Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Well done you for knowing who Columbia were playing.
It's just ridiculous people think him scoring against pub teams that RedCafe members could beat means he'll be in confident mood for scoring against Prem opposition.

And before anyone says Yeovil/Cambridge, etc...he couldn't even score consistently against them.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
It's just ridiculous people think him scoring against pub teams that RedCafe members could beat means he'll be in confident mood for scoring against Prem opposition.

And before anyone says Yeovil/Cambridge, etc...he couldn't even score consistently against them.
So you think these goals will have no effect on his confidence?

Him putting a penalty in the top corner isn't an effect of him scoring 2 the other day? There isn't the possibility that a few goals will increase his confidence?

I think every striker who has ever suffered a dry spell in front of goal will say that a goal, any kind of goal, would boost their confidence.

Sheldon69

There's something about him that's likable and im not sure what it is .
If I found him in bed with the wife Id probably make him a brew .
He's got one of them faces .
I so wished he would do well for us and im not sure why im saddened by it given how much money he's earning

ItsEssexRob

Has a slight gambling problem
Supports
Chelsea
I so wished he would do well for us and im not sure why im saddened by it given how much money he's earning
With the money i'd blackmail out of him for selling the story i'd make him some beluga caviar wine.

JUPITER

It's homoeroticism.

Nothing wrong with it, but that's what it is.

Last edited:

Spark

Don't get me wrong, I really want him to go straight back into the team and score a hattrick in every game from now on - his chant is quality, but I'm finally contempt that he's shit.

Falcao is shit.

Falcao is, shit.

Shit Falcao, is.

Shit Falcao scored against shit Bahrain (who are worse than shit Cambridge) and shit Kuwait (who are worse than shit Yeovil).

C'est Moi Cantona

If we could flog RvP for £20 million, and buy Falcao for the same fee, and lower wages then i'd be for that, he 'could' just come good and reveal his true self, RvP on the other hand just seems to have lost his edge, and for me his interest.

Not going to happen though.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
If we could flog RvP for £20 million, and buy Falcao for the same fee, and lower wages then i'd be for that, he 'could' just come good and reveal his true self, RvP on the other hand just seems to have lost his edge, and for me his interest.

Sell a striker who still provides 15 goal a season when fit (and his fitness record has actually been fine) and buy a striker who provides 5 goals a season?

Rykker_4united

Supports
Keep Rodgers at Pool.
3 goals against any opposition is good and that was a confident and perfect penalty. If he scored against Villa next weekend some of you would still look for a reason to criticize.

Sarni

15 goals?
Yeah. Scored 18 last season, is on 10 goals in 25 games this season and would have probably hit 15 if it hadn't been for his recent injury. He won't reach 15 now because he's not going to play match in match out in the final 8 games I believe.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
3 goals against any opposition is good and that was a confident and perfect penalty. If he scored against Villa next weekend some of you would still look for a reason to criticize.
Do you believe he should start over Rooney as a single striker?

bishblaize

Yeah but RVP would be in the last year of his contract, while we'd be signing up Falcao for a 4 yr minimum. That changes the risk considerably.

Mojo_

its more fun being a feeder
I really want to see Falcao come good in these last few games; he won't start over Rooney though, fact no matter what. The system we are now playing would probably suit him best too. It hasn't worked out for him alongside RVP, nor with Rooney in midfield. 4-4-1-1 is perfect for him and unfortunately I feel its too late to give him a run. Such a shame. He'll probably end up back in Spain next season and will be prolific once again.

As mentioned above; I'd take a punt on him at £20m for sure

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22

We'd need to be Dick Turpin to get 20m for RvP at this point. If he leaves us it'll be for 8-10m or on a free next year. As for Falcao, penalty or no penalty, confidence or not, we'd need to see him banging them in consistently for the next 8 weeks if we're to even consider paying those wages for another season.

Sarni

I really don't understand why people say they'd take a punt on him at £20m. Even in decent form he'd still be a 29-year old striker who has had injury problems in the past two seasons, £20m would be contentious in this scenario. Now add his utterly terrible form and lack of significant contribution for the team in the past year and you're left with basically no justification for spending £20m on him.

Roman Bellic

Prick
He isn't though. I'd be fuming if my club paid £20m for Falcao right now!
Put Falcao in Arsenal or Chelsea and watch him flourish, he isn't flourishing in United because he has lost that World Class ability to score goals in a team where strikers aren't being served, Rooney still has that ability.

Sell Falcao to Arsenal for £20m and put him in front of that midfield that worships strikers and watch him perform his magic.

Sarni

Put Falcao in Arsenal or Chelsea and watch him flourish, he isn't flourishing in United because he has lost that World Class ability to score goals in a team where strikers aren't being served, Rooney still has that ability.

Sell Falcao to Arsenal for £20m and put him in front of that midfield that worships strikers and watch him perform his magic.
What is this based on? His finishing has looked terrible here.

Adam-Utd

how many times has he actually been 1 on 1 ? Giroud takes 7 one on ones to score, which just goes to show you the type of midfield Arsenal have.
Or maybe it shows you Falcao's lack of pace to get onto anything. Every time he runs behind a defence he gets caught within a second!

Roman Bellic

Prick
Or maybe it shows you Falcao's lack of pace to get onto anything. Every time he runs behind a defence he gets caught within a second!
Which is why i alluded to the fact that he probably needs a team where he has to be at the right place at the right time and not have to run.

Adam-Utd

Which is why i alluded to the fact that he probably needs a team where he has to be at the right place at the right time and not have to run.
Which is great, but that isn't us. Like you said he can go to a team and have them built around him, but even his finishing has looked poor for us. That match against Tottenham away was the eye opener for me. He never hit any of his shots cleanly and kept stumbling over his own legs.

Roman Bellic

Prick
Which is great, but that isn't us. Like you said he can go to a team and have them built around him, but even his finishing has looked poor for us. That match against Tottenham away was the eye opener for me. He never hit any of his shots cleanly and kept stumbling over his own legs.
I was replying to someone saying Falcao isn't worth £20m to a team like Arsenal, scroll up.

saivet

He wouldn't get games for either of those teams.

saivet

Mourinho loves to collect strikers and Falcao would thrive under Wenger.
Drogba and Remy hardly play and he wouldn't get in ahead of Giroud. The way he's played, he wouldn't even get in ahead of Welbeck either.

Status
Not open for further replies.