5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

izec

Those flop signings after a few motnhs has to be the worst kind of journalism. After 2 months they write about worst signings already. Pathetic.

I remember the poll 2 years ago from Marca that Modric was the greatest flop of the summer, just after a few months where he struggled to get into the team. Now undroppable and a bargain. You cant just write a player off after a few months, especially this type of players.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
He makes Eurosports top 10 worst signings page :houllier:. Total bullshit given half the players they have on there weren't even brought in for the reasons they are slamming them for. There have been plenty of signings much worse than him.

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blog...2-worst-signings-of-the-season-163713502.html
I love the 15m £ part, he wasn't earning that with Monaco and there is no reason to assume that United is paying Falcao's taxes.

Edit: And where is Felipe Luis ?

Last edited:

Shark

@NotShark

El Zoido

He makes Eurosports top 10 worst signings page :houllier:. Total bullshit given half the players they have on there weren't even brought in for the reasons they are slamming them for. There have been plenty of signings much worse than him.

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blog...2-worst-signings-of-the-season-163713502.html
Joke of an article. There's been some real crap on Eurosport recently, they ran an opinion piece saying all derby games should go to penalties if still 0-0 after extra time, after the Liverpool - Everton was deemed to be a letdown. Says a lot about the site that I couldn't figure out if the guy writing it was on a massive wind up or was actually serious.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
That article is just daft.

Alexis Sanchez is a world class player at the age of 25. He will be great for Arsenal if they keep him around and he offers them more penetration in attack than their typical playmakers do along with now Welbeck, Walcott and Chamberlain. He was a good buy, just not the buy that everyone was expecting Arsenal to make.

Luke Shaw was expensive, but with home-grown rules, his talent and professionalism taken into account it's a good buy on paper.
He already has loads of premier league experience as well.

Didier Drogba certainly is a better 2nd/3rd alternative than Torres. They upgraded their choices on the front this year, and Drogba is a beloved character both amongst the fans and their squad, and has only respect for Mourinho, so I don't expect him to bemoan his position in the squad. Money really isn't a big issue for Chelsea either with no loans and loads of valuable talents around, and their first team already settled with the exception of replacing their main central defenders.
Besides, they let Eto'o go. I'm fairly certain that Drogba ain't earning shitloads more than him.

Eliaquim Mangala is a very talented and physical central defender.
What have experts and sofa-managers said about Manchester City for some time? They needed another quality central defender. Mangala was expensive but he is very young, gives them another good option at the back and could potentially end up as one of the very best defenders in the game. Bad buy how exactly?

Rio Ferdinand to QPR is a given on the field.
But if they end up not having him as a first choice, he will give them experience during trainings and a good leading character.
All in all a most-likely bad acquirement, but he was initially a free-transfer and with a sensible wage-package he is worth the punt.

Mario Balotelli is a walking (not running) catastrophy, but for the 18 million Liverpool reportedly paid for him, at that time during the transfer-window i don't think they were completely looking in the mist. He is undoubtfully talented but mentally screwed, he still might turn it around at Anfield. But certainly one of the worst buys so far. Again, still young and could grow to be a Liverpool talisman.

I really don't know much about Emmanuel Riviere, so i won't comment on how he plays.
But for 5.5-million it's surely worth a punt on a relatively highly rated player from a league Newcastle have had decent luck with from before, who is still just 24.

Carlos Sanchez could just need some time to bed in at Villa, still at 1-5 million pounds it's really not much money to pay for someone who did well at the world cup. It's a punt, it may turn out bad and it may turn out good. Way too early to tell considering he came from Spain who plays football very different from the English style.

Ben Davies himself might do well, but the fact that Spurs paid money as well as giving Swansea Sigurdssson you can give it a claim as the worst transfer - if not for the potential of him being a decent player for Tottenham which he can grow up to be at the age of just 21. Tottenham needed another left-back and they already had Eriksen, Lamela & Holtby who can play in that role. It's not a huge loss for them to let Sigurdsson go, though it's a great gain for Swansea.

I have no idea about Brown Ideye and haven't watched him at all. Price seems steep so i'll give them that one.

The loan of Falcao is just stupidity to include. People have claimed Van Persie might not be up for it, Rooney having his off-form periods, Chicharito being useless at anything but finishing (but he has been useless at that for quite some time as well) and Welbeck being more of a "team-player" than an out and out striker - yet it's insisted that acquiering one of the best strikers in the world (first on loan to check his long-term fitness) is a bad idea? Even if the reported 15 million fee was true, you'd still have to consider that we don't know if it knocks off some of the price of the potential transfer-agreement.

Seems like they were so interested in making an article with a negative tone that they just had to spout some shit.

TheGame

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
There's not even a name to that article. It's only "by Eurosport". I don' bother even reading this kind of stuff if there isn't a name to it and it's meant to be taken seriously.

Jerch

Judging player by 4 games in which he didn't even play all game. Just joke.

Putting Shaw there is even more a joke. Or putting there Sanchez (he wasn't bad), Rio (came for free and is first team player for QPR) and Drogba (was brought in non formal assistant/player role and he is there just for the numbers). And Lukaku must be a flop. After last season of flopping Everton paid their record fee for him? Maybe he wasn't in the best form lately but saying after already one very good season that he is a flop is a step to far.

And yes i am one of those people who will rather give one or two seasons to player before making any judgements. Some hit the ground from the start, others needs time to adapt because it isn't the easiest job coming in the new country and adapt.

And about Falcao. His finish against (i think) Canada showed how good a player he is. To bad it was disallowed. I am confident that he will start banging them in sooner rather than later.

ItsEssexRob

Has a slight gambling problem
Supports
Chelsea
I love the 15m £ part, he wasn't earning that with Monaco and there is no reason to assume that United is paying Falcao's taxes.

Edit: And where is Felipe Luis ?
He wouldnt be there, hes just not played, when he has hes been pretty good. Its just Cesar and Ivan are in terrific form.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
He wouldnt be there, hes just not played, when he has hes been pretty good. Its just Cesar and Ivan are in terrific form.
I have nothing against Felipe Luis and don't think that he is a flop but if they were pertinent Felipe Luis should be with Drogba, Ben Davies or Even Shaw who was injured. It is weird to forgot Felipe Luis when he is a starter who failed to start.

JUPITER

Starts on the bench tonight with RvP obviously still in the starting line up. Falcao must have taken a knock then, because that decision can't be based on the form of either player.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Starts on the bench tonight with RvP obviously still in the starting line up. Falcao must have taken a knock then, because that decision can't be based on the form of either player.
van Gaal said it's to do with the fact he arrived two days later and from South Africa. It's justified, van Persie's poor form is irrelevant.

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
Easy get out for LvG, that one. My guess is he always wanted to try one striker before the Chelsea and City matches, and the internationals gave a reasonable excuse for benching Falcao.

Very disappointing for those of us who thought Falcao would kick on from here, especially with how disappointing Van Persie's been.

Last edited:

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Very disappointing for those of us who thought Falcao would kick on from here, especially with how disappoint Van Persie's been.

I think we all need to accept that RVP is undroppable Unless he's injured he will be one the first names on the team sheet week in week out.

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
I think we all need to accept that RVP is undroppable Unless he's injured he will be one the first names on the team sheet week in week out.
It's looking like it.

It's more of a choice between Adnan and Falcao than RVP vs. Falcao. Radamel will score tonight anyway.
Yeah, it shouldn't be though. I hope you're right with your prediction. At the end of the day the points are all that matters anyways.

ottosec

Falcao played in New York midweek and he has been performing at most at the same level as RVP...

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
He was a handful with the few minutes he had and made their defenders work and hassle far more than RvP did.

Rykker_4united

Supports
Keep Rodgers at Pool.
He has a knack of keeping the ball in tight spaces. He did more in his 20 minutes than RvP did all game.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
He has a knack of keeping the ball in tight spaces. He did more in his 20 minutes than RvP did all game.
Yep, he seems strong and capable of good close control in tight spaces... also has a bit of Suarez' luck of balls bouncing on chins and then back to his feet.

Rykker_4united

Supports
Keep Rodgers at Pool.
Yep, he seems strong and capable of good close control in tight spaces... also has a bit of Suarez' luck of balls bouncing on chins and then back to his feet.
yeah, shame there was not much getting into open spaces in the box at the end, seemed like West Brom had 15 players in the box for the last 5-10 minutes

Sam

Looked good in his cameo. One of the very few positives of the night.

Red Devil 26

Premature Examination
Certainly looked hungry when he came. Would have done a better job of attacking Di Maria's crosses than any of our other attackers on show.

Winrar

Falcao's goal record looks terrible on paper but most of his appearances were through substitution. Plus he's contributed more to the team this season than Van Persie has I feel.

One reason not to trust statistics.

ZDwyr

Play him ahead of RvP. He's more mobile and seems to actually care. Impressive strength on the ball, his low center of gravity definitely helps.

LR7

All those delicious first half crosses (mainly from Di Maria) - I'm sure Falcao would have gobbled a few up if he was on the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.