View full 2014-15 profile

5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sad to see him go but its the right decision considering the money involved. No striker would have shone this season with the lack of chances we have created.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Thank feck for the news. It's obvious he doesn't cut it in this league and our style. Not good enough as starter, and was even useless as sub-impact.

Seems like a nice guy, though.

AtlMuppet

A part of me still hopes we return and sign him for a much more reasonable fee and wages. He'll always have a soft spot in my heart. I'll be absolutely gutted if Mendes manages to flog him to Liverpool, and even more so if he comes good next season.

Red Stone

He got f*ck all service, dont remember him missing many chances that others would have nailed. A class player that was hard done by, hopefully we can cut a deal to bring him back.
A striker needs to be able to create space for himself so others can find him. Falcao was too slow and weak, both on and off the ball, to give any Premiership defender worth his salt much to worry about.

ravi2

He got f*ck all service, dont remember him missing many chances that others would have nailed. A class player that was hard done by, hopefully we can cut a deal to bring him back.
Falcao (like Torres) seemed to lose both his first touch and initial burst of acceleration. He isn't the Same player he once was.He might make it in another league but the EPL isn't for him at this juncture.

Livewire1974

If it moves, report it.
A striker needs to be able to create space for himself so others can find him. Falcao was too slow and weak, both on and off the ball, to give any Premiership defender worth his salt much to worry about.
When he arrived at the club we were playing the most dull football ever. Defenders kicked 7 shades of sh*t out of Falcao cos they needed to stop him. At United he worked his ass off, and his off the ball play improved, a much more complete player now.

He will do well wherever he ends up.

Livewire1974

If it moves, report it.
Falcao (like Torres) seemed to lose both his first touch and initial burst of acceleration. He isn't the Same player he once was.He might make it in another league but the EPL isn't for him at this juncture.
I think he was a name signed without paying the transfer fee, to show the fans that the Glazers Woddy and Co meant business, a smart move by them. In the early part of the season, we simply were not creating chances. He cant score if we aint doing much.

With a player like him, a team needs to be setup to play to his strengths. We have many top strikers so he needs to fit into a system, a philosophy even, he just did not fit in. Time will tell if others can.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
When he arrived at the club we were playing the most dull football ever. Defenders kicked 7 shades of sh*t out of Falcao cos they needed to stop him. At United he worked his ass off, and his off the ball play improved, a much more complete player now.

He will do well wherever he ends up.
:lol: he didnt get much service, no one did, but he still managed to look awful and no better than Wilson who isn't ready for the PL yet, I may have liked the guy and even felt for him, but the man could barely stay on his feet most game, he's a big lad who gets pushed off the ball, lack of confidence and slow, clearly not a top striker anymore.

Livewire1974

If it moves, report it.
:lol: he didnt get much service, no one did.
Show us some youtube clips then. We were awful at the start of the season, he was injured for a while. DiMaria got suspended at the same time as RVP got injured and we then got the results that glossed over a very average campaign.

Mali_Zeus

Show us some youtube clips then. We were awful at the start of the season, he was injured for a while. DiMaria got suspended at the same time as RVP got injured and we then got the results that glossed over a very average campaign.
I think you're one of the few people who think he improved sthing, anything this year.

Sure we weren't creating much but he barely created sthing for himself, not to mention his lack of runs behind defenses and inability to stay on the feet.

Right decision, too much of a gamble to spend that much on someone who hasn't proven himself worth half of that during his year here.

Ultimately I'm glad we tried. It was risky, but it could have paid off. Shame it didn't, but I'd do it again.

POF

One of the best strikers in Europe before his injuries, his spell at United couldn't have gone much worse. You have to feel for him. "He was crap but is a really nice guy". He's fallen so far that he's turned into David Moyes.

Castia

Shame it didn't work out but with the money involved we did the right thing.

settembrini

Just relieved it was only a loan deal. If we had been obligated to sign him for the agreed fee and his current wages it would have been an absolute disaster. He's been a complete shambles pretty much all season.

Nickosaur

He was rubbish and he's gone but god damn it you can't be mad/hate the guy. Classy character.

Nogbadthebad

Didn't happen, but the guy never hid, and he always appeared to try his best for us, even if it wasn't up to much sometimes, so can't fault him really. I'm sorry to see him go, I still think with a summer rest and solid pre-season, he'll be banging goals in wherever he ends up. Not sure he will ever be what he was, but he will be a good striker again.

El Zoido

I still think he's a good striker and he'll be back on form for his new club. Clearly it didn't work out for him here, which is a shame, but his attitude and work rate was top class all season.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Probably one of the worst signings I have seen which is very sad to say. Hope he recovers his old form at his next club but definitely a signing which in a few years time we will laugh about and think what the feck was that about.

Dr. Funkenstein

Not CAF Geert Wilders
I thought it was a wrong buy in the first place. Because he's overestimated, he still had to make it into world class instead of Porto, AM and Monaco which are not. If you watch an in form striker in a super cup and lots of his goals on YT it's easy to be impressed, but his first touch has never been solid and it's never been much else but a finisher. Therefore as a type of striker he'd never fit in perfectly, and on class it also was a bit iffy, and then there was the injury and the fact that the EPL has different demands, it could have worked out but it was very unlikely to begin with.

But even in the most difficult spells for him, he didn't hide but kept doing the things he should be good at. So I hope he finds a nice club, and ends up like a Forlan or Battistuta or something.

DevilRed

Its been a rough year for him and theres no doubt that any new club he goes to next will likely ask him to take a severe paycut.

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
Realistically, could he go back to Porto? Jackson Martinez is leaving isn't he?

@Arruda
He is, but I doubt Falcao could be an option to replace him. We could never afford his ages, even if he cut them in half. Either way, I wouldn't trust him enough by now.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
The United website acted very fast in removing him from the squad page - so we're back to having no number 9 as we were after Berba left. Factor in Saha and the number really hasn't had much luck recently.
Number 7 not so great either...Owen, Valencia and Di Maria

Roboc7

Can't fault his effort, even when he played for the u21's he gave it everything which as commendable as it was only highlighted how much he has declined because no matter how hard he tried he was still useless. Hopefully he has the sense to go to Italy or Spain because he might salvage his career there, physically he has declined to much to succeed in the premier league.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Always struck me as a proper gent and a true professional. Its a pity it didnt work for him here, but I am just glad we evidently didnt have some pre-agreement to sign him.

Status
Not open for further replies.