5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

JUPITER

6 months of being in a utd shirt, 3 of which he wasn't fit or injured. New country, new culture, new league, new team mates, new manager, new formation, not having a run of games and we expect him to hit the ground running when by our own addmission the football we are playing is poor, slow and without creativity?

And people think he's not being used as a scapegoat....really? The worlds gone absolutely mad.
Generally speaking, and especially in football, a scapegoat is reacted to with genuine anger and blamed for a failing beyond their own - winking Ronaldo at the world cup, Beckham's red card etc.

No-one in here is showing any anger, malice or bad intent toward Falcao. Likewise no-one is suggesting that Falcao is responsible for anything other than his own performances.

People are just really disappointed with what he's contributed and are voicing their opinions more keenly due to the fact that a decision on whether or not to spend 40m on him is likely to be made soon (if not already).

It's important to understand that to criticise or critique is not the same as scapegoating something or someone.

jem

Generally speaking, and especially in football, a scapegoat is reacted to with genuine anger and blamed for a failing beyond their own - winking Ronaldo at the world cup, Beckham's red card etc.

No-one in here is showing any anger, malice or bad intent toward Falcao. Likewise no-one is suggesting that Falcao is responsible for anything other than his own performances.

People are just really disappointed with what he's contributed and are voicing their opinions more keenly due to the fact that a decision on whether or not to spend 40m on him is likely to be made soon (if not already).

It's important to understand that to criticise or critique is not the same as scapegoating something or someone.
I think this is a very fair summation of how most fans feel.

DocRockter

Just had a daughter according to his twitter.. Maybe this has been a little bit of a distraction for him, specially if this is their first child.. Congrats for the little tiger, obviously..

Last edited:

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
6 months of being in a utd shirt, 3 of which he wasn't fit or injured. New country, new culture, new league, new team mates, new manager, new formation, not having a run of games and we expect him to hit the ground running when by our own addmission the football we are playing is poor, slow and without creativity?

And people think he's not being used as a scapegoat....really? The worlds gone absolutely mad.
He was one of the best strikers in the world and now he's playing like an 80 year old version of himself that's also been drugged and gotten drunk. What do you expect us to say?

Do you really think he's going to be amazing or can you admit he's regressed physically due to both age and the major injury to his knee?

Litch

Thank you for explaining the term scapegoat within the context of 'especially' in football......not patronising at all. I think I understand the term scapegoat and the context its being used in. Someone's always to blame and unfortunately the usually suspects on here like Felliani or Young aren't playing that badly so the haters have moved onto someone else. They'll always make reference to how much he's cost or being paid, and the focus will always be on what he's not doing rather than what he is. They will always compare them to another player from another team and also quote absolute subjective crap or stats to make their argument fit.

Sorry but even if I'm the only person who thinks differently on here, he's been here since September. He came here after a serious knee op, he was still in recovery and not played competitive football consistently for sometime. Its a new club, new country, new culture, new players, new league....the teams been changed nearly every week and the teams performance is dire. Only players like 60m Di Maria is a shadow of the player he was at Real and he came here fit. I'm sure h's facing the same issues as other new players. I'm not saying Falcao will be a world beater again, just its too soon to make any judgement in 6 months of football, 3 of which he was injured or coming off the bench for 15 mins football.

Litch

He was one of the best strikers in the world and now he's playing like an 80 year old version of himself that's also been drugged and gotten drunk. What do you expect us to say?

Do you really think he's going to be amazing or can you admit he's regressed physically due to both age and the major injury to his knee?
Like I said, do you think you can make a fair assessment of a player who's had a run of 6-7 games consistently in a team that's not playing that great anyway? Hows Di Maria's performances based on paying 60m for him?

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Like I said, do you think you can make a fair assessment of a player who's had a run of 6-7 games consistently in a team that's not playing that great anyway? Hows Di Maria's performances based on paying 60m for him?
Because even taking into account every factor he's been absolutely terrible and I don't think he'd be any different back at Monaco, nor at Atletico.

Physically he's done, it's obvious, and if you can't see it then I'm sorry but you need help.

Di Maria has largely been shite.

JUPITER

Thank you for explaining the term scapegoat within the context of 'especially' in football......not patronising at all. I think I understand the term scapegoat and the context its being used in. Someone's always to blame and unfortunately the usually suspects on here like Felliani or Young aren't playing that badly so the haters have moved onto someone else. They'll always make reference to how much he's cost or being paid, and the focus will always be on what he's not doing rather than what he is. They will always compare them to another player from another team and also quote absolute subjective crap or stats to make their argument fit.

Sorry but even if I'm the only person who thinks differently on here, he's been here since September. He came here after a serious knee op, he was still in recovery and not played competitive football consistently for sometime. Its a new club, new country, new culture, new players, new league....the teams been changed nearly every week and the teams performance is dire. Only players like 60m Di Maria is a shadow of the player he was at Real and he came here fit. I'm sure h's facing the same issues as other new players. I'm not saying Falcao will be a world beater again, just its too soon to make any judgement in 6 months of football, 3 of which he was injured or coming off the bench for 15 mins football.
Hey man, I totally respect your opinion that Falcao will come good, but my point is that rather than write off other people's opinions as 'scapegoating' him, you'd be better to accept that those opinions are based on his performances alone, and nothing else.

No-one's scapegoating him - there's been an overwhelming (somewhat baffling) flow of, 'such a decent guy' type comments all through this thread. No verbal abuse a la Rooney, Fellaini, Young or Nani.

To accuse people in this thread of scapegoating him is unfair - it'd be like if I turned to you and said, "you only like him cuz you wanna be a t.0.p red", which I don't think, but you get the picture. It would rubbish your opinion as being false or having an agenda.

sunama

Baghdad Bob

Litch

Hey man, I totally respect your opinion that Falcao will come good, but my point is that rather than write off other people's opinions as 'scapegoating' him, you'd be better to accept that those opinions are based on his performances alone, and nothing else.

No-one's scapegoating him - there's been an overwhelming (somewhat baffling) flow of, 'such a decent guy' type comments all through this thread. No verbal abuse a la Rooney, Fellaini, Young or Nani.

To accuse people in this thread of scapegoating him is unfair - it'd be like if I turned to you and said, "you only like him cuz you wanna be a t.0.p red", which I don't think, but you get the picture. It would rubbish your opinion as being false or having an agenda.
Nah, not saying anyone's is wrong, as nobody's is right. It's not fact or a science and the reality is LVG is playing him anyway, he sees him daily and he picks the team.....I don't like him anymore than any other utd player, I was exactly the same with Felliani when others had their strong views about him, it was too early to comment.

Litch

She was in Manchester on Saturday (at Di Maria's birthday party) so it's fair to say yes

Congrats family Falcao :)

Hopefully she plays for England in the future ;)

At least we know why he couldn't see the board.......!!!! Mr Falcao wears glasses

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He certainly has a very eccentric style of dressing doesn't he :lol:

Great news for him, I just wish he could re-ignite the old Falcao and start blitzing teams away. Feels strange to have Falcao and not want him to play, but right not his form just doesn't deserve a start.

Bwuk

Found myself watching old Falcao at Atletico videos on youtube last night.

If only he was still that player. An absolute monster of a striker.

bishblaize

Found myself watching old Falcao at Atletico videos on youtube last night.

If only he was still that player. An absolute monster of a striker.
I know, absolute beast in his day. What jumps out is the range of goals. They're not just all long range efforts. There's every type of goal with both feet.

What strikes me when you watch him now compared to them is that its his confidence that's gone. His best goals rarely rely on being stronger or faster than the opposition. Rather they tend to be incredibly cunning - lots of goals curled in from tight angles, or chipped when you don't expect it, or shots taken really early.

The Law of Denis

What strikes me when you watch him now compared to them is that its his confidence that's gone. His best goals rarely rely on being stronger or faster than the opposition. Rather they tend to be incredibly cunning - lots of goals curled in from tight angles, or chipped when you don't expect it, or shots taken really early.
His second goal vs Chelsea when he scored 3 is the best example of this. He stops at the edge of the box, evades a defender, takes a long look at the far corner and beautifully curls it in.

For the people saying he was just a poacher check out his game vs Real in the copa final. Great all round performance and a beautiful asset from the first goal, where he out muscles 2-3 players before playing a great through ball.

louvega

Van Gaal should play him as lone cf for some games before discarding him. And with a proper 10 behind.

I think this whole 2 fowards thing just doesn't work for him, and for the rest of the team.

saivet

Van Gaal should play him as lone cf for some games before discarding him. And with a proper 10 behind.

I think this whole 2 fowards thing just doesn't work for him, and for the rest of the team.
We can't really afford to be risking that.

bananaman

When you look at this video, his movement was much better, his confidence was up. He was getting better every week and then it just stopped and went backwards.
heartbreaking cos I was so excited when we got him, im a huge fan.
But I cant see him staying, unless he has already been told and thats why hes playing as he is?

Successful

Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)
She was in Manchester on Saturday (at Di Maria's birthday party) so it's fair to say yes

Congrats family Falcao :)

Hopefully she plays for England in the future ;)
Nothing could piss me off more than seeing this idiot walking around in his fashion clothes. Just look at those tight jeans with that iphone 6 shining through and that little yellow shopping bag probably worth more than what the average fan earn in a full year of HARD WORK. All my anger of this will eventually be projected on LVG if he don't get his FAT ASS up from the bench and send this piece of GARBAGE back to Monaco in a box before the end of this month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm 100% sure this kind of treatment is what causes all these losses! Just imagine being the other guy who produce more than Falcao and still get to sit on the bench (Herrera, Mata, Januzaj ETC). THERE ARE PLAYERS WE'VE SENT AWAY THAT PRODUCED MORE THAN YOU EVER DID YOU SHINY BASTARD. Do you realise you're down there with the likes of Bellion, Miller, Djemba Djemba and all you do is post stuff on fecking twitter and walking around with your bought wife?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Kostur

海尔的老板
Nothing could piss me off more than seeing this idiot walking around in his fashion clothes. Just look at those tight jeans with that iphone 6 shining through and that little yellow shopping bag probably worth more than what the average fan earn in a full year of HARD WORK. All my anger of this will eventually be projected on LVG if he don't get his FAT ASS up from the bench and send this piece of GARBAGE back to Monaco in a box before the end of this month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm 100% sure this kind of treatment is what causes all these losses! Just imagine being the other guy who produce more than Falcao and still get to sit on the bench (Herrera, Mata, Januzaj ETC). THERE ARE PLAYERS WE'VE SENT AWAY THAT PRODUCED MORE THAN YOU EVER DID YOU SHINY BASTARD. Do you realise you're down there with the likes of Bellion, Miller, Djemba Djemba and all you do is post stuff on fecking twitter and walking around with your bought wife?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
What the feck.

Fast, to the batmobile Mental Football Forum Posts thread!

ravi2

Couldn't find the white text, were you high when you posted this or something?

walsh

I sincerely hope this is a joke post or you need mental help. One of the worst posts I've ever read if genuine.

Successful

Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)
Couldn't find the white text, were you high when you posted this or something?
I sincerely hope this is a joke post or you need mental help. One of the worst posts I've ever read if genuine.
You guys need to get your ass to a real football stadium if you think this was bad. My points are fully valid and I'm not taking back a single word of it. The player cut our arms up when asking for his money - now we want what we've been promised. That kind of money = get the business done no matter what. If you guys think he's worth defending then it should be you heading to the mental institution.

ravi2

You guys need to get your ass to a real football stadium if you think this was bad. My points are fully valid and I'm not taking back a single word of it. The player cut our arms up when asking for his money - now we want what we've been promised. That kind of money = get the business done no matter what. If you guys think he's worth defending then it should be you heading to the mental institution.
Are you seriously a MUFC fan?
Your mentality leads me to believe that you must be a city fan.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
You need a doctor.

Raw

What the feck are you doing?

mu77

scape goated - please where can i sign up. ffs , posters on here are a fickle bunch calling out hernandez , rooney , danny danny danny etc for years. this guy isn't a scapegoat he's a striker that can't score and should be benched. he'll do better in italy for juve at 10-15m plus his huge wages. simply been sold a damaged player. most of it came from our expectations that he'd be our batigol.

Andy_Cole

Oh my...

Status
Not open for further replies.