Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I'd feel sad for him but then he got a hottie for a wife and will 18 million euros a year while living it up in Monaco. Well, you atleast tried Falcao!

SirFergie

The United website acted very fast in removing him from the squad page - so we're back to having no number 9 as we were after Berba left. Factor in Saha and the number really hasn't had much luck recently.

I'm gutted it hasn't worked-out. Everything seemed wrong - as bad as his performances were overall, I can't see the LVG formation and style of player working for a player like him. I wish him nothing but the best, though I hope he doesn't try to move to another Premier League side, for our sake and his.
I know. Bring back Coley!

Maestro14

OHKO'd a shiny Electrike
So disappointing that we never got to see the best of him. Hopefully he can get it back in the future, good luck to him.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Anyone else feeling relieved?

I'll admit, a little part of me did worry that we might go for him at a discounted price.

Irrational.

It feels like a cameo season, like when we signed Henrik Larsson.

Hope he manages to smash in the goals for a (non-PL) team where he can prosper.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy

Hope he manages to smash in the goals for a (non-PL) team where he can prosper.
I'm not sure about smashing in goals but I think he'll do very well somewhere. His play (though not his goalscoring) was impressive at the beggining for us.

RoyoftheRavers

Except Larsson did infinitely more in 10 weeks than Falcao did in a season.

Still, best of luck to him. Even though it wasn't happening for him he always gave 100%, which you couldn't say for some players recently.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
Shame for both parties that this move never got anywhere near to delivering what we hoped it would on deadline day. Jeez that day seems so long ago now. I wouldn't be surprised if he restored his reputation with another club, but I'm not too worried about it being at another PL club - he just doesn't seem suited to this league. It happens. Best that we're moving on without him.

littlepeasoup

Don't think there's anyone who didn't want him to succeed. If we had kept him his performances this season would have been like a noose around his neck. Better off he has a fresh start somewhere else.

I'm pretty sure we'll still sing his name, which is kinda weird.

Shark

@NotShark
It just didn't work out. don't be a prat about it and try to have some class. There are plenty of players who struggle at one club and succeed at others. Look at Forlan asone of many, many examples. His return from a very serious injury didn't help either did it? I wish him all the success he could have in the future. If he plays us i hope he gets a great reception and has a stinker.
Saying he wasn't good enough doesn't make me a prat. He wasn't good enough and at his current level I could even see him struggling in the championship, never mind at United. Obviously he was a fantastic striker at one point, but going by his time at United, it's a fair claim to make.

I do wish him well though and hope he manages gets back to his best wherever he ends up.

Adcuth

such a shame we got him in this condition, would have loved to see him here at his peak. amazing player at one point. wish him the best whereever he goes next year. hope he finds some form again

Roman Bellic

Prick
This summer would have been the perfect time to take the risk of signing Falcao on loan not last summer.

Bwuk

Biggest disappointment as a United fan in recent memory is him not working out. I thought we were getting a world class #9.

Sylar

Good luck to him, (unless he signs for a rival, lol)

Glad I got to sing his song though :P Its a shame, I think he tried to rush back to quickly for the World Cup and it affected him long term. Trying to return from the injury after 5 months wasnt best advised. Still, he had some moments early on (few assists and goals) but then it just didnt work out for him.

Jammydodger7

Really hope he doesn't join another PL club, would hate to see him score for Chelsea or Arsenal or someone

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
If he joined our side when we weren't tinkering so much, I'd say it would have gone better for him. Alas it wasn't to be. Falcao in a Fergie side would have been a scary sight.

Hope it goes well for him. A very, very likable guy.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
Looking at it from a different angle, summising his performances alone, say... If his name wasn't Falcao, and us not having known anything about his prior goalscoring history, instead... just some guy we'd plucked from elsewhere and he'd performed similar this season well... we'd all be throwing tomatoes at him by now.

He seems a lovely chap off the pitch, I wish him well, but I'm not sad he's off and I dont think i'd particuarly care if he joined a rival at this point, he looks to have serious issues with basic balance, perhaps he rushed back from his knee injury too quickly to try and make the world cup squad and is suffering longterm side effects, but I speculate at this point.

Utd7

I'm just relieved that the initial rumor of the deal being permanent masked via loan to comply with FFP wasn't true.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
If he joined our side when we weren't tinkering so much, I'd say it would have gone better for him. Alas it wasn't to be. Falcao in a Fergie side would have been a scary sight.

Hope it goes well for him. A very, very likable guy.
Yeah shame. Would have loved for it to have worked. Seems a top bloke. I do reckon, like most that he will smash it in Italy next year.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Anyone think it's telling that all of our strikers under performed this season? Is that more to to do with our strikers or the team? Is it a big coincidence?

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Never really looked good enough. Showed the odd glimpse but he was getting bounced around by defenders and couldn't control a ball. Some players do need a full pre season etc to get over an injury, falcao just doesn't suit this league unfortunately. He still won us 8 points though.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
Wanted to give him time and as sad as I am to see him leave, it is surely the right decision. Football just has a way of not always going to plan. I truly wish him well and hope to see him banging goals in for another club (not in the EPL).

Ferguson

Diego Forlan at least had his moments of brilliance. Falcao simply looked forlorn in a United shirt.

I wish him the best and hope to see him firing on all cylinders in the future.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Anyone think it's telling that all of our strikers under performed this season? Is that more to to do with our strikers or the team? Is it a big coincidence?
The slow tumescent play didn't help but surely the injury problems all had was a bigger issue. I do wonder if Benteke could be another Yorke, but more of beast for us.

Devil may care

I remember the excitement when the news broke of us signing him even though most felt we didn't need another striker. Then on deadline day it took ages for him to get cleared and the rumours swirled that he'd failed the medical as we got two extensions to register him, the Caf was buzzing. Sadly it didn't work out for him here but I hope he does well in Italy or maybe even back in Portugal.

Farewell Raddy Falcers, you were not the Salas/Batistuta dream finally realized but no one rocks the long haired headband combo quite like you sir.

Status
Not open for further replies.