cave wall would have branded you a genius by the older folk.
Quite the back projection you made there. I think you need more mental challenges in your daily life.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/06/13/qanon-congress-316289

Recommend reading the link for the full picture but it is scary.

The loosely connected cohort that follows Q, known as QAnon, exists in a symbiotic relationship with the president, and sees Trump as an almost messianic figure. Q has prophesied an upcoming event dubbed “The Storm,” when Trump will reveal the mass arrest — and potentially even the mass execution — of the Washington figures responsible for everything from a worldwide child sex ring to murdering a Democratic National Committee staffer. Meanwhile, Trump has flirted right back, inviting one of QAnon’s top promoters to pose with him in the Oval Office, and retweeting over 130 tweets that directly reference QAnon-related claims.

[...]

“This is a community who is intensely, intensely devoted to Trump, to the extent that they see him as the savior of mankind,” said Travis View, a QAnon researcher and the host of the QAnon Anonymous podcast, which tracks the growth of this community. “It's certainly advantageous to have a community of people who will never, ever, find any fault in you whatsoever, and will work to defend you, and advocate [for] you, and would even spread conspiracy theories that defend you, online.”

[...]

Depending on where one looks, Q-adherent beliefs range from untrue theories that spring from actual events — DNC staffer Seth Rich was murdered by gang members hired by Democratic leaders, the Rothschild family was behind Princess Diana’s death, German Chancellor Angela Merkel is Adolf Hitler’s grandchild — to the arcane and metaphysical. One more nebulous belief: that the most prominent members of this cabal harvest adrenal glands from childrens’ brains and sacrifice them to the Satanic ancient god Moloch. Another alleges that Trump has arrested these evildoers — not physically here on earth, but spiritually, on an interdimensional plane.

[...]

QAnon followers have not lost faith in Trump or Q even when the cult figure’s elaborate predictions have not come true — like one that theorized Trump was working with former Attorney General Jeff Sessions and special counsel Robert Mueller to purge the deep state. And to this point, Trump has yet to disavow the group, even as the FBI has labeled it a potential source of domestic terrorism. Across the country, people radicalized by QAnon have been charged with crimes, ranging from attempted kidnapping to murder, inspired by the conspiracy theory.

View, the QAnon tracker, argued that Trump has always gravitated toward groups, like QAnon, that consider him a “Jesus-like figure.” And the belief among QAnon that it has Trump’s covert approval — divined by Q supporters from his tweets and random hand gestures — has turned into political energy.

With Greene, the woman running for Georgia’s soon-to-be vacant 14th Congressional District seat, the political aspirations will likely succeed. Greene is heading into a runoff for the Republican nomination as the clear favorite. And if she claims the nomination, her district is considered a safe seat for Republicans, meaning she would likely be headed to Washington.

Having a Q supporter in Congress will inevitably fan the flames of the conspiracy, even if Greene decides to remain silent about Q or even disavow her previous beliefs, which involve her calling Q a “patriot” back in 2018.

“if you think about it, it's a whole new pipeline for information that can feed into the Q movement,” said Angelo Carusone, the president of Media Matters, who himself has been the target of QAnon conspiracies. “Because now they have a person in office that has the imprimatur of that congressional pin, who is going to have access to information either that others can't get access to, or that's a lot harder for them to get access to.”
Final bit:

While he predicted that QAnon would begin pressuring Trump to carry out “The Plan” and begin his mass purge of the power elite if he won, Carusone worried particularly about what would happen if Trump lost.

“You'll start to see an increase in questions about the legitimacy of the election, of the outcome,” he predicted. “Increased attacks on the system of voting, a total lack of acknowledgement about the election result unnecessarily. And that's assuming Trump says nothing.”

If Trump decides to contest the results, Carusone added, he has a captive audience “that have been stockpiling weapons, ammunition and freeze dried food rights to basically fight the battle of their lives against the deep state. Either way, they're going to say that it's proof of their argument and the externalities that come from that are not good.”

DJ Jeff

Not so Jazzy
Soaring like a candy wrapper caught in an updraft
This whole thing is an intelligence agency operation to keep Trump voters, who received absolutely nothing of what they were promised by that buffoon, onside. This is the lot of the rural white conservative in the USA now. Get completely lied to and gypped no matter who you vote for and get some crumbs of conspiracy nonsense for your troubles.

GiddyUp

Replies:

Red americans have turned in to the one armed guy in Springfield that owns the military hardware store. "Welcome to the normal states of America.....and Springfield".

GiddyUp

So is their a special way to pronounce the name of this club? I would also bet my last dollar that it is a 400lb incel sitting in his mom's basement.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Northwest Georgia is spooky.
I can only imagine the number of persons vanished/buried/dumped by sheriffs and locals in these rural towns over the years. Many citizens have that dangerous mindset akin to Ozark character Darlene Snell - they hate outsiders, they hate progress, they hate anything not conforming to their misguided beliefs. It is spooky.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
What the feck, it's pronounced Q-anon? I thought it was Quaynon. The man in the car is evidently suffering from a mental disorder. That's the danger of these internet things. Sick people latch on to them and, instead of keeping their rubbish on reddit where it belongs, go out into the real world and do damage. Not unlike religious terrorists recruiting unstable people. In the end Qanon is sort of like a religion I suppose.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I can only imagine the number of persons vanished/buried/dumped by sheriffs and locals in these rural towns over the years. Many citizens have that dangerous mindset akin to Ozark character Darlene Snell - they hate outsiders, they hate progress, they hate anything not conforming to their misguided beliefs. It is spooky.
And it’s not even the ‘Deliverance’ side of northern Georgia. It’s a special kind of batshit crazy.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
What the feck, it's pronounced Q-anon? I thought it was Quaynon. The man in the car is evidently suffering from a mental disorder. That's the danger of these internet things. Sick people latch on to them and, instead of keeping their rubbish on reddit where it belongs, go out into the real world and do damage. Not unlike religious terrorists recruiting unstable people. In the end Qanon is sort of like a religion I suppose.
It’s people believing in fiction. It’s exactly like a religion.

Badunk

Shares his caf joinday with Dante
Used to argue with a guy who believed in Quran Science. A lot like Kabbalah. Basically, the Quran predicted lots of scientific discoveries centuries before they happened. The evidence for which is revealed in words that are similar to modern words. One example is a verse which describes the pillars of fire from God, into which backstabbers (yup) and very rich people will be thrown. The fiery fury of Allah is called 'Hotamah', which Quranic Science devotees see as eerily close to 'Atom'. Well, close enough to claim that this Hotamah word clearly predicted the development of nuclear weapons.

And that's how insane most of the Q stuff is. Letters are numbers, hand gestures are coded signs, and a well-known sex pest and alleged rapist is going to uncover a giant paedophile ring that just happens to include all the people that Conservative Christian America hates.

hubbuh

I have a pretty close friend that is an avid Qanon follower/believer/fecking idiot. He's not completely functional, is 27, has never left home (not that that is necessarily a bad thing), has issues to do with employment, is obsessed with gold and silver, still believes Trump is draining the swamp, talks in riddles and redirects whenever people grill him etc. He's very loveable but his ascent into full-blown derangement on lots of stuff to do with politics/the wider world has started to wear thin as I've grown up a bit. Keep him away from that stuff and he's great. The annoying thing is reads a lot, so even though what he's talking about is complete and obvious nonsense, he'll bombard you with so much shit it's difficult to shut him down. We're from the U.K., which makes it even fecking worse! It'd be hilarious if it wasn't genuinely a bit scary, the cnut.

nimic

something nice
Scout
I have a pretty close friend that is an avid Qanon follower/believer/fecking idiot. He's not completely functional, is 27, has never left home (not that that is necessarily a bad thing), has issues to do with employment, is obsessed with gold and silver, still believes Trump is draining the swamp, talks in riddles and redirects whenever people grill him etc. He's very loveable but his ascent into full-blown derangement on lots of stuff to do with politics/the wider world has started to wear thin as I've grown up a bit. Keep him away from that stuff and he's great. The annoying thing is reads a lot, so even though what he's talking about is complete and obvious nonsense, he'll bombard you with so much shit it's difficult to shut him down. We're from the U.K., which makes it even fecking worse! It'd be hilarious if it wasn't genuinely a bit scary, the cnut.
The Gish gallop, a favourite among that crowd. I assaume he's a big fan of Jordan Peterson, Ben Shapiro, that lot too? Maybe even Sargon of Akkad and other YouTubers?

The sad thing is that there's probably nothing you can do about it. If he's into Q, he's so far down the rabbit hole that you won't be able to reason him out of it. He'll have to realize it on his own, and basically de-radicalize himself (like he was at one point radicalized).

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Does he use the term "cognitive dissonance" a lot too? Because I know someone like that :lol:

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
One of my best friends is the same. He follows Ben Shapiro, etc. and believes that George Soros and the communism international is behind all the evil in the world.

Last edited:

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Town hall meeting in Florida over masks:

twitter video above said:
"Alright. Good morning family, all of you, cuz that's what we all are here. What I wanna say is we the people will work day and night to clean every single seat if need be. We will get together and do a citizen's arrest on every single human being that goes against the freedom of choice.

Okay, you cannot mandate you literally cannot mandate someone to wear a mask knowing that mask is killing people. It literally is killing people and the people - we, the people - are waking up and we know what citizen's arrest is because citizens arrests are already happening. Okay, and every single one of you that are obeying the Devil's laws are going to be arrested and you, doctor are going to be arrested for crimes against humanity. Every single one of you have a smirk behind that little mask, but every single one of you are going to get punished by God. You cannot, you cannot escape God. You cannot escape God. I'm gonna say that again. You cannot escape God. Not even with the mask or six feet. Okay, six feet like I said before is military protocol. You're trying to get the people to train them so when the cameras, 5G comes out, what they're gonna, they're gonna scan everybody, they're gonna get temperature. The kids have to go to school with masks. Are you insane? Are you crazy? I think all of you should be in a psych ward right the heck now because none of you, none of you know what the hell you are all talking about. This is insane. And then you wanna open this meeting with a prayer to God. Are you praying to the Devil because God is not listening to that prayer because all of you are practicing the Devil's love.

What happened to Bill Gates? Why is he not in jail? Why is Hillary Clinton not in jail? Why are all of these pedophiles that are demanding you all to listen to their rules? Why are they not in jail? Oh, is it because you're part of them? Are you part of the deep state? The state is going down and if you are in the deep state you're going down with it."

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
These people are allowed to vote. One day we will look back at democracy and scoff.