Race for top 4 | Finito.

Suv666

The only thing we have on them is a points advantage. Performance wise we're arguably worse right now.

Make our home games count and they won't be a threat. Drop points this week and we're opening the door with harder games to come.
Yeah if you're not aware league positions are determined by points and not by performances and there we are leading by 8 points.

And they are performing worse than us by a country mile, you've clearly not watched them play they conceded 4 goals a day ago and lost to Bournemouth before that...

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Yeah if you're not aware league positions are determined by points and not by performances and there we are leading by 8 points.

And they are performing worse than us by a country mile, you've clearly not watched them play they conceded 4 goals a day ago and lost to Bournemouth before that...
Yeah our solitary point at home against Southampton is a country mile better since getting beat 7-0 by them.

Suv666

Yeah our solitary point at home against Southampton is a country mile better since getting beat 7-0 by them.
Yeah you clearly haven't seen any Liverpool games except the 7-0. Just another caf member who loves a good moan.

CannonBalls

Supports
Arsenal
Just look at the fixture list. ManUtd should easily get top4. Most likely even 3rd but it would be closer than what most expected.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Yeah you clearly haven't seen any Liverpool games except the 7-0. Just another caf member who loves a good moan.
And you must have been watching a different United because performing a 'country mile' better than anyone in the PL at the moment we are not.

PSV

3 wins in 9 league games now. Total loss of form at the worse possible time.
I don't think form stretches across 3 months.

Stuff like Southampton happens I guess, but Newcastle and Liverpool away was never going to be where we expected 3 points.

Next 3 games will be very telling.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Just look at the fixture list. ManUtd should easily get top4. Most likely even 3rd but it would be closer than what most expected.
That was not the conversation a few weeks before the internationals. The goalposts are moving rapidly. The talk was on chasing down City, maybe even an outside crack at the title.

Spurs should be getting their new manager burst, much like Utd did with ETH. They will want that fourth spot and the money that goes with it. Rashford, Varane and Casemiro can't carry Utd each and every game.

Chief123

Its ridiculous thinking Liverpool can make top four. They are fecking awful have you guys not seen them play not to mention they are 8 points behind us.

We have a easy fixture list so we should be
able to sneak in but a win today would have sealed the deal.
Liverpool have zero chance of top 4. The only teams 3 teams fighting for 2 places is Utd, Newcastle and spurs.

Chief123

That was not the conversation a few weeks before the internationals. The goalposts are moving rapidly. The talk was on chasing down City, maybe even an outside crack at the title.
Most realistic utd fans never had us in the title race. The media tried to make out we were.

Just before the international break, Liverpool were getting excited at getting top 4 until bournemouth moved their goalposts back to where they were with a reality check.

PSV

Liverpool have zero chance of top 4. The only teams 3 teams fighting for 2 places is Utd, Newcastle and spurs.
To be honest their next 2 games (Chelsea away and Arsenal at home) will be crucial. If they get good results in those games I wouldn't rule them out just yet.

The last 9 games are all very win-able if they get a run going. They're generally solid at Anfield, and their remaining away games are all against teams in the relegation battle.

Chief123

To be honest their next 2 games (Chelsea away and Arsenal at home) will be crucial. If they get good results in those games I wouldn't rule them out just yet.

The last 9 games are all very win-able if they get a run going. They're generally solid at Anfield, and their remaining away games are all against teams in the relegation battle.
Tbh even if Liverpool beat chelsea and Arsenal I still don’t fancy them to get top 4. They had a decent run recently which appears to have been a false dawn. All the “winnable” games you mention are where they have had a problem all season. There’s nothing that is winnable for them at the moment. They have lost to a 20th placed team 3 times this season. Nothing in the bottom half is winnable for them right now.

redNATION

In a season where Chelsea and Liverpool have imploded, it would be unforgivable not finishing top 4. With those two out of the picture it should actually be pretty simple, we’re just making it harder than it is, partly because ETH has decided to chase every competition without realising the squad’s limitations.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Wouldn't surprise me if we're back in 3rd with a gap by the end of next weekend.

United play Brentford and Everton at Old Trafford.
Newcastle play West Ham and Brentford both away from home.
Spurs play Everton away tomorrow and then Brighton at home next weekend.

My guess is United will be on 56 points, Newcastle on 53, Spurs on 52 but with a game more played.

croadyman

Wake up call now.

Spurs if they win tomorrow drop us to 5th, but we have 2 games in hand. Thankfully don't have many more away games against the top half where we seemingly can't do anything
Don't think the likes of Forest,Bournemouth or West Ham will be easy either

bosnian_red

Don't think the likes of Forest,Bournemouth or West Ham will be easy either
West Ham will be tough. They've drastically underperformed and are in reality more Villa level.

Forest and Bournemouth, nah we should dominate those just like we did in the league cup semi final.

croadyman

West Ham will be tough. They've drastically underperformed and are in reality more Villa level.

Forest and Bournemouth, nah we should dominate those just like we did in the league cup semi final.
Just remember Forest have only lost to Spurs at home of the supposed top sides

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
Just remember Forest have only lost to Spurs at home of the supposed top sides
Newcastle beat them too, and you guys comfortably did as well in the league cup. Think there's some overreacting going on in here

RedRocket9908

Wouldn't surprise me if we're back in 3rd with a gap by the end of next weekend.

United play Brentford and Everton at Old Trafford.
Newcastle play West Ham and Brentford both away from home.
Spurs play Everton away tomorrow and then Brighton at home next weekend.

My guess is United will be on 56 points, Newcastle on 53, Spurs on 52 but with a game more played.
I cant see us beating Brentford next week, Brentford are a decent side and are capable of scoring goals against us while we are struggling to even get a shot on target at the moment.

Everton is going to be tough as well

bosnian_red

I cant see us beating Brentford next week, Brentford are a decent side and are capable of scoring goals against us while we are struggling to even get a shot on target at the moment.

Everton is going to be tough as well
We are a different team at Old Trafford and will have revenge on our mind and the need to bounce back. I will be very surprised if we fail to win either of the 2 games.

RedRocket9908

We are a different team at Old Trafford and will have revenge on our mind and the need to bounce back. I will be very surprised if we fail to win either of the 2 games.
We were terrible at home against Southampton the other week and was outplayed at home by Fulham up until the red cards

Big Andy

Bloke
I think it'll be a tight race from now to the end of the season, especially with the cups to contend with as well.

Considering we were looking nailed on prior to the Carabao Cup final we've fallen away badly since then. It's almost like a switch in the mindset once they won a trophy, it's like they've relaxed a bit.

bosnian_red

We were terrible at home against Southampton the other week and was outplayed at home by Fulham up until the red cards
We had a red card the entire game against Southampon where the ref also fecked us out of a clear pen, and yes, played like shit but still beat Fulham (and in the end had 3.36 xG to their 0.87). It is not comparable. Our home form is excellent. It's why we deservedly beat City, Arsenal and Liverpool there. It's why we deservedly beat Barcelona there. We have been a different team all season at Old Trafford compared to playing away.

DownRiver

In this level it is all about fine margins. I can’t overstate this enough.

If you do not have your best player, Casemiro, for about 7 games - that is 21 points. Look at the table in see where Man Utd’s position would be if we gained or losses that.

It is Casemiro’s fault if we do not get top4. He let the team down.

You can say this or that, but if you took the best player from any of the top 5 right now, they would not be in their position.

RuudTom83

United playing the most games of any side in Europe seems to have well and truly caught up with them.

Top 4 is going to be tight...but feck it...just enjoy the ride!

Casemiro and Eriksen will be back soon :devil:

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

If you do not have your best player, Casemiro, for about 7 games - that is 21 points. Look at the table in see where Man Utd’s position would be if we gained or losses that.

You can say this or that, but if you took the best player from any of the top 5 right now, they would not be in their position.
:lol:

Infra-red

Next two are huge now - Brentford and Everton at home.
We probably need two wins to get out of this funk and restore some semblance of positivity going into the run in. The team look physically tired and mentally jaded - we're relying on Casemiro, Eriksen and Martial coming back in, shaking things up a bit and restoring some energy. Rashford needs to start scoring again, too - we've now gone three Premier League games without a goal.

The fear is that our form continues and we limp over the line and ultimately fall short in all three remaining competitions. That would be such a shame after a positive season thus far.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
I'll be honest - if Newcastle fail to get top 4 after their massive overreaction to winning yesterday- I will be extremely full ofshameful joy

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool

I would love to have a bit of optimism but we're just so bad away from home against pretty much everyone. I can't even recall an away game in the league where we've played well for a full 90 minutes. Maybe Villa? Odds are that we'll drop points in most of our remaining away fixtures.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Really, if we get beaten to it by managerless Spurs, when we’ve got a game in hand, we don’t deserve it

Steve Bruce

The sendings off where a joke both of them when you consider grabbing a collar was one and the other wasn't as bad a tackle as others that got off by the referee who sent off Casemiro doing var the next day.

If consistency was afforded to Casemiro he would have got booked at worst

Nero

A top 4 race always brings out the drama llamas. We'll win our next 3 and all will look good again.