g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Radamel Falcao image 9

Radamel Falcao Colombia flag

2014-15 Performances

View full 2014-15 profile

5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hojoon

Shame, but the right decision. Considering Monaco are in the CL, I wonder if he'll stay there?

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Van Gaal: "Falcao is a top professional & a good human being. On behalf of everyone at #mufc, I would like to wish him well for the future".

Boycott

I still remember the night before deadline day when rumours were going round about Falcao to City and how we all had a meltdown here

:(

pacifictheme

Great player. Wrong club. Good luck to him. He gave 100% but it wasn't to be. No doubt he'll continue a great career bext season.

Was at OTfor one of his goals, pleased to have seen him celebrate with us!

Jev

Good decision. A shame it didn't work out but he's just not up for it anymore.

Ekeke

Just glad we dont seem to have had to pay anything to get out of signing him. His agent made it seem like we had already agreed to take him

Livewire1974

If it moves, report it.
Best of luck to him, seemed like a decent bloke, pity things did not work out. Hopefully he regains his old form at his next club.

JUPITER

The United website acted very fast in removing him from the squad page - so we're back to having no number 9 as we were after Berba left. Factor in Saha and the number really hasn't had much luck recently.
That's because we've consistently signed 9s who are either old, immobile or injury prone.

In Falcao we managed to tick literally all three of these boxes - a somewhat impressive achievement for a club that has basically no financial limits.

Angelinho

It was a risk worth taking to bring him in, but it hasn't worked out. It's clearly the right decision to move him on. Hopefully he will find some form elsewhere, but I doubt it will be in the Premier League.

space

Sad it didn't work out for him, wish him luck in the future (except against us!).

hobbers

Only logical option.

Nice guy but he won't get the big move he wants, not a chance any side will fork out enough money for him. Unless he gets another loan move.

He should forget about titles and just go enjoy himself in the MLS.

Shark

@NotShark
Great player. Wrong club. Good luck to him. He gave 100% but it wasn't to be. No doubt he'll continue a great career bext season.

Was at OTfor one of his goals, pleased to have seen him celebrate with us!
Why would United be the wrong club for him? he just wasn't good enough, it had nothing to do with being at the wrong club.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Wouldn't be at all surprised if a fresh start at a new club kicks his form back to life but really we had to let him go given how poor he's been here.

siw2007

I can still remember the hype and excitement the transfer created. We probably didn't need him but we were getting a player with a world class reputation. Such a shame it didn't work out here. He looked physically shot and we just couldn't justify giving him the run of games he might have needed, maybe a good pre-season might have improved him. Best of luck to him anyway and thanks for his hard work.

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
He tried his best but unfortunately his best for whatever reason just wasn't good enough for Utd or the PL even, this season. Things might have been different if we got our hands on him a few years ago.

redspoony

If you'd have told me 3 years ago Falcao would be a United players I'd have done myself a mischief.

Alas...

Can't fault his effort when he played but that injury has ruined him and he was trying to play in the same manner as he did before it happened. He needs to play in league where the pace is a bit slower and reinvent himself as a player - if he can do that he'll get back to banging the goals in.

Good luck to him.

acrebo

I don't wish him anything but the best of luck for the future but I'm sure I'll forget he ever played for us before too long.

What a forgettable season he's had.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
I remember feeling genuinely jealous when you guys first signed him. We'd wanted him desperately for years when he was in his "prime." Before we saw what Costa could do in the PL and after his awful World Cup I feared you guys had got the better deal.

Crazy to think that just a couple of seasons ago Falcao and RvP were the two best strikers in the world. Now they're both injured, borderline wash-ups.

pacifictheme

Why would United be the wrong club for him? he just wasn't good enough, it had nothing to do with being at the wrong club.
It just didn't work out. don't be a prat about it and try to have some class. There are plenty of players who struggle at one club and succeed at others. Look at Forlan asone of many, many examples. His return from a very serious injury didn't help either did it? I wish him all the success he could have in the future. If he plays us i hope he gets a great reception and has a stinker.

Ixion

I really don't think it helped how poor we have been at creating chances this season. He, Rooney and RVP are all capable of scoring far more goals, they've all had dissapointing seasons in that regard.

Drifter

American
River Plate (2004-09)

Appearances 90

Goals 34

Porto (2009-11)

Appearances 72

Goals 62

Atletico Madrid (2011-13)

Appearances 86

Goals 68

Monaco (2013-14)

Appearances 20

Goals 11

Manchester United (2014-15)

Appearances 29

Goals 4

mu4c_20le

What bothers me most is that he seems like the kind of player who would flourish under Fergie, whereas LVG's possession based philosophy probably suits someone like Berbatov, who relies on intelligence and positioning rather than speed and power.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
What bothers me most is that he seems like the kind of player who would flourish under Fergie, whereas LVG's possession based philosophy probably suits someone like Berbatov, who relies on intelligence and positioning rather than speed and power.
He's got nobody to blame but himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.