5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Castia

How can he not even make the bench 6 day ago and then start today? it makes last weeks decision to drop him all the more bizarre.

AttackingFlair

Anyone else really want to see Falcao and Rooney up front? Perfect opportunity today but I bet Rooney will be in midfield.

Roboc7

This is the sort of games he has to make the most of, if he doesn't make it count he might he will soon start running out of games. Might suit him today quite a small pitch and QPR are quite slow at the back so his lack of pace and mobility might not be as much of a problem.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Hopefully he brings his first touch with him today.

PSingh

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Massive game for him. It might be a test for LVG to see how Falcao reacts. Similar to when he dropped RVP for the national side.

Rednotdead

There's your answer on Falcao, right there. Open goal and he couldn't even make contact with the ball inside the 6 yard box.

Jev

But he's not getting any service!!! Nah, in fairness it was tricky with that slight touch beforehand. Should have scored at least once today, though.

Been one of his better games outside the box, though.

Castia

Shame, seems like a top guy and was a great player but the injuries have messed him up. It would be insane to buy im in the summer.

R'hllor

The defender got a foot to it ffs, what's he supposed to do, use the force?
This place is full with poison,comments after that 1st chance,like they could not wait to jump a gun,"terminate his contract now" "Bye bye Falcao" etc. They did not even see that defender got a touch...What a bunch of people.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Only issue with him is the earlier chance which was straight at Green. The other two from Wilson had obvious reasons for not scoring - that was a major interception from Caulker, and Wilson put way too much on the second ball.

Duafc

Village Lemon
the defender gets a slight touch but you can compensate or anticipate that, should have scored one of his 4 chances today.

Duafc

Village Lemon
I think the main issue is he has no pace at all - can't beat a man, can't get away from a man, can't get a shot off before a man gets back, can get alongside Wilson to make the ball and goal a formality.

zing

Zingle balls
Was he ?

Squawka only have his La Liga stats for his last season at Atletico but his 28 goals includes 8 pens and his conversion rate of non-penalty shots from inside the box is 23% which is good but some way short of the 30% Diego Costa has this season, Ronaldo 32%, Harry Kane 28.6%, Sturridge last season 26.6%. Hernandez (out of form last season) 22% and 27% the previous season. Falcao's stats don't scream best in the world to me; for instance he provided just 1 assist that season in La Liga. The previous season he scored 5 pens in La Liga in his 24 goals from 33 starts.

Diego Costa took over from Falcao at Atletico. He scored 27 goals in La Liga including 5 pens. Conversion rate of non-penalty shots taken inside the box was 24%. 3 assists. Soldado scored 24 including 5 pens in his final La Liga season for Valencia. His conversion rate of non-penalty shots taken inside the box was 22%. He provided 4 assists. Negredo in 2012/3 La Liga 19% conversion rate for the same stat. The mins played by each was very similar.
A striker takes around 110-120 shots per season. The difference in % you've quoted is going to come down to 3-4 extra shots taken. It's a silly 'stat' to be throwing out.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
the defender gets a slight touch but you can compensate or anticipate that, should have scored one of his 4 chances today.
The touch should not have affected the ball momentum and Falcao movement towards it as such because he still had time to position his body for a goal. This is at first glance, but I would not mind seeing it again.
Where do you two live, the Matrix?

Skills

Snitch
Should've scored the first two. That third one was really tough because of the defenders touch.

OneUnited24

Sorry but with the speed the ball was coming in at any kind of contact would have put the striker off.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Must be said, his first touch has been better today. Held up the ball well and laid it off.

Not much he can do with scraps though I did initially think he'd had a horrible miss, great touch by Caulker.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
The touch should not have affected the ball momentum and Falcao movement towards it as such because he still had time to position his body for a goal. This is at first glance, but I would not mind seeing it again.
Absolute nonsense.

If people want to criticise him, look at the header he should have buried.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Where do you two live, the Matrix?
At first glance, it looks like the time from when caulker touched the ball to when it reached Falcao path was sufficient enough for Falcao to adjust his movement to connect with the ball. It was not like the ball was lofted or one of those Valencia cannon crosses.

It is also possible that Falcao just has a slow reaction.

Skills

Snitch
Must be said, his first touch has been better today. Held up the ball well and laid it off.

Not much he can do with scraps though I did initially think he'd had a horrible miss, great touch by Caulker.
Should've done much better in the first half from Mata's pass and the header should've been a goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.