Race for top 4 | Finito.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
If you offered Liverpool or Chelsea the title, I think they'll take it.

Yakuza_devils

Top 4 is done. We should only be looking up the table. We should aim for 2nd place. And if Arsenal implode we may have a slight chance for the title. You never know. (I know our chances are super slim, almost a miracle if we won the league)

brian017

Top 4 is done. We should only be looking up the table. We should aim for 2nd place. And if Arsenal implode we may have a slight chance for the title. You never know. (I know our chances are super slim, almost a miracle if we won the league)
Our slim chances ended with Casemiro's booking and that late free kick for me. That was a sickening double whammy so late in the game

Woziak

What are you going on about?
Yes we can easily, sell Mctominay(30M), Maguire (35M) in the summer and maybe get £20m for Pellistri and Ellanga combined. New owners, especially ones who have just shelled out £5-6bn are not going to accept mediocrity in any facet of the business, especially the playing staff.

If we get top 4 and probably need another 35 points to absolutely guarantee that then we can easily sell players mentioned for £70-80m add £200m ear heat from new owners and you have a £270-280m budget, we will do what Chelsea did, put younger players on 6 and 7 years contracts to amortise the budget and get round FFP.

If the club can’t buy an elite number 9, two midfield players and a young quick Centre back with £270m then we need to sack Murtourgh and Fletcher, ironically they might be the first out of the door!

Woziak

Top 4 is not done but we are in an incredibly strong position even if we imploded and finished second half P19 W9 D5 L5 PTs 32 in the season we would finish on 71 points

Spurs would need 39 points from 18 , Liverpool 43 points from 19 games and Chelsea 43 points from 18 games however if Brighton continue at their rate they would need 41 from 20 as they have a superior GF. If united win 4 out of the next 6 I’d say top 4 is done

Last edited:

Yakuza_devils

Our slim chances ended with Casemiro's booking and that late free kick for me. That was a sickening double whammy so late in the game
I hope we beat Arsenal this Sunday and hope their confidence will take a knock to derail them. Confidence is a strange thing in football. I remember we ended Arsenal's invisible run and after the game they were never the same again.

Yakuza_devils

Top 4 is not done but we are in an incredibly strong position as if we imploded and P19 W9 D5 L5 PTs 32 in the second half we would finish on 71 points

Spurs would need 39 points from 18 , Liverpool 43 points from 19 games and Chelsea 43 points from 18 games however if Brighton continue at their rate they would need 41 from 20 as they have a superior GF. If united win 4 out of the next 6 I’d say top 4 is done
We are far more consistent than the teams you listed. Against Palace we should have won comfortably. Everything went against us in the game. It was one of those days.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Our biggest issue now is not getting enough goals. We put ourselves in good positions, and more often than not we come away with the result, but as we saw against Palace we're solely lacking in this area and its going to be the case throughout the reminder of the season. I think results similar to Palace will become more familiar.

And If Rashford hits a dry patch ? oh boy.
So top 4 is certainly not done.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
It's nowhere near done. The fixture list from now until February 26th is ripe for catastrophe with the toll fatigue and injuries is going to take.

cyberman

It's nowhere near done. The fixture list from now until February 26th is ripe for catastrophe with the toll fatigue and injuries is going to take.
It’s done. The teams below us are more likely to drop points in these games than we are.
Unless a total collapse is possible then I can’t see where the worry comes from.

croadyman

It's easy to forget how many points you can throw away when going for top 4.

If we can get something from tomorrow, who knows how high up we can finish.
But either way, things are developing nicely.
Need a point tomorrow then beat Palace and Leeds (if it happens) back to back

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
We will have more than a 10 point gap to 5th, even with a loss tomorrow

Judas

Open to offers
We’re half way through, we’re in a solid position clearly, but it’s not done and it’s very premature to say it is. So much football left to play, but obviously I’d rather be in our position than our rivals for these top 4 slots. but the chasing pack look very average, apart from Brighton.

r0663664

Worships Man City
If we beat Arsenal, I think top 4 is nail on. Liverpool, Spurs and Chelsea has issues. I doubt they can beat us even at their home turf if Casemiro doesn't miss any games.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Thought so too. And I am sure City will push too they are better than their current form. 2nd place would not be bad considering all things

croadyman

Draw tomorrow and a couple of home wins before they play City gives us "tiny hope"

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
We will have more than a 10 point gap to 5th, even with a loss tomorrow
Which is incredible!
Was looking at the live table just now and to be 10 pts clear of liverpool, Chelsea, etc at this stage…
No one really expected that at the start of the season, especially 2 games in.
Still, quite a way to go but the optimism is off the charts at the moment :)

Kingofwinners

Good day today - watched Chelsea pool and Newcastle, can’t remember enjoying 3 hours and no goals this much before

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
All our top 4 rivals have dropped points since we did at Palace now, if you have already pencilled in Arsenal and City.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Good to see Palace found form not just for our game but for others as well. Need to put them to the sword at OT though.

We’re half way through, we’re in a solid position clearly, but it’s not done and it’s very premature to say it is. So much football left to play, but obviously I’d rather be in our position than our rivals for these top 4 slots. but the chasing pack look very average, apart from Brighton.
Eh? We're 6 points clear of Spuds with a game in hand. We lose tomorrow and we can only be 3 ahead.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Good to see Palace found form not just for our game but for others as well. Need to put them to the sword at OT though.

Eh? We're 6 points clear of Spuds with a game in hand. We lose tomorrow and we can only be 3 ahead.
We have a game in hand on Spurs

Judas

Open to offers

Spurs are fecking shit. I'm not even remotely worried about them. A toilet of a team.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Meh. Move this to the football forum. Top 4 is done and dusted for us. Time to look upwards. You drama queens need to get a grip.

JustKatie

Insane people think top 4 is done and dusted especially when you look at our fixtures for March and April.

We're in a strong position but there are some folks who still think we have a chance at winning the league but not dropping points to fall out of the top four.

Djemba-Djemba

Insane people think top 4 is done and dusted especially when you look at our fixtures for March and April.

We're in a strong position but there are some folks who still think we have a chance at winning the league but not dropping points to fall out of the top four.
They're not that bad are they?

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
Top 4 will be won not by how prolific we are in front of goal but how difficult we are to beat now. We need reinforcements in the summer

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.

It's nowhere near done. We're in a decent position but our performances away from home and lack of goals in general will make it closer than people think.

SuperiorXI

The top four is done, the way it is now isn't changing

Just depends what order it's in. Newcastle getting Champions League football in their first full season under new ownership just tells you how shit the rest are behind. They haven't even went out and bought proper players yet to blend into their system
That's because they already have the players that fit their shithouse tactics to a tee.

Leftback99

Just 5 wins from 11 away from home with some of the hardest tests to come is a concern.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Unbeaten run over. 4th and a cup is the best we can hope for.

BorisManUtd

6 points more than Spurs, 8 more than Brighton and Fulham (Brighton have played 1 game less), 10 more than Liverpool and Chelsea (Liverpool have played 1 game less).

We're in a good position, could've been even in better if not conceding late at Palace and Arsenal but it is what it is.

Just 5 wins from 11 away from home with some of the hardest tests to come is a concern.
That is a concern but we're in a solid position atm. Play as we have so far and top 4 should be done without problems.

cyberman

What hardest tests? Away to Etihad? Brentford? Emirates? Stamford Bridge?
I could be wrong but all the way down to the 14th spot we have played 8 out of 13 (minus us) away from home!
You keep making stuff up to be concerned about!

Leftback99

I could be wrong but all the way down to the 14th spot we have played 8 out of 13 (minus us) away from home!
Liverpool, Newcastle, Brighton, Spurs, West Ham, Leeds. But yeah, just making stuff up.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Yep the women are out in force aren't they, our first defeat in months and suddenly there's a collapse in the making?:houllier:

Fecking pussies