Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
His goals have been worth 5 points... we're 7 points ahead of Liverpool...
Liverpool have fizzled out due to not being able to challenge us, so his goals (like any other player at the end of the day of course) have helped us get to that position.

If I could say this like a drunk van Gaal, I think my point might get across better :)

Truedevil

I hate admitting it, but I do too. I really like him and I'm not being sensible at all about this, but I want to give him another chance. He's trying hard and it's not working out for him.
Who's to say that he hasn't agreed another short loan with us, at a lower fee and knowing Monaco need to get rid we'll get him cheap in January if he improves. Otherwise let him go if he hasn't improved.
This is exactly how i feel. I would be over the moon if we extended his loan til January.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
People keep saying "give him another chance until January" why is that going to help?. Firstly Monaco more than likely won't agree on another loan deal and will want a permanent transfer - so do we take a 4 year risk on a falcao that is more than likely shot? Could you imagine how bad he could be in 4 years?.

I don't agree that he needs a pre season, why does it being pre season make it any different than training in real life every day and actually playing matches. If he isn't match fit now he never will be!.

I like him as a man and as a former fantastic striker, but we must be ruthless and aim for the best. Lumping 40m and 200k a year on him would be absolutely ludicrous.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Say, in this magical world where we keep him, and he begins firing again. By the end of next season he will be 30... (or should that be "30"?) How much more do we really expect out of him by that point? It's a complete non-starter whatever way you look at it.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
It's probably not going to happen for him but we could probably get him cheap if we fancied giving him another shot. Otherwise Monaco have a big financial headache.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
...why does it being pre season make it any different than training in real life every day and actually playing matches.
I agree with this 100%. Im not quite sure what magic, some fans believe occurs during pre-season.
I think some fans like the idea of having a Galactico in our team.
For me, I care little about the name. I look at the facts and the fact is that in half a season, he has managed to score 4 goals. That's an exceptionally poor return for a striker (even someone on low wages). The real kicker is that this guy is getting paid a fortune.
And lets not forget, he has already peaked, so is likely to get worse, not better.

I can only think that there are some non-Man Utd fans in here and they are joking that Falcao should stay.
Remember, last year, there were many Man City fans who said that Moyes should stay at Man Utd as they knew that he was useless. Perhaps the same applies to Falcao.

Roboc7

I agree with this 100%. Im not quite sure what magic, some fans believe occurs during pre-season.
I think some fans like the idea of having a Galactico in our team.
For me, I care little about the name. I look at the facts and the fact is that in half a season, he has managed to score 4 goals. That's an exceptionally poor return for a striker (even someone on low wages). The real kicker is that this guy is getting paid a fortune.
And lets not forget, he has already peaked, so is likely to get worse, not better.

I can only think that there are some non-Man Utd fans in here and they are joking that Falcao should stay.
Remember, last year, there were many Man City fans who said that Moyes should stay at Man Utd as they knew that he was useless. Perhaps the same applies to Falcao.

He is also going to be playing in the cops america so he isn't going to get the rehab, rest and proper preseason that he probably needs.

I really can't see the sense in adding another striker who is on the way down to our squad, only reason to sign falcao is if he is going to be the star player he once was and have a season similar to RVP's first season here. He looks a Million miles away from being that player and there is something wrong if we can't identify a better option.

Will Singh

At the end of the day no one knows if he will return anywhere near his pre injury form!

If we buy him it's a 50/50 risk he could start banging in 20+ goals a season or he could carry on doing a Gerrard!

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
Not saying Falcao will have a good pre-season because it will be interrupted. But anyone who doesn't think a good pre-season is important and sets you up for the season ahead has never played the game or as rocks in their head.

Amethyst

It's banter lads, inn't?
Not saying Falcao will have a good pre-season because it will be interrupted. But anyone who doesn't think a good pre-season is important and sets you up for the season ahead has never played the game or as rocks in their head.
Obviously it's important but I think Falcao would have shown some improvement by now from the beginning of the season if he was ever going to be the anything like the same player. Look at Luis Suarez this year, started pretty slowly at Barcelona having had no pre-season because of that ban (and had an injury before the World Cup albeit nowhere near as bad as Falcao's) but in the last few months he's been incredible for them.

slir32

I hope he stays for another 6 months loan (reduced wages) with an option to buy after that.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
pretty suprised by the amount of people who want him to stay - he's not suited to the way LvG wants to play so there is no point in keeping him around.

Djemba-Djemba

pretty suprised by the amount of people who want him to stay - he's not suited to the way LvG wants to play so there is no point in keeping him around.
Utd fans are an extremely forgiving bunch, the only Utd player I think absolutely everybody had given up on in the end was Anderson.

Personally I think it would be absolute madness to keep him on next season. He's been desperately poor.

Amethyst

It's banter lads, inn't?
Utd fans are an extremely forgiving bunch, the only Utd player I think absolutely everybody had given up on in the end was Anderson.

Personally I think it would be absolute madness to keep him on next season. He's been desperately poor.
Don't think too many tears will be shed when Tom Cleverley packs his bags in the summer. And yeah, there's no way we should have Falcao still hanging around next year, it's disappointing it's not worked out but let's move on.

markhrad

I am not sure we know how LVG wants to play. His system was based on the players available to him. He obviously likes skilled players because he bought both Falcao and Di Maria. He met Mata here and the Herrera deal was at an advanced stage when LVG came on board. Maybe LVG's system will be different after he has made major changes, some of which may include central and attacking midfielders.
I think in a different style of play Di Maria, RVP and Falcao could still be dangerous. Before this season would anyone assume that Young, Mata and Herrera would perform better than the former three? Before this season did anyone think Rooney was a better No9 than RVP or Falcao? I do not think so for either question.
I cant wait to see what LVG has up his sleeve.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
I am not sure we know how LVG wants to play. His system was based on the players available to him. He obviously likes skilled players because he bought both Falcao and Di Maria. He met Mata here and the Herrera deal was at an advanced stage when LVG came on board. Maybe LVG's system will be different after he has made major changes, some of which may include central and attacking midfielders.
I think in a different style of play Di Maria, RVP and Falcao could still be dangerous. Before this season would anyone assume that Young, Mata and Herrera would perform better than the former three? Before this season did anyone think Rooney was a better No9 than RVP or Falcao? I do not think so for either question.
I cant wait to see what LVG has up his sleeve.
I think we do - towards the end of the season he stuck to the same formation that he has played with for most of his career. It is basically a 4-3-3 and it seems he wants his one striker to play a lot with the back to goal and often come deep to get involved in the build up - that does not suit Falcao, and is the also the reason Chicharito was sent out immediately.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It may help keep you at the top level longer into the season, less injuries perhaps but no way does a pre season make you better than your top level already is. Just look at carrick, no pre season and came back like a house on fire. Over the Christmas period falcao showed he doesn't have the legs for the premier league, and I don't think he will ever get his old ability back. If he does I will be absolutely delighted, but we've seen it too often before. Knee injuries just don't recover you the same player.

Boycott

At least he can say with his head held high that he did it on a cold, wet day in Stoke.

OneUnited24

I think hes off but if its based on what LvG said (something about how he has one more day to talk to him) then i think its off the mark

marlowe78

I wish him the best. I was never happy about the loan but I hope he turns things around.

Iron Stove

Shame it didn't work out. Seems like a good guy, but it would have been an appalling decision to keep him.

Woodenlung

Still have a nagging feeling that he'll come back good in the end. Hopefully not at a Premier League club though.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Good luck wherever he goes, gave his all but just lost a lot of what made him good before. This was always going to be a recovery season from him

Status
Not open for further replies.