Queen Elizabeth II | 1926-2022 | Rest in Peace

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Elizabeth Alexandra Mary to Purgatory FC, here we go confirmed! Full agreement, permanent transfer with NO buy-back clause.

Lizzy wanted to stay until last minute but final offer with the Devil too good to turn down.

Buckingham will pay transfer costs with help from tax payer lever.
:lol: :lol: ffs

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
An interesting fact just now on the BBC - the Queen has had 15 Prime Ministers during her reign, the first being Churchill who was born in 1874!
It's fitting then that the last PM of her reign is every bit as great as Churchill himself was.

Longshanks

If she's passes away before this weekend I would imagine all this weekends fixtures professional and amateur in the UK will be postponed out of respect.

I would imagine that would be it though, they will find room in the schedule somewhere for the postponed fixtures.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
An interesting fact just now on the BBC - the Queen has had 15 Prime Ministers during her reign, the first being Churchill who was born in 1874!
To be fair, my nephew is 3 years old and has already had 3 prime ministers.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
If she's passes away before this weekend I would imagine all this weekends fixtures professional and amateur in the UK will be postponed out of respect.

I would imagine that would be it though, they will find room in the schedule somewhere for the postponed fixtures.
I heard that they won't be postponed and will instead all be set to results of 1-3 as a mark of respect to Prince Andrew.

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
What happens to all British currency when she dies? Does it all need binning and reprinting?
No, before we went decimal we had currency with George VI's image on it, even Edward VII pennies if I recall (I remember old pennies, the big ones). All modern currency has the Queen's head because all the coins were changed after decimalisation. There was a time when we still had old currency in the system, such as florins (worth 2 old shillings) being worth 10 new pence.

edit - all new currency will have Charles's image, of course.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Feck me I'm watching sky and the way that they are talking about arrival's reminds me about deadline day on Sky Sports.
we just need a reporter and some kids with a big floppy dildo now.

EDIT - of age adults. :nervous:

Santos J

Gone a bit quiet after "preparing" for what feels like forever, are all monarchies this slow at getting things over the line or just us?

Dan_F

She's gone already imo.

RIP I always respected her service.
My Brother in law told me it’s being announced at 6pm, he works in the Air Force. Although he could have just read something online, I couldn’t even be bothered to ask where he got the information from.

The only reason I think not is that it would have had to been quite sudden. Obviously that’s not uncommon, but you’d have thought a team of doctors would be able to detect the slightest change in order to get the family up there quicker.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
From what I am reading half of it sounds like a joke

"London bridge is down"
12 days of mourning?
No BBC for 12 days?
Suspending comedy?
Possible closing stock market for days costing billions?

Wild.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain

Fabrizio Romano
@FabrizioRomano

Queen Elizabeth II has agreed terms with her maker. Here we go. Free transfer, no fees. Prince Charles to take charge of first team training from Monday morning. #RIP #HRH
State of this ffs. The amount of posters here mocking the death (or eventual) of a 96 year old woman has suprised me. Dislike the monarchy all you like but she's not exactly Jimmy Saville. Have some fecking respect.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
My Brother in law told me it’s being announced at 6pm, he works in the Air Force. Although he could have just read something online, I couldn’t even be bothered to ask where he got the information from.

The only reason I think not is that it would have had to been quite sudden. Obviously that’s not uncommon, but you’d have thought a team of doctors would be able to detect the slightest change in order to get the family up there quicker.
6pm is what the BBC said for suspending all programmes that's when the announcement will be imo

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Damnit this sucks, so close to my birthday, I can't afford two celebratory cakes and drinks within a month.

Bleiben Sie aus dem Licht Izzy.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Much like Diana overshadowed the death of Mother Teresa, the Queen's death is going to overshadow the appointment of Graham Potter to Chelsea. Poetic.

Telsim

Ah, once this is done we can finally move onto the alien invasion episode.