Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Shame it didn't work out. Hope it works out for him at his next club (not in the EPL).

Bojan11

Wanted it to work. Sad that he didn't, but wish him well as long as he doesn't join another premier league club.

Hostekule

I was really excited when we signed him, but it became evident early that he was nowhere near his top level. The whole season just seemed like him trying to regain his match fitness without it ever really happening.

Glad he's gone. Wish him luck in the future.

Raw

No surprises. Had the slightest worry that there was some permanent deal in place at one point, but glad to see him go. Just a gamble that didn't work out.

Good luck to him, always had a great attitude at the club.

MaNNe-

Seems like a really nice and sympathetic guy. I wish it had worked out for him here, too bad it didn't. Good luck to him wherever he goes, I hope he still manages to pick his career up somewhere else.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
He should probably just retire. His legs look like they've completely gone.

lifted

It's obviously a shame that it didn't work out, but I don't have regrets that we took him when we did.

It'll be interesting to see where he ends up. Surely La Liga will be the place, can't see any PL club taking the risk even if he significantly reduces his wage demands.

R'hllor

To bad it did not work but for some reason i still believe that he will turn good next season for some other club and show that he is not shit like some here painted him.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
I really thought he'd be great in the PL. But didn't realize how much he'd regressed since his injury.

Leg-End

Even if he comes good elsewhere its still the right decision for us, we don't need to take the gamble for another season when we have a whole summer to find someone better suited.

Good luck to him.

rpitchfo

no room for sentimentality in this game. Nothing less than awful this season, all he did was hinder the chances of some of our younger striker.

NinjaFletch

All things considered he was absolutely horrific.

One of the worst strikers I've seen play for us in my lifetime.

badkins

Year ago we could easily say he was the best #9 in Europe in the last five years or so, terrific player.

But his poor record (only 4 goals in ~30apps) is speaking for itself, he was really shocking at times.

Good luck, El Tigre!

Ballache

Supports
Martial
I, for one, am shocked by this decision.
really though, was desperate for him to regain his confidence in front of goal but it wasn't to be. Good luck to him wherever he goes, very professional attitude despite a very difficult season.

Eugenius

If we ignore the fact he's been gash this season, we've clearly needed a fast, mobile striker (even obvious under Moyes) which Falcao is not. Doesn't make any sense in signing a 29 year old, who's just back from a major injury on massive wages for a big fat fee. Especially when we have two other strikers of the same mould of the same age profile.

Americano

Make America Great Again!
An exciting gamble and a rare money-conserving move by Woodward to set it up as a loan/option. Still bewildered he saw gametime for months after his deficiencies were obvious.

Over/under on the "Falcao Goals 2014-15" youtube clip - 90 seconds?

Ixion

There is a lot of sub appearances in those 29 he made for us and it's a season where Rooney and RVP have both also fallen well short of the number of goals they are capable of as well. We struggled for too long in the season as a team while he at the same time was trying to overcome injury and prove himself so the circumstances weren't right for him. The best run he got was when Carrick was injured and Mata and Herrera were warming the bench, not ideal. I think he'll do much better at his next club and good luck to him.

Amethyst

It's banter lads, inn't?
An exciting gamble and a rare money-conserving move by Woodward to set it up as a loan/option. Still bewildered he saw gametime for months after his deficiencies were obvious.

Over/under on the "Falcao Goals 2014-15" youtube clip - 90 seconds?
Squeeze out two and half minutes if every goal is super slow mo and from every possible angle.

LazyRed-Ninja

Dutchman, who could have chosen any tagline.
Unlucky marriage. Can not afford a 'will he ever come back' type of striker in the objectives we will set for next season. If we ought to go for a striker i hope for a cheeky bid on Jackson Martinez.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
There is a lot of sub appearances in those 29 he made for us and it's a season where Rooney and RVP have both also fallen well short of the number of goals they are capable of as well. We struggled for too long in the season as a team while he at the same time was trying to overcome injury and prove himself so the circumstances weren't right for him. The best run he got was when Carrick was injured and Mata and Herrera were warming the bench, not ideal. I think he'll do much better at his next club and good luck to him.
17 games where he has played more than 45 mins (a lot of them seem to be around 70 min mark)

Dobba

Even if he comes good elsewhere its still the right decision for us, we don't need to take the gamble for another season when we have a whole summer to find someone better suited.

Good luck to him.
100%. You can guarantee, if he completes stage 2 of the Tevez template in a similar fashion, the sort of comments we'd see on here and elsewhere, but signing him for the money being talked about would be based on nothing but blind faith that he'll come good.

JUPITER

Serie A is the place for him to go

Peace Falcao.
This.

As I've said many times over the season, he needs to be in a slower, less frenetic league where he has that millisecond longer to move/shoot.

Serie A would be a good place for him to get a couple if decent seasons under his belt.

Wish him the best, and I hope that Mendes (and Falcao himself) are sensible in their next move, and have learned from this rushed through loan move.

DevilRed

Best of luck to Falcao. Would have loved to see him succeed here.

Needs to go back to Spain (or Italy) where he will have more time on the ball.

Roboc7

It's great news he won't be coming back, even another loan deal would have been a bad idea. Not only has he been awful and still not recovered from his injury but we need pace/skill/strength/mobility up front and he offers none of that. With Rooney and RVP no longer at their best last thing we need is another striker on the way down.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
I really liked El Tigre, wanted him to succeed here. I guess we signed him at the wrong time, we totally missed the boat on this one.

Devil may care

Yeah, Roma needs a proper striker among other things, Serie A is less paced, you have more time of the ball, I think he could shine there.
Hell, even Gervinho has been good in his first season.
I think he could find some form at Roma, he'd be the undisputed first choice with good pace either side of him and a strong midfield trio behind him.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Shadow of his former self. Injury seems to have ruined his career.

A sympathetic 5/10. In reality it could be as low as 3/10

Status
Not open for further replies.