Qanon

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Why even give this the time of day with a thread. The fact that any mental person can be given a platform for the most batshit theory even if it's just to mock them still means it becomes more mainstream.

Not saying the caf will propel this into more minds but some things are best to just scoff at and move on.

Suv666

Its obvious these q idiots have mental issues. They need help.

GiddyUp

No surprise really. Having too much time on your hands seems to be single biggest risk factor for this particular brand of lunacy.
We should have a poster and CD burning nationwide. If we are lucky we might be able to warm a can of beans on the flame.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
again, i'm confused.what happes when they take power. do they meet q? does q reveal themselves? does trump arrest hillary? do they stop saying stuff about q?

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Don't know if anyone heard, but last Thursday, a guy drove into the Rideau Hall grounds in Ottawa. Rideau Hall is the official residence of Canada's Governor General (who represents the queen in Canada, with roughly the same functions), and it's also where the Prime Minister lives while his official residence next door is in dire need of renovation. The guy drove all the way from northeastern Manitoba (a 25h+ drive), bringing along a couple of guns, ammunition, and lots of food, and rammed the gates around 6h30 in the morning, damaging his truck to the point where he had to abandon it. He then hid a little before being discovered by security, who talked to him for 1.5h and got him to surrender himself. No-one get injured, and anyway, PM and GG and their families were away at the time of the incident. (See here for full coverage.)

Why I'm writing this here: apparently, the guy's a conspiracy theorist, or became one during the COVID-19 crisis, and big on QAnon. Is this the second violent QAnon incident, after that pizza restaurant attack? It's gone pretty high-profile this time. Hope it's not a sign of things to come. (Also: thanks, America!)

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Why I'm writing this here: apparently, the guy's a conspiracy theorist, or became one during the COVID-19 crisis, and big on QAnon. Is this the second violent QAnon incident, after that pizza restaurant attack? It's gone pretty high-profile this time. Hope it's not a sign of things to come. (Also: thanks, America!)
pizzagate is incorporated into qanon, but preceded it, and the gunman in the restaurant happened before the 1st q post. as far as i know.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
You're giving PM Socks, who couldn't even win a temporary seat on the UN Security Council (nice one, Ireland ;)), and the crazy astronaut a lot of credit here.
Not a fan, I take it! :lol: But going for a national leader is arguably pretty high-profile, either way.
pizzagate is incorporated into qanon, but preceded it, and the gunman in the restaurant happened before the 1st q post. as far as i know.
Yeah, you're right, actually. That gunman was on 4 Dec 2016 and the first QAnon post on 28 Oct 2017. So I guess this dude might be the first for QAnon! (Although it remains to be clarified how much QAnon in particular really influenced him.)

arnie_ni

One of my best friends is the same. He follows Ben Shapiro, etc. and believes that George Soros and the communism international is behind all the evil in the world.
Whats the big deal with ben shapiro?

I see some of his Twitter posts every now and then and i sometimes agree, sometimes dont but i actually know nothing about him

arnie_ni

Im not totally clued into the pizzagate thing, but after the whole Epstein thing and his black book, im not sure something like that is so far fetched.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Wow, this isn’t satire or a massive troll. This twat is actually running for the seat as an Independent just north of West Palm Beach.
It’s shocking, how aggressively some of these idiots are broadcasting their allegiance to Q.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Whats the big deal with ben shapiro?

I see some of his Twitter posts every now and then and i sometimes agree, sometimes dont but i actually know nothing about him
A quick Google will display Shapiro well. Make sure you check out ‘Virgin gets owned by BBC.’

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
This is superb if you have some time: https://www.nytimes.com/column/rabbit-hole

Won't spoil the progression but QAnon features heavily.
It’s a great series. Here’s a podcast link if it helps anyone.

Apple Podcast
Binged this. Really enjoyed it. Although would have liked a more conclusive ending. Felt like they just ran out of things to say.

The one really interesting angle on QAnon that I’d never thought about before was the age profile of everyone who got caught up in it and how so many of them are basically lonely middle-aged conservatives, a bit broken by bad financial decisions.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Binged this. Really enjoyed it. Although would have liked a more conclusive ending. Felt like they just ran out of things to say.

The one really interesting angle on QAnon that I’d never thought about before was the age profile of everyone who got caught up in it and how so many of them are basically lonely middle-aged conservatives, a bit broken by bad financial decisions.
Without a doubt. This Qanon (how do you pronounce it ? ) has certainly found its market in the Republican boomer generation and hopefully it stays there or better yet dies out.

GiddyUp

These people like to blame everyone but themselves for their problems.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Im not totally clued into the pizzagate thing, but after the whole Epstein thing and his black book, im not sure something like that is so far fetched.
It is incredibly far fetched. One rich guy doing depraved shit, aided by some other rich friends, is not evidence of a worldwide globalist conspiracy to sell the Clintons child prostitutes in a pizza restaurant. And Qanon is even more far fetched than that. You'd have to be a truly massive conspiracy theorist to look up Qanon and come to the conclusion that it might be true. @Striker10 might be, I doubt you are.

arnie_ni

It is incredibly far fetched. One rich guy doing depraved shit, aided by some other rich friends, is not evidence of a worldwide globalist conspiracy to sell the Clintons child prostitutes in a pizza restaurant. And Qanon is even more far fetched than that. You'd have to be a truly massive conspiracy theorist to look up Qanon and come to the conclusion that it might be true. @Striker10 might be, I doubt you are.
I thought it was more along the lines of rich and powerful people share the same underage girls around each other which is basically the service Epstein appears to have offered.

nimic

something nice
Scout
I thought it was more along the lines of rich and powerful people share the same underage girls around each other which is basically the service Epstein appears to have offered.
Nah, it's a lot more conspiratorial than that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pizzagate_conspiracy_theory#Origins said:
On October 30, 2016, a Twitter account that posted white supremacist material and presented itself as run by a New York lawyer claimed that the New York City Police Department (NYPD) had discovered a pedophilia ring linked to members of the Democratic Party while searching through Anthony Weiner's emails.[12][3] Throughout October and November 2016, WikiLeaks had published John Podesta's emails. Proponents of the theory read the emails and alleged they contained code words for pedophilia and human trafficking.[2][13] Proponents also claimed that Comet Ping Pong was a meeting ground for Satanic ritual abuse.[14]
It's InfoWars-type stuff, and if something is on InfoWars it's pretty much a natural law of the Universe that it can't be correct.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Weirdest thing for me was how much content they probably collected, and how little was shared.

Would have happily listened to 2-3 hour deep dives on all of those episodes. They probably had the content to do so. Would have only cost editing time.

I appreciate the need for Webcontent to exist within certain time parameters. Feel they missed a trick by not having a dual purpose approach.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout

Probably the strangest thing was seeing people of that age participate in 4chan (and similar) with their famously weird, irony-drenched and self-referencing and quickly changing language. I'm never on those but I'd see the screenshots -some of them half-blending in, the regulars complaining, and sometimes open confusion. That entire culture doesn't go well with how seriously q take everything, so they got booted from /pol, but took over on (iirc) 8chan and became the most active part of it. Like with everything in life, the boomers beat the young ones.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Without a doubt. This Qanon (how do you pronounce it ? ) has certainly found its market in the Republican boomer generation and hopefully it stays there or better yet dies out.
'Q-Anon', apparently. (It's someone called Q who remains anonymous.)