Rafael da Silva | 2010-14 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil may care

Never stopped running tonight, his best season for us quite comfortably. He has the fire in him to become a team leader, I hope he's a lifer here.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
He'll be at United for life. Out of the young ones he seems to love it the most here, and I can't see him moving anytime soon. I hope he does too because he's close to being the best in his position already, and at the age of 22 !

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
He should continue to flourish under Moyes also. Just look at how Coleman is this year, and he was similarly bought for peanuts and moulded into a great wing back. We all know about Baines too.

Tibs

Love him.

Hope Fabio gets a chance next season to play 10-12 games for us next season

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
What a great gesture. Already love the lad but he's gone up even more in my estimation.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
The T-shirt. Legendary. Rafael is one of my favourite players.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Even Fabio was paying tribute to SAF on Instagram, gems these twins are, I'm telling you.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
£200k for him and Fabio. Immense.

Knew in his first year here he would be an amazing player. Love him.

ricky-romeo

what a fantastic purchase from sir alex. he can do a gary neville and our right back spot is well sorted for the next 10 years. 3 PL winners medal to his name as well. impressive.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Both seem to have a very humble personality and dont forget where they are coming from. Rafael is already a fans favourite and it is easy to see why, as he's not just an incredible talent but also has all the mental attitudes

wonnie

£200k for him and Fabio. Immense.

Knew in his first year here he would be an amazing player. Love him.
I think it was his debut (or seemed like his debut) when we lost 2-1 away to Arsenal in maybe 08-09?

G Neville was being targetted and struggling all game so Fergie brings Rafael on and BAM. The lad put in an amazing 20 minutes, full of vigour, tenacity, pace, skill and capped off with an amazing left foot volley.

With some players (provided the effort is there) it's just written in the stars.

ricky-romeo

You could see how amazing he was going to be from 10 minutes into his debut against Peterborough or someone. He was like a huggable Dani Alves
yeah. that pre season game. he has to wait for about a year before being able to play for us because of that brazillian rule with players under 18 , i don't remember the exact rules actually but he was in training with united for a year before his debut season.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
The Peterborough debut blew me away. Similar sort of feeling to when Ronaldo had his first game against Bolton.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
You knew the lad was the shit when he come on against Arsenal and he was driving us forward and scored a cracking volley, all the whilst on the pitch with Rooney, Ronaldo and Berbatov (maybe even Tevez). I loved it yesterday when he was singing his heart to 'He scores goals galore....', he gets it Rafael.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
Left out of the Brazil squad for the Confederations cup.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
That's bullshit, who have they got for the RB spot then, Dani Alves and?
This is the squad:

Goalkeepers: Júlio César (QPR), Diego Cavalieri (Fluminense), Jefferson (Botafogo)

Defenders: David Luiz (Chelsea), Thiago Silva (PSG), Réver (Atlético Mineiro), Dante (Bayern Munich), Marcelo (Real Madrid), Filipe Luís (Atlético Madrid), Daniel Alves (Barcelona), Jean (Fluminense)

Midfielders: Paulinho (Corinthians), Fernando (Grêmio), Luiz Gustavo (Bayern Munich), Oscar (Chelsea), Hernanes (Lazio)

Forwards: Bernard (Atlético Mineiro), Lucas (PSG), Hulk (Zenit St Petersburg), Leandro Damião (Internacional), Fred (Fluminense), Neymar (Santos).

Looking at the defenders I assume it is Jean who will be the other right back as it says he can play right back on his wikipedia page.

Joemo

whistling in the wind
From Wikipedia

Jean Raphael Vanderlei Moreira or simply Jean (born June 24, 1986 in Campo Grande), is a Brazilian footballer who plays for Fluminense. Mainly a defensive midfielder, he can also play as a right defender.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
What's the story with Brazil not picking him? What's not forgiven for?

Back on to the Rafa love-in. Love the guy. Glad he seems to have toughened up and matured physically. Kept getting knocks and niggly injuries in his early days from going in a bit too rashly. He's still a little hard bastard, going in full blooded, but he just bounces off and carries on. The kid is nails.

Favourite Rafael moment was getting in Carlos Tevez's face, whilst Carlos Tevez looked like he was shitting himself

"Don't you know I'm loco?"

I'll be surprised if Rafael doesn't stay with us for the long haul. I believe his heart has always been set on United before he joined us. Photos of him as a youngster wearing United shirts, so it seems like he was always a fan.

I don't mean to get all homo, but doesn't he just look adorable, all the time? I just want to give him a big hug, take him home, make him some beans on toast and let him watch cartoons.

Joemo

whistling in the wind
He's a 30 million pound player according to lots of newbies.
Name me a right back of that age or thereabouts who has the potential that he does. Actually, name me a right back of that age or thereabouts who is as good as Rafael is presently.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
He's a 30 million pound player according to lots of newbies.
He is 22, already a cracking rb and only to get better. I would gladly tell feck off to anyone giving 30 million for him. Don't forget his attitude as well.

Your take on it seems pretty short-sighted even if right now his market value isn't quite close to 30 million.

Status
Not open for further replies.