Race for top 4 | Finito.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It shows how pony Liverpool have been this season that we can lose 2 in a row, and still lose another one and make top 4.

Let's not test that last line though, as otherwise Brighton might get interested too.

Wolves at home would be a game you handpick.
A week's rest too, means utterly no excuses.

Witchking

We play four teams with literally nothing to play for. Bournemouth are pretty much safe. Liverpool play away to a battling Leicester, we could be in the clear after next weekend.
Liverpool are in red mist form, beating anything in front of them knowing they have a great chance now.
Leicester, Southampton won't do any damage. Villa probably could give them a game but it is at Anfield so no scope there.
Hoping Liverpool think like United does and takes the villa game for granted.
But we have to think that they will get to 71. We need 72 and hope Brighton screw up.
So need 9 from 12 points to get a decent chance at top 4.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
I feel we can win the next two. There was hysteria when we dropped to 5th after the Newcastle game but I always saw the two very winnable games that followed. Same here.

Realist08

It is still in our hands, we know. But it’s the approach to securing it that’s concerning.
We should have been home and dry instead of hobbling over the finish line.
We can’t afford to drop any more points now, it kills confidence at the most crucial time.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
If we'd been unlucky to lose the last two and shown some fight in either game then I'd be more confident.

As it is, I'm not even sure we beat wolves now. Chelsea game is a draw all day long. All 4th is probably not going to happen on the form were showing. Unforgivable really

Dominos

We play four teams with literally nothing to play for. Bournemouth are pretty much safe. Liverpool play away to a battling Leicester, we could be in the clear after next weekend.
Another little thing in our favour is we play before them next weekend which is rare. We play Saturday so they should be 4 points behind by the time they play Leicester on Monday.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Another little thing in our favour is we play before them next weekend which is rare. We play Saturday so they should be 4 points behind by the time they play Leicester on Monday.
Also for Leicester they might know a result would be huge for their survival.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
It shows how pony Liverpool have been this season that we can lose 2 in a row, and still lose another one and make top 4.

Let's not test that last line though, as otherwise Brighton might get interested too.

Wolves at home would be a game you handpick.
A week's rest too, means utterly no excuses.
That is true. Liverpool have played at their absolute worst except for some famous blowouts along the way and united have pushed themselves to their best limit and there is a 1 point difference. Good observation

Witchking

Yeah, but they played yesterday and would get 8 days rest to recharge. Knowing that they are close to top 4, they will be on top of their game. We cannot afford to lose or draw anymore.

Dominos

Leicester with their defence? My faith is in Villa
Villa's purple patch seems to have come to an end.

Liverpool's weakness has been away from home

I think Liverpool will win all their games, but I probably have more hope for the Leicester game than I do for Villa.

Marcus

It's ok. We finally have a rest for 1 week. Should help with sharpness. Also, more shooting practice please.

C'est Moi Cantona

4 games, 3 at home, all against teams with nothing to play for who will have one eye on their holidays, what could possibly go wrong...

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Home games are all must wins now. And one of them is Chelsea. Nervy end to the season now.

De Gea:mad:

BorisManUtd

Said I’d be happy with two draws from these two games we lost and it would’ve been useful points. Shaw handball in 95th, De Gea’s howler make it 0 points. With 2 we would have needed 7 more points from 12, could afford a draw at Bournemouth and in one home game. This way it’s at least 3 wins needed and makes it difficult now.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Said I’d be happy with two draws from these two games we lost and it would’ve been useful points. Shaw handball in 95th, De Gea’s howler make it 0 points. With 2 we would have needed 7 more points from 12, could afford a draw at Bournemouth and in one home game. This way it’s at least 3 wins needed and makes it difficult now.
Said the same. Even 1 draw would have made it a lot more comfortable.

Cathy Ferguson

The writing was on the wall when we got Wout in January. Imagine Real or Bayern being in this position. We are a shambles. New owners can't arrive soon enough.

DownRiver

Fixtures really are taking its toll. I do think this contributes to the lack of goal scoring as people are less sharp. Further more, two mistakes cost us the last two games. Again, it is taking its toll.

I hope the week off refreshes us. Then again, Rashford had been poor ever since the international break which he was on holiday.

chris123

Liverpool are in red mist form, beating anything in front of them knowing they have a great chance now.
Leicester, Southampton won't do any damage. Villa probably could give them a game but it is at Anfield so no scope there.
But we have to think that they will get to 71. We need 72 and hope Brighton screw up.
I mean sure they've gone on a bit of a winning streak but I really don't think Liverpool have looked like their old selves in any of their wins and tbh, I'd expect them to come back down to earth with one of these coming up.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
We.will draw one of the home games. Probably a 0-0 or 1-1 against Chelsea. We don't have enough goals in us. I don't blame Ten Hag, same old players letting us down on huge wages and was given Wout in January. If Liverpool had both Diaz and Jota fit for the year they'd have comfortably got fourth.

Offside

Home games are all must wins now. And one of them is Chelsea. Nervy end to the season now.

De Gea:mad:
Praying we get a win at Bournemouth. That would be a huge step. Can’t believe our away form these past two months though.

always_hoping

I mean sure they've gone on a bit of a winning streak but I really don't think Liverpool have looked like their old selves in any of their wins and tbh, I'd expect them to come back down to earth with one of these coming up.
They are more like their old selves already, even title winning campaign a few seasons ago i lost count to the amount of lucky narrow victories they got. And they'll do enough to win their remaining games.

Woziak

First time I’ve ever turned a game over before it’s finished, if I didnt I would smash my TV up, what an absolute bunch of cowards., this club need a purge starting with those fecking vile leeches the Glazers, followed by 75% of these frauds playing for us.
Listen nearly every true united Fan felt the same way tonight and the Glazers if they have one ounce of integrity they should accept a bid and announce it before next week.

Woziak

They are more like their old selves already, even title winning campaign a few seasons ago i lost count to the amount of lucky narrow victories they got. And they'll do enough to win their remaining games.
I’ve been saying for 3 months they were going to produce a run why, because they have six very good attacking options for 3 spaces and all of them are capable of scoring goals either from the start or from the bench, we have 1 and he’s fading at the wrong time, our only chance now is if super Garnaucho can save us ?

Woziak

9 points would get us top 4

Offside

We couldn’t really ask for 4 better fixture to be quite honest. Teams in the bottom half of the league but safe from relegation, mostly at OT.

James35

I’m fairly convinced we are not getting top 4 even before the Brighton game. This squad is full of bottlers and I can see us dropping a fair few points more, even at home. That’s what, 14 points from 30 since cup win? Shocking form at the business end of the season and our lack of scoring, which has been rubbish the whole season is catching up with us.

A shame really, what looked like a real turnaround is ending the same as last season. Fuming.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I have got to the point where I am at peace with what has happened this season.

I had my meltdown after Spurs. No point in going through the boom and bust cycle every weekend. If don't make the top four, it'll simply be because we didn't have what it took.

Simple really. You can find all sorts of reasons. You can throw around all sorts of blame. However, the table will tell it's own story come June.

GazTheLegend

One of Brighton's games is against Newcastle (the other two being Man City and Arsenal) so if they get maximum points and we do as well, we go ahead of Newcastle in that scenario. They won't get mad points out of City and Arsenal though.

We won't get maximum now either. It's unbelievable to me how much I despise West Ham football club and their fans. They need to go down

Mike Smalling

We have a team full of losers, so I'm convinced we will lose out on top four. And unfortunately ETH is not helping with some of his decisions.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts

Fixtures really are taking its toll. I do think this contributes to the lack of goal scoring as people are less sharp. Further more, two mistakes cost us the last two games. Again, it is taking its toll.

I hope the week off refreshes us. Then again, Rashford had been poor ever since the international break which he was on holiday.
Has nothing to do with match congestion. This team can't score for shit. Last season we had more goals after 10, 20 and 30 rounds. And it was supposed to be a shit season.

the_box

Supports
Newcastle United
IMO both newcastle and Man Utd are still very likely for top 4 even after both of our respective bad days at the office. Pessimism is easy to get swept up in.

always_hoping

Hilarious that Liverpool are in with even a shout.
They'll finish up with 71 points and point totals for the 4th placed team the last 4 seasons.

2021/22 - 71
2020/21 - 67
2019/20 - 66
2018/19 - 71

I’ve been saying for 3 months they were going to produce a run why, because they have six very good attacking options for 3 spaces and all of them are capable of scoring goals either from the start or from the bench, we have 1 and he’s fading at the wrong time, our only chance now is if super Garnaucho can save us ?
It's the home form holding up that could save United and it's the main reason why United are in top 4 race at all. With the pressure on I can't say with any certainty that Wolves,Chelsea and Fulham will be all beaten.