Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
Where else is he supposed to run? Vardy was throwing himself in front of him.
Well, considering Blackett was blocking the goal, he could have stood off, gone more to the right and cornered him off.
He gave Vardy the chance to go down. It's not like he's never played at this level. He knows players might go down easily if you go in behind them.

And if he was last man, fair enough - but he wasn't and he actually didn't have to go behind him. He could have done things differently and the outcome would have been different.
He had other spots to run to and a man supporting him.

Got wound up.

Doesn't take away from the guys dive or the ref's mistake, but again, you would definitely see someone like Zabaleta do it differently, so it was avoidable.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Watch the gif. He literally does nothing to Vardy, Vardy shoves into him (in the box) and theatrically falls to the floor. There's nothing Raf could do.

He pushes him slightly. Mind it was a dive but Rafael should have seen it coming especially after that foul and Clattenburg obsession to get them back in the game

Jev

Lets stop being naive he pushed him, not as hard as the non league level player did before but he did pushed him.
He did absolutely nothing to warrant a penalty. He defended within the laws of the game. Nothing to do with retaliation.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Well, considering Blackett was blocking the goal, he could have stood off, gone more to the right and cornered him off.
He gave Vardy the chance to go down. It's not like he's never played at this level. He knows players might go down easily if you go in behind them.

And if he was last man, fair enough - but he wasn't and he actually didn't have to go behind him. He could have done things differently and the outcome would have been different.
He had other spots to run to and a man supporting him.

Got wound up.

Doesn't take away from the guys dive or the ref's mistake, but again, you would definitely see someone like Zabaleta do it differently, so it was avoidable.
He fell for the oldest trick in football. The idiot.

Lu Tze

He pushes him slightly. Mind it was a dive but Rafael should have seen it coming especially after that foul and Clattenburg obsession to get them back in the game
Watch it again. He doesn't push him at all, Vardy barges into him again in the box, then flops.

justboy68

The usual bollocks about his rashness no doubt will be spouted now. I don't know how he managed not to tear Twattenburg's face off after that. 2 atrocious decisions in the space of 5 seconds. Completely laughable.

montpelier

Yep. Rafael's literally done NOTHING wrong there :lol:.

Vardy's playing for that pen all day long. The infuriating part is hell get away Scott free. :lol:
If you know a player is looking for a pen in circumstances where one might be given - avoid any contact. It is the most piss-poor of piss-poor decisons though.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
If you know a player is looking for a pen in circumstances where one might be given - avoid any contact. It is the most piss-poor of piss-poor decisons though.
Yeah, agree with that - but if he leaves the player to run in on goal and the player ends up scoring - he'd get slated as well.

He's lost his head in the past, but I really can't fault him for the refs feck up.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
I've always been one to criticize him for rashness, and take the fury of the fanboys for it. But I certainly only see a Clattenburg gift in this case. Ridiculous.

ZDwyr

Thought Rafa showed composure and maturity. People saying he needs to "grow up" but he has. The old Rafael might have legitimately given a penalty away but he didn't today. Hopefully LvG sees it this way too.

JonDahl

You've been fouled and it's not been called, the striker is running into your box with the ball and you're desperate to get back into position. How, at any point, do you expect him to be thinking about whether a striker is "looking for it" or not? His first thought, should, and was rightly, let me get back and try to prevent him from getting a free pass across the area.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Thought Rafa showed composure and maturity. People saying he needs to "grow up" but he has. The old Rafael might have legitimately given a penalty away but he didn't today. Hopefully LvG sees it this way too.
Come on, everyone could see that the second he got up after being barged over he was going to go in clumsily.

he has a reputation for it, and I wouldn't be surprised if Clattenburg gave that penalty on that rather than what he saw. Which is not right, but whose fault is it for sewing the seed?

PvsNP

He needs to control his temper. Rafa shouldn't have given Clattenburg the opportunity to give the pen, even though it was a dive.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Come on, everyone could see that the second he got up after being barged over he was going to go in clumsily.

he has a reputation for it, and I wouldn't be surprised if Clattenburg gave that penalty on that rather than what he saw. Which is not right, but whose fault is it for sewing the seed?
Yes, a reputation from 4 years ago. Clattenburg is a twat. He proper bottled the call to give the foul on Rafael, and should get demoted for a good few weeks because of it.

ZDwyr

Except he didn't go in clumsily?

Kag

His reputation was the reason that was called as a penalty, not his challenge. Mud sticks, and he needs to do something to change that.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
All he had to do, was jockey him and let him cross it in, which was minimal danger.
Instead, easy chance to score, and it ignited them, and worryingly we couldn't hold off such a sh!T team!

JonDahl

He needs to control his temper. Rafa shouldn't have given Clattenburg the opportunity to give the pen, even though it was a dive.
So basically you wanted him to leave Vardy to do whatever the feck he wanted, in our box?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yes, a reputation from 4 years ago. Clattenburg is a twat. He proper bottled the call to give the foul on Rafael, and should get demoted for a good few weeks because of it.
4 years ago? He's still reckless, or "keen" whatever you want to call it.

I still love him though, but I defy anyone who saw him get up after that barge to not think "sh!T, he's going to foul him here"

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
So basically you wanted him to leave Vardy to do whatever the feck he wanted, in our box?
let him cross it, off balance, left foot yes. Not much danger compared to a free shot from 18yards!

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
4 years ago? He's still reckless, or "keen" whatever you want to call it.

I still love him though, but I defy anyone who saw him get up after that barge to not think "sh!T, he's going to foul him here"
He got the reckless tag from that champions league game against Bayern and ever since it's stuck with him.

OneUnited24

Anyone whos actually looking to blame him after that really needs their head checked.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Felt for him for the pen. The push from Vardy was ridiculous, then he actually tries to avoid running into Vardy, who backs into him and falls over theatrically. That really changed the game, and turned everything on its head.

ZDwyr

He's given the guy the chance to go down, so I'd say that is clumsy. And naïve.
Rafael all over.
There are heaps of incidents that are similar to the Rafael one where the player doesn't go down though. So unless all those other defenders are going in clumsily...? He got up and tried to pressure Vardy into a mistake. Vardy just fell over. Rafael did nothing wrong.

montpelier

Yeah, agree with that - but if he leaves the player to run in on goal and the player ends up scoring - he'd get slated as well.

He's lost his head in the past, but I really can't fault him for the refs feck up.
Aye, think on this occasion one can ave some sympathy with him being cheesed off too, having just been bowled over. Still don't think he's a naturally good defender though. Pouring forward at OT when the game's won, he's looks excellent. And with better defenders around him too, perhaps.

Anyway, that's enough 'idiotic agenda' from me. I'm off to write to the FA about Mr Twattenberk. :). And drink a lot of beer.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Felt for him for the pen. The push from Vardy was ridiculous, then he actually tries to avoid running into Vardy, who backs into him and falls over theatrically. That really changed the game, and turned everything on its head.
That's how I saw it. I thought Rafael had a decent game. Most of their goals came down our left not our right.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
He got the reckless tag from that champions league game against Bayern and ever since it's stuck with him.
If you think that's the only reckless thing he's done you can't watch many games!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
There are heaps of incidents that are similar to the Rafael one where the player doesn't go down though. So unless all those other defenders are going in clumsily...? He got up and tried to pressure Vardy into a mistake. Vardy just fell over. Rafael did nothing wrong.
We'll have to agree to disagree on this.
I think the second he raced up and back at Vardy, the ref was on red alert to give a pen. Vardy was cynical, shielded the ball, got a touch and we were all cursing.

Yet not for one minute thinking it'd be that serious.

Get In Scholesy

I honestly cannot criticize him for what he did today for that penalty decision. I really do not see what else he could have done. Just lay on the ground after the foul? Imagine the bollocking he'd get.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
They did, Rojo was pretty shocking today, and Blackett was to blame for several of the goals too.
That 4th goal was outrageous.

It was a moment of, what's that f'cking massive hole in the middle!! Blackett, drop back into it for f'cks sake, don't just stand there neither closing the man on the ball down, or dropping back.

Real shocker.

Status
Not open for further replies.