Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph
It was definitely worth the gamble but unfortunately he's a shadow of what he used to be. If he had got back to his best it would have been amazing.

He seems like a decent guy who had respect for the club and I always wanted him to do well but it just wasn't happening so it's a relief in the end that he is leaving.

I couldn't take another season of feeling sorry for him and hoping against the odds that he'd fluke a goal

markhrad

I still think in the right team he can return to his former glory but one cannot justify keeping him here. He tries hard maybe to hard but his confidence is shot and as others have said he constantly slips and slides. I know other players in the first half also slipped but not as much as him and he has slipped a lot in other games.
I am beginning to think that our style of play does not suit South American or Iberian peninsula players. Ronaldo and Nani to a lesser extent are exceptional players but not many others have been successful here, though to be honest we have not had that many.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I still think in the right team he can return to his former glory but one cannot justify keeping him here. He tries hard maybe to hard but his confidence is shot and as others have said he constantly slips and slides. I know other players in the first half also slipped but not as much as him and he has slipped a lot in other games.
I am beginning to think that our style of play does not suit South American or Iberian peninsula players. Ronaldo and Nani to a lesser extent are exceptional players but not many others have been successful here, though to be honest we have not had that many.
I think he has a pb with balance (maybe a bad result of his knee injury ?) and is weak so I don't think it's an issue of not being in the right team for him. He needs to have his basics right, controlling the ball, protecting the ball and only then will his confidence grow back.

JackXX

I don't think he's adapted to the league. Physically he can't match premier league centre backs but he's always getting into battles which he can't win. This is why he's on the floor so much imo. Problem is I'm sure LVG is pretty strict on our only strikers positioning but I feel Falcao would do better if he drifted into space more often rather than playing with his back to goal. There's just no point whatsoever lumping it at him expecting him to hold the ball up.

Shame it hasn't worked out as I was pretty excited about him. Wish him the best for the future he seems a nice person and works hard.

MoskvaRed

The goodbye was poignant. Everybody wanted this loan to work out so much but his body can no longer stand up to the rigors of elite level football. He should head to the MLS and enjoy the final few years of his career as a star.

Silverman

Would have been great to see him perform the way he can. He tried his best but it just didn't work. Good luck to him in the future.

Phil

Appreciated the badge slaps, he clearly felt the love from the fans.

NoPace

He's just physically shot, in terms of his pace especially. I wish him the best. I think he'd be smart to go to Serie A.

RedRevongge

I feel sorry for him because he just couldn't seem to get many chances over the last few months. Unfortunately we haven't been the most creative team in the final third a lot of the time which has really impacted him.

Saying that he hasn't done enough since being here unfortunately. Hopefully we will invest in a more mobile striker

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
The goodbye was poignant. Everybody wanted this loan to work out so much but his body can no longer stand up to the rigors of elite level football. He should head to the MLS and enjoy the final few years of his career as a star.
He'll probably score a bunch of amazing goals too. Robbie Keane's MLS highlight reel is ridiculous.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Disappointed it didn't work out for him here. He seemed like a genuinely good lad who wanted to play for us.

FromTheBench

Dunno how he continues getting game time over Wilson.

Anyway, goodbye to him and good luck as long as he doesn't go to a direct rival.

Minkaro

Dunno how he continues getting game time over Wilson.
Agreed. Nothing against Falcao (I feel sorry for him, actually), but I don't think he's going to be here next season. Wilson is, so why not get him the game time? He's about as likely to get us a goal as Falcao is.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
I've seen enough from him now. He doesn't seem to have anything any more that you'd look for in a top class striker.

Christ even Mata has more strength on the ball and he's a midget.

rooney1905

Nice guy. Physically just not up to the EPL. Perhaps Italy. You can see his brain working but he is just to easily out paced by not so pacey CBs or muscled off the ball. It was worth the risk but it just didn't come off.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
100% pass accuracy today. 12 from 12. Recovered the ball 4 times. Made 2 defensive clearances. 1 blocked shot.

FromTheBench

Amazing how so many people think he's crap but are simultaneously praying he doesn't sign with a rival.
I was saying i won't want him to do well if he Joins a direct rival.

There is a outside shot of him coming good, i guess.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
I think he'll be here next season and that the deal is already done. Just my opinion but it wouldn't surprise me.
That was what was the story from the beginning - the loan deal only being put in place for FFP purposes to satisfy Moncao's financial needs - and with him playing in the last few weeks despite being woefully out of form I'd assumed the initial story was true, but with him waving to the crowd today it seems pretty clear he's gone. Shame.

Moriarty

That was what was the story from the beginning - the loan deal only being put in place for FFP purposes to satisfy Moncao's financial needs - and with him playing in the last few weeks despite being woefully out of form I'd assumed the initial story was true, but with him waving to the crowd today it seems pretty clear he's gone. Shame.
Shame if it's true. We'll see.

mu77

had a hat trick in the first half , got fouled , fouled someone and was offside.

dsch

He does a good job bustling about for twenty minutes, then goes missing. Wish him well, but we can't afford to be paying this much for one third of Ji Sung Park.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
Sadly after his injury he's a poor mans Tevez. Now there was a player we should have signed after a loan deal. For one City would have at least one less PL trophy.

hbgreg

I can't help but remember those videos that came out when he first came, the looks in awe around the stadium and locker room. How he said he wanted to be a legend for Manchester United. Such a shame, good luck Radamel Fallcao, I hope you live a happy life.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Here's another stat - 0 Goals. Again.
...and there's more to the game than that one stat.
Sorry man, but when you playing as a lone striker, the only stat which counts is number of goals.
What we need is a selfish striker who does little for most of the game, but scores 1-2 goals every game. A finisher. If we can get that sort of player, I'd be ecstatic.

Crashoutcassius

Question - if the injury has robbed him of some kind of pace or sring or something, what will the narrative be when he bangs in 25 goals again in his career? rehabilitation with an amazing doctor?

Sam

He's so embarrassingly bad these days, I actually feel sorry for him. He barely even resembles a footballer. He basically runs around a lot, falls over a lot, loses the ball a lot, then gets subbed looking absolutely knackered.

Good luck to him and all that jazz, but I hope we never see him at Old Trafford again. He's been Torres'd more then Torres was.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Sorry man, but when you playing as a lone striker, the only stat which counts is number of goals.
What we need is a selfish striker who does little for most of the game, but scores 1-2 goals every game. A finisher. If we can get that sort of player, I'd be ecstatic.
You want a striker who scores 1-2 goals each game? What tree do they grow on?

adamwest

What a bloody disappointment he's been. He's seemed like he's really wanted to be here (who wouldn't for 250k + a week) and by all accounts is a sound human being, but jesus wept this has been a proper fall from grace.

Livewire1974

If it moves, report it.
He's so embarrassingly bad these days, I actually feel sorry for him. He barely even resembles a footballer. He basically runs around a lot, falls over a lot, loses the ball a lot, then gets subbed looking absolutely knackered.

Good luck to him and all that jazz, but I hope we never see him at Old Trafford again. He's been Torres'd more then Torres was.
Even you would play better than him.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I've wanted him gone since two/three months ago, but seeing him wave goodbye, remembering how happy he seemed when he arrived and remembering him work hard on the pitch and putting in the effort makes me kind of sad it didn't work out. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.