5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moriarty

Should have bought him from Athletico. Wasn't there a rumour at the time that we'd made a bid for him but he picked Monaco for the amount of money on offer rather than any realistic chance for honours. It's water under the bridge now but I'm sorry it didn't work out for him. Seems like a decent and likeable person.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Goodbye falcao, it was short and not very sweet. Glad to see you played for us though.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I'm sure it's been said before but we all know he'll be banging them in for fun at another PL team next season, right? I mean, it's inevitable.

Probably the right decision but I'm almost certain this will be yet another of the many post-Fergie ball-aches we're going to have to endure. Bah humbug.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I'm sure it's been said before but we all know he'll be banging them in for fun at another PL team next season, right? I mean, it's inevitable.

Probably the right decision but I'm almost certain this will be yet another of the many post-Fergie ball-aches we're going to have to endure. Bah humbug.
No, no he won't. You don't just improve suddenly over night after a season of shite!

Callum93

Shame it didn't work out. I'm sure Sky commentators and pundits will have a field day saying about how we must regret letting him go once he smashes in goals against the likes of Empoli and Sassuolo next season...

BringNaniBack

Leaves a bullshit trail behind him

He wont be banging them in for any premier league club. Hes not good enough to play in this league.

RetroStu

I hope he doesn't go to another Prem team because you just know it will bite us in our arse.

SirAF

Ageist
Quite relieved that the rumours we had bought him were not true. Hope he does well in another league.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Shame it didn't work out, but he had to go. A few of those reports saying we would sign him regardless nearly had me worried...

Now lets just hope we've not pissed off Mendes :nervous:

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Cheerio, cheerio, bye bye
Cheerio, it's too late to try
'Cause I miss you, every morning and I need you every night

And I will never know the reason why
For a moment we were lovers and for a moment you were mine
And now it's over, Cheerio, bye bye

We were running wild
A miss forgotten child
I saw you on the roof top
You're eyes were shining bright
Like a candle in the night

Was it only a game you played for fun?
Did you think you could fly?
Just a memory remains as time goes by

Cheerio, it's too late to try
There is nothing to forgive you
By what is wrong or what is right

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
feck me I wouldn't mind trying one of these pre-seasons if they're that good. Might turn me into a PL footballer.

izec

I am a bit sad about it. He was shite, but his potential always made me believe he deserved another half year loan with a full pre season to show if he really would cut it. At the end it was probably the right decision, but i liked him, at elast he put the effort in.

I never thought he was such a passionate and likeable guy, always thought he didnt care much for other things and lived a typical footballers life.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Shame it didn't work out for the player and the club. Under Sir Alex things might have been different. Hopefully he remembers his time at Old Trafford fondly.

Jacob

Good. Now, let's never mention him again and allow this thread to fade away.

Seems like a great guy but it wasn't to be. Even if you want to give him a second chance, at that salary and transfer cost there is no way.

Oo0AahCantona

Sad, He will probably get signed by chelsea for 10m and score a goal a game s cover for costa. cnuts.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
What is he on about ? Did he not have a pre-season with Monaco ? I swear he scored in the Emirates cup
Not sure you can compare fitness for the French league to the English Premiership. Just saying that, you can not rest in any game in England. Also, it's better to have a pre season with the players you are going to be playing with during the season. It seems to me, in his pomp he thrived on crosses. I think his confidence was low and it could be that he may have improved, but our service out wide is poor currently. We have to improve in that aspect of our play. In the early part of the season, we were dog shite struggling with the formation and injury. We created very little at times.

stu_1992

Shame it didn't work originally but this is the right decision and it's been obvious that it is the correct decision for a long time now. Was concerned for a while that we might still have bought him for a reduced fee, so this is a relief. Was definitely worth the risk last summer though, unfortunately he just wasn't the same.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Were there any particular Falcao highlights?

I'm struggling to remember one of the 4 goals he scored, so I think my standout Falcao highlight is that time he forgot how to read numbers.

Boycott

First thing he should do is beg Simeone to take him back.

Other than that I have a feeling he could end up at Arsenal. Wenger's given many of his own players time to prove themselves and this is a guy who is proven but needs some patience and nurturing to get back. Given Wenger's attitude to allow full recovery times, at times delaying player comebacks to long I can imagine that he had some foresight that this move to United wouldn't pan out well. At reduced cost he could benefit from all this.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
5.4 Average rating
5.8 Your rating

I Wish him the best. Hopefully a long career still ahead and many more goals.

Too bad it didn't work, but we all know how difficult is to come back from this injuries. It was really a matter of bad timing. A few years earlier, what could have been...

Anyway, thx for showing the courage to want to play for us. I'm sure you did your best Tiger.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
The United website acted very fast in removing him from the squad page - so we're back to having no number 9 as we were after Berba left. Factor in Saha and the number really hasn't had much luck recently.

I'm gutted it hasn't worked-out. Everything seemed wrong - as bad as his performances were overall, I can't see the LVG formation and style of player working for a player like him. I wish him nothing but the best, though I hope he doesn't try to move to another Premier League side, for our sake and his.

Status
Not open for further replies.