Race for top 4 | Finito.

cyberman

Makes you look pretty stupid though when you're poking fun and dismissing the people who could see us collapsing like this.
No, posters have been saying we could go on a bad run and win every other game or so and still get in.

Garnacho's Shoelaces

In the interests of balanced broadcasting, SkySports should be compelled to show beheading videos from Saudi Arabia so viewers have an informed understanding of what they're watching by supporting the sport washing of a murderous regime where it's impossible to get a fair trial.

Dan_F

I can’t really see why everyone is panicking. We couldn’t ask for a better set of fixtures to finish. If we don’t either finish in the top four or win the Europa, then we’re a lot shitter than we all though and don’t deserve it anyway.

Ten Hag needs to get a lot a lot more out of this group of players. No excuse for tiredness today.

TopDog

Supports
Bolton
Having watched quite a few Man Utd games this season, I always felt that if Rashfords purple patch came to an end they would be in trouble. Very often dominated only for him to do something amazing out of nothing.

Brentford next and I would favour them. Fortunately for you, the biggest competition is spurs and they are also just as likely to be useless.

Siorac

So who’s the two teams that’s going to overtake us if we’re going on form?
Newcastle and probably Tottenham - the two sides that have nothing else to play for, don't have to worry about cups and fixture congestion.

wangyu

If it wasn’t for Sevilla and Juve I’d set all my hopes on the Europa League but that hurdle also seems very hard to take.
In the end it always comes down to quality and utd simply doesn’t have enough of it. Still there has been progress especially in terms of camaraderie and also in football generally

cyberman

Well Newcastle have overtaken us into 3rd. The other team is probably Spurs if the players rally now that Conte is gone.

It's still within our control and we should get it but we are in dire form right now.
But there’s two spots up for grabs and the team below us just sacked their manager.
Everybody bar Newcastle are in bad form

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Spurs if they get a bounce after Conte leaving. Both them and Newcastle only have league games left.

Spurs with Kane have a great chance plus they will probably beat us at their place.

Infra-red

Well, every other team in the top 9 (Arsenal, City, Newcastle, Spurs, Brighton, Brentford, Liverpool, Villa) has taken more points than us across the last six games, so unless our form improves, we're certainly risking at least 4 of them finishing ahead of us.

United are 11th in the form table across the last six games.

Silverman

The negativity here is ridiculous. I'm still super confident. The two games we lost recently were Liverpool at Anfield and now Newcastle at St James'. Two notoriously difficult grounds to go to. Get Casemiro and Eriksen back and we'll comfortably finish in top 4.

thegregster

The negativity here is ridiculous. I'm still super confident. The two games we lost recently were Liverpool at Anfield and now Newcastle at St James'. Two notoriously difficult grounds to go to. Get Casemiro and Eriksen back and we'll comfortably finish in top 4.
We wont have them back for the next two games. Can't see us winning either of them. The players have given up.

cyberman

Newcastle and probably Tottenham - the two sides that have nothing else to play for, don't have to worry about cups and fixture congestion.
if you’re going on form how can you pick a team who has no manager?
Even then Spurs play Brighton in 2 games and Newcastle soon after. Fixture list alone gives us more breathing room than it looks right now.
It’s all about the home games, hard for two teams to match that now

cyberman

Well, every other team in the top 9 (Arsenal, City, Newcastle, Spurs, Brighton, Brentford, Liverpool, Villa) has taken more points than us across the last six games, so unless our form improves, we're certainly risking at least 4 of them finishing ahead of us.
By 1 or 2 points from what I see.
literally keep that up and we have top 4!

Telsim

Missing out on the CL and the Glazers staying will mean we are completely fecked in the summer. The only thing we will be able to transfer then is Weghorst and a bag of chips. And I'm not sure which one will be the better transfer.

Dan_F

If it wasn’t for Sevilla and Juve I’d set all my hopes on the Europa League but that hurdle also seems very hard to take.
In the end it always comes down to quality and utd simply doesn’t have enough of it. Still there has been progress especially in terms of camaraderie and also in football generally
If we’re worrying about Sevilla then we’ve got bigger problems than top four :lol:

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
But there’s two spots up for grabs and the team below us just sacked their manager.
Everybody bar Newcastle are in bad form
Well you asked which teams could take it and I said Newcastle and Spurs, the latter only if they get the new manager bounce. We definitely need to beat Brentford and Everton and I think that should be us fine for the most part.

Cathy Ferguson

Luckily we have a second chance to qualify via the EL.

Our form in the PL is just terrible and being without Casemiro and Eriksen in two winnable home games is a real bummer. Confidence is very low. Can are us getting 1 point against Brentford and Everton.

cyberman

Well you asked which teams could take it and I said Newcastle and Spurs, the latter only if they get the new manager bounce. We definitely need to beat Brentford and Everton and I think that should be us fine for the most part.
Yeah but there’s no reason why Spurs should overtake us. Technically every team below us could but they won’t.
Spurs only have 9 games left after tomorrow. I don’t even think they’ll get European football of any kind

thegregster

Yeah but there’s no reason why Spurs should overtake us. Technically every team below us could but they won’t.
Spurs only have 9 games left after tomorrow. I don’t even think they’ll get European football of any kind
We have to play them away. If we lose that we are in real trouble.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Looking at the remaining fixtures, I still find it hard to see how we don’t finish top 4. But we’re in that stage now where I don’t feel confident of us beating anyone. We need players back.

always_hoping

With a group of players running on empty my main hope of finishing top 4 now is that the home form holds up. That draw at home to Southampton looking all the more damaging now.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
We should probably win the next 3 which would give us good cushion. We are definitely losing at Spurs and Brighton so it’d be nice to extend the lead before we go there.

Roboc7

I can’t really see why everyone is panicking. We couldn’t ask for a better set of fixtures to finish. If we don’t either finish in the top four or win the Europa, then we’re a lot shitter than we all though and don’t deserve it anyway.

Ten Hag needs to get a lot a lot more out of this group of players. No excuse for tiredness today.
I think the panic is because we look dreadful, way we are playing means all of those fixtures are much tougher than look on paper.

We’re going to drop a lot points between now and the end of the season, especially away from home.

Man-United

We should probably win the next 3 which would give us good cushion. We are definitely losing at Spurs and Brighton so it’d be nice to extend the lead before we go there.
That doesn't happen often so doubt it.

wangyu

If we’re worrying about Sevilla then we’ve got bigger problems than top four :lol:
We should worry about them, they’re Spaniards and serial winners in Europe, even now when they have a below par season.

Remember the geese

Our keeper is pathetic. Dalot has been dreadful since the World Cup. The midfield is awful without Casemiro and we haven't got a forward in any kind of form. Not optimistic.

Irwin99

Not massively worried but our attack has to improve big time. Hopefully our home form should see us through :nervous:

Betson

Top 4 is now a dog fight and these Utd players are not the type of players you want in a dog fight.

Just hoping Spurs will be Spurs and mess up.

But if Liverpool were somehow get a run going I can see them catching us as I think we will cave under the pressure of a tight finish.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I think we were something like 16/1 to finish outside top 4 at one point. Only 5/2 now.

I think we're done. The legs aren't there and Casemiro's idiotic suspensions has cost us. Newcastle and Spurs get a weeks rest every week. We're playing every 3/4 days.

Dan_F

I think the panic is because we look dreadful, way we are playing means all of those fixtures are much tougher than look on paper.

We’re going to drop a lot points between now and the end of the season, especially away from home.
Spurs will too. It’s the same every season for the top four. I didn’t see this dip coming, but I also didn’t see us spending a game with 10 men and then four games without Casemiro.

Anyone worried about Liverpool must have been severely scarred by the last 5 years :lol:

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Thank God for the Europa League eh? Comes with a top seed too.

Otherwise, still think we make top 4, but will be a shakier landing than I thought it would be in January.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Top 4 is now a dog fight and these Utd players are not the type of players you want in a dog fight.

Just hoping Spurs will be Spurs and mess up.

But if Liverpool were somehow get a run going I can see them catching us as I think we will cave under the pressure of a tight finish.
We don't need to be anything.

You're ahead of us, having played less games. We don't have a manager. Our dof has been put on leave because he's corrupt. Our best midfielder is out for the season.

I'm struggling to understand what all the panic is about.

Literally the one thing going for us is that we're only in 1 competition.