Race for top 4 | Finito.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I don’t get the fear over Newcastle. They have Chris Wood up top ffs. I think they will be miles away by the season end.
Based on performances! Their play has been very sustainable and built on the best defence in the league, and they've performed much better than spurs or Chelsea

JuriM

I don’t get the fear over Newcastle. They have Chris Wood up top ffs. I think they will be miles away by the season end.
And on "the bench" waiting they have Wilson & Isak. Which is better what Man Utd or Chelsea have atm.

RuudTom83

It will be very tight, and I don't think it should be seen as a massive failure for whoever doesn't make Top 4, the top clubs are all very equally matched this season. City as champions are the ones to keep pace with and only Arsenal are seemingly playing without any pressure at the moment.

But its not even half way yet, still a 2-3 rounds of games to go.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
And on "the bench" waiting they have Wilson & Isak. Which is better what Man Utd or Chelsea have atm.
That’s literally the only position that’s better and on form Martial is better than either anyway.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Looking even better than win yesterday. 2 point clear of 5th now with a game in hand

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
People keep saying this, forgetting they have Wilson and a 70m Isak out at the moment.
They've got a super tight defence and exceptional time wasting abilities and can't be overlooked.

You feel we need to get ahead of them though as Liverpool will definitely get top 4.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
We've got City and Arsenal ourselves after the Bournemouth match. We're on a good run at the moment but our aim has got to be keeping Liverpool at bay and getting ahead of Spurs and Newcastle for now.

As much as I'd enjoy an Arsenal capitulation, we aren't really in striking distance unless they have a complete meltdown.
Exactly this post to the letter.

r0663664

Worships Man City
I think Tottenham and Chelsea are out of the running. Tottenham is really bad team with Son producing nothing, Chelsea is still not cohesive. Liverpool will be charging up the table. I hope we finish above one of them to be guarantee top 4. Need to beat them both away will be difficult. Hopefully, I can sell some players to strengthen the squad.

JeffFromHK

people who claim they don't fear Newcastle shouldn't have watched much of them this season. Newcastle really plays like a top team in most games.

RedIan

its been a great weekend. City and Newcastle dropping points and spurs beaten at home. Meanwhile we win away at wolves. Great to be enjoying it again under ETH.

charlenefan

people who claim they don't fear Newcastle shouldn't have watched much of them this season. Newcastle really plays like a top team in most games.
They play like time wasting shit houses

SinNombre

If we don't have injuries, we will comfortably finish top-4. The main issue is that the Glazers have left no slack for ETH especially in the attack.

Just to put it in context, we have more points than City once you take out those garbage first 2 matches when ETH was still trying to buy new players and figure out who to keep.

First 2 games :
City : 6 points, +6 GD
United : 0 points, -5 GD

Last 14 :
City : 30 points, +22 GD
United : 32 points, +9 GD

Gurtej

I think Newcastle will have its down phase in 2nd Half when others teams have played them once to know what they are about…. They had a surprise factor to them and credit to them for talking it….

For Liverpool, teams need to exploit that midfield, they are there for the taking every single match I have watched them…

If Chelsea drop points today, I think it will be difficult for them to turn around even if they buy new players as it’s difficult to gel them quickly….

for us, either we need another CF or need to get very lucky with injuries to our forward line….

Barthez

Lego Pep’s Arsenal
City
Us
Liverpool

thats my prediction

Kopral Jono

The way things are going I'm confident we'll make the top four, but I'll be even more confident if we add a reinforcement up front this transfer window.

prateik

City are finishing in the top 2.. Same for Arse.. Dont care about their results anymore.

Newcastle, Chelsea, Liverpool are our biggest threats I think.. all 3 are looking to spend to strengthen as well.. Spurs are probably skinter than us.
Need to finish above 2 of those 3.. Could do with them dropping some points.

Josh 76

The top 4 will become clearer by the end of Jan, too early to tell yet what will happen.
More like end of March.
This league is too unpredictable. Last season Arsenal blew it with a few games to go.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
All hinges on us getting a goal scorer in the window.

And not losing at Anfield.
First time in years that we can go there with a degree of hope and confidence

Thiagoal

Newcastle’s team is mid table at best (take away Bruno). They have massively over performed so far and will surely start dropping off soon.

Spurs just look demotivated and lethargic. They don’t look like a top 6 side never mind top 4.

The teams to fear are Liverpool and Chelsea who will spend another boat load in January and get better as the season progresses.

All those teams will fear us though and if we can pull a striker out of the bag in January I’d say we are favourites(taking Arsenal and City out of the equation)

Nicolarra90

I think Tottenham and Chelsea are out of the running. Tottenham is really bad team with Son producing nothing, Chelsea is still not cohesive. Liverpool will be charging up the table. I hope we finish above one of them to be guarantee top 4. Need to beat them both away will be difficult. Hopefully, I can sell some players to strengthen the squad.
If we do that we'll win the league.

charlenefan

We're definitely not signing a striker of note this month so question is can we do it with the players we have right now, I think we can as long as we don't get injuries to key players

BorisManUtd

Arsenal and City top 2. I hope we sign a striker this month to improve our chances.

the_cliff

Even without any signings I reckon we finish top 4.

Newcastle will drop off and should be fairly comfortable for us.

I see a United Arsenal City Liverpool top 4 (In no order obv)

norm87cro

If anybody thinks Arsenal are winning it they are just mad...
Its a bottle job waiting to happen. We are 3rd or 4th this season and that is ok I guess...

BorisManUtd

Its a bottle job waiting to happen. We are 3rd or 4th this season and that is ok I guess...
I'd say the same if it was Arsenal in Wenger's late era. But this Arsenal side won all but 2 of their league games, City aren't looking that great this season and other teams our too far away.

charlenefan

They've dropped 4 points all season and are now 7 clear, it could be Leicester all over again

AneRu

We are in control but we need to sign a striker or give a chance to one of the reserve boys, just take a chance we might get a Macheda to propel us for a few weeks at least, because our situation is really desperate.

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
City and Arsenal should get in.

I would more or less rule out Tottenham for top 4. They have been awful all year except like what the first game? Conte’s style just can’t compete with the possession focused teams

Honestly, I think the only way for Liverpool to get top 4 if the schedule gets to all teams and a lower pts total than usual get you into the top 4. They just like like a sieve defensively. While they as a team are really good at creating high danger chances, a team with the amount of breakdowns they have shouldn’t finish top 4.

Newcastle scares me. They have a deeper squad — for the football they play — than what perhaps is expected and they have a lot of guys in excellent physical form who just manage to wear teams down. Should it be enough? No. And ‘normally’ teams like this just falls off a cliff at one point or another. But if everyone else are tired, perhaps a team like this will get a higher pay off? I’ve seen most of their games this year. They have not walked away with many points they didn’t clearly deserved. Like Arsenal got a bunch of pts they don’t deserved, but with Newcastle it’s almost the opposite. I like to think that we could rule them out, but would want to wait a month or so before doing that.

The team I am basically the most afraid of is Chelsea. Sure, they are one team without Reece James and another with him. Now he is hurt again, for how long? Didn’t look great. But I just think they will be too strong.

Lastly, I wouldn’t rule out Brighton. They don’t play in Europe. Caicedo-Mac Allister at CM. They definitely have some depth. Mitoma. They couldn’t score for a long time after Potter left. Brighton’s avg possession this season is 57.1%, that’s high. They dominate most games they play. I would at least not give them much smaller chances than Tottenham.

I think it will be:
1. City
2. Arsenal
3. United
4. Newcastle
5. Chelsea
6. Brighton
7. Liverpool
8. Tottenham

Questions? ;)

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
Nice post but can't see Chelsea finishing fifth even with all the signings they're attempting to make. I'd personally put them closer to 7th/8th
Ok, as along as Liverpool with Bellingham gets the Conference League spot.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Nice post but can't see Chelsea finishing fifth even with all the signings they're attempting to make. I'd personally put them closer to 7th/8th
I'd place Liverpool at 4 and move everyone else down 1 and switch Spurs and Brighton

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I'd place Liverpool at 4 and move everyone else down 1 and switch Spurs and Brighton
5. Liverpool
6. Tottenham Hotspur
7. Chelsea
8. Brighton/Fulham

for me unless Liverpool sign a decent midfielder this window or Gakpo steps up massively to make those shortcomings irrelevant.

Devil81

Bound to drop away now I've added three of their main players into my fantasy team.

Joking aside I'd agree I think they will drop away but I'd like to see what business they do in this window before being 100% certain of it.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
City and Arsenal should get in.

I would more or less rule out Tottenham for top 4. They have been awful all year except like what the first game? Conte’s style just can’t compete with the possession focused teams

Honestly, I think the only way for Liverpool to get top 4 if the schedule gets to all teams and a lower pts total than usual get you into the top 4. They just like like a sieve defensively. While they as a team are really good at creating high danger chances, a team with the amount of breakdowns they have shouldn’t finish top 4.

Newcastle scares me. They have a deeper squad — for the football they play — than what perhaps is expected and they have a lot of guys in excellent physical form who just manage to wear teams down. Should it be enough? No. And ‘normally’ teams like this just falls off a cliff at one point or another. But if everyone else are tired, perhaps a team like this will get a higher pay off? I’ve seen most of their games this year. They have not walked away with many points they didn’t clearly deserved. Like Arsenal got a bunch of pts they don’t deserved, but with Newcastle it’s almost the opposite. I like to think that we could rule them out, but would want to wait a month or so before doing that.

The team I am basically the most afraid of is Chelsea. Sure, they are one team without Reece James and another with him. Now he is hurt again, for how long? Didn’t look great. But I just think they will be too strong.

Lastly, I wouldn’t rule out Brighton. They don’t play in Europe. Caicedo-Mac Allister at CM. They definitely have some depth. Mitoma. They couldn’t score for a long time after Potter left. Brighton’s avg possession this season is 57.1%, that’s high. They dominate most games they play. I would at least not give them much smaller chances than Tottenham.

I think it will be:
1. City
2. Arsenal
3. United
4. Newcastle
5. Chelsea
6. Brighton
7. Liverpool
8. Tottenham

Questions? ;)
Hm, agree with some but I would definitely put Liverpool top 4 after the winter window and given the coming schedule. It'll be between us and Newcastle for the 4th spot because of the tough schedule we'll have and their relatively easy one.

My list would be:
1. Arsenal
2. City
3. Liverpool
4. Newcastle
5. United
6. Tottenham
7. Chelsea
8. Brighton

Mike Smalling

We should expect some results going against us, because we still don't have the firepower to make things comfortable in games. Some of these 1-0's could be 1-1's or 0-1's with a bit of bad luck. If we get fourth I think it will be close. If we invest in a good striker, we would have a great chance.

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen
Chelsea looking like us under Van Gaal. They are going nowhere near top 4 if they play like this. Pool are the only chasing team I worry about. Maybe if Boehly spends another billion, they might have a chance.