Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raptori

Special needs
Yep, further we have no idea what the fee is going to be, nor do we know what his wages will be. We have to trust the Club and the manager on this one, and so far all of LVGs signings have been a hit, or the potential to be at least.
I always thought it was likely that we'd agreed a fee with Monaco, and paid half up front so we could loan him for a year and assess his fitness. If we decided we wanted to keep him, we'd just have to pay the other half. Would be a pretty fair fee if we're confident he'll return to something like his best imo.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Delighted. Hope the fee is 40 million pounds instead of the reported 30, just to piss the disapproving people off.

Revan

Assumptionman
Lacazette hands down, so far this season in 19 games he has 17 goals and 6 assists in ligue 1 and he is playing really well.

He is only 23 and he is at the point in his career where he needs to Move to a bigger club he would probably cost half of what it would cost us to get Falcao.

Why spend £35mill+ on an ageing, heavily injury prone striker that may never capture his previous form. Add to that Falcaos wages will be huge too, We already have a striker that's similar to this in RVP we don't need another one. I'll be so annoyed if we do sign Falcao. It would be such a waste of money especially when there is younger talent like lacazette around.
Falcao is almost 3 years younger than RVP.

Also Lacazette is doing well, but too early to say that he is gonna make it in a big club. Remember, Gomiz looked as good a few years ago.

I don't even remember young strikers being as bad as now. The only world class striker under the age of 25 is Neymar. Usually, there were 4-5 World Class strikers under that age a few years ago. I expect that on a few years, we will have more options to choose from.

Also, if LVG trusts that Wilson will become a top striker, then it makes sense to continue with Rooney, RVP and Falcao until he is ready for EPL. I think that all will depends if Falcao can manage to stay fit, because the talent is still there. And if he can manage to stay fit - while he may never become again the third best player in the world - he'll be a top striker that will score a ton of goals. Let see in the end of the season how things are.

And finally, 31m pounds (if true) won't look as much if he can give us quality service for the next 3-4 years. RVP was his age when he came here and cost almost that (taking inflation in account it will be the same) and has been worth every pound.

Acole9

Outstanding
Quite surprised by that Marca tweet. Personally I don't think anything has been decided yet as to whether we're signing him on a permanent basis.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I'm conflicted on that one, i want him to sign permanently but i don't like the two strikers system.

JPRouve

Scout
Why now.
The smart money would be waiting until the summer to see if he can score more goals than he has fingers on one hand!
His wage, he was willing to lower significantly his wage in order to join, us. If we sign him permanently now, we won't have any competition and can lower his wage.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
His wage, he was willing to lower significantly his wage in order to join, us. If we sign him permanently now, we won't have any competition and can lower his wage.
Don't get me wrong, I'd love him to play as per his past form, and I was as excited as any fanboy at his arrival, but he's barely started games, let alone scored.

However, let him commence today!

JPRouve

Scout
Don't get me wrong, I'd love him to play as per his past form, and I was as excited as any fanboy at his arrival, but he's barely started games, let alone scored.

However, let him commence today!
I understand, but like i said we are paying the wage that he signed with Monaco, if we sign him we will be able to lower this contract, so if the club is convinced that Falcao is the real deal then we shouldn't wait, no need to throw money out of the window.

PS: Someone knows, if the 40m are before or after the 6m deduction.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
I think making the deal permanent now might well be a good idea. It might end up being a weight being lifted off his shoulders. If you make it permanent now, he can focus on scoring goals without having to deal with other pressures.

markhrad

I am not worried about the age of our strikers, top teams tend to buy proven goalscorers. When RVP and Falcao become too old we will just go and buy replacements.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
I hope it's true and we sign him permanently. The days he hits his Atletico form again will be priceless and I honestly believe they are not too far away!

Brophs

The One and Only
If we've decided to buy him now then the reality is we had already done the deal and it was being delayed for whatever reason. I struggle to imagine anyone committing themselves to a player of his age, after the injuries and performances he's had, at the price we've apparently agreed. All of the 'He has to prove himself' stuff will just have been proven pointless as we we probably always obliged to have bought him anyway.

Ixion

Started poor, his touch especially, but got better as the half went on and good strikers goal.

Revan

Assumptionman
Glad for him, but his touch is really shocking. He looks like Hernandez.
His touch has always been shocking, but his all-round game is decent. He doesn't get disposessed easily, doesn't get found on offside and has great crossing.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I still think he ought to be playing right up top.
Couldn't agree more, he's much better being on the defenders shoulder. That is where he looks top notch IMO not build up play where he plays You g wide and to far away to get in the box.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
I still think he ought to be playing right up top.
I agree. This formation isn't ideal for him.

Clever finish, and one or two other very good pieces of play, with a couple of dreadful touches thrown in as well. He'll be crucial in the second half.

DevilRed

Falcao Van Nistelrooy!

Just has goals in him. His play has been decent so far and I love the effort he puts in. For someone with such a remarkable goal record he is very unselfish and always looking to play in teammates.

Status
Not open for further replies.