Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bwuk

And Rafael has been great for us. Clyne has been good going forward, but defensively he's very average and completely unaware of his surrondings.
That same statement about Clyne could describe Rafael a lot of the time. Rafael was poor last season, and has barely played this.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
That same statement about Clyne could describe Rafael a lot of the time. Rafael was poor last season, and has barely played this.
And Rafael was far better than season before last than Clyne has ever been. He's already been MOTM in one of last three matches he's played, and was key in the QPR game. It's like people want to add more players to downplay how good he actually is.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
Its not scandalous at all. You sound like an elitist, only players who have played for one of the big teams are worthy of high praise it seems. I don't even rate Coleman that highly, im just saying he's shown that he can be just as good an attacking fullback as any
That may sound elitist, but the problem is suggesting Coleman is a better player than Alves sounds idiotic. Either you are actually overrating Coleman, or you've never seen Alves during his best years at Sevilla and Barcelona.

What worries me is Rafael is always seen as young and learning, and people let him off with rash mistakes because of this.

He's what, 24 and been playing week in week out when fit for years now. I really hope in the summer we get another right back to give him competition, and for when he's injured.

I love him but I think we over rate him on the caf. Zabaleta, Ivanovic, Coleman and arguably Clyne are better than him at the moment.
You've left the other 15 in the league though.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Ah now. I like Coleman but there's no way he's better going forward than Dani Alves.

Goals are great but they're not everything.

There's no way Clyne should be in this debate either.

Loublaze

ATLien
That may sound elitist, but the problem is suggesting Coleman is a better player than Alves sounds idiotic. Either you are actually overrating Coleman, or you've never seen Alves during his best years at Sevilla and Barcelona.

You've left the other 15 in the league though.
Idiotic you say? Where did I say that Coleman is a better fvcking player than Alves? I thought we were talking about and comparing their attacking play? All I did was bring up their strike rate, one aspect of offensive play and I correctly stated that Coleman's scoring record is more impressive. Alves only scored twice last season and zero before that. His goalcoring has steadily decreased every season since he joined Barca, with his best return coming in his first season there in 2008/09. Coleman has scored just 2 goals shy of the number of goals Alves has scored for Barcelona and he did it in half the number of games. Even when you factor in his Sevilla strike rate, Coleman still has a better goals to games ratio for his Everton career compared to Alves Sevilla and Barcelona careers. Alves kills Coleman when it comes to assists, so it evens it up for me. Look at the fvcking stats, you're taking a lot away from Coleman because of who he plays for.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
Idiotic you say? Where did I say that Coleman is a better fvcking player than Alves? I thought we were talking about and comparing their attacking play? All I did was bring up their strike rate, one aspect of offensive play and I correctly stated that Coleman's scoring record is more impressive. Coleman has scored just 2 goals shy of the number of goals Alves has scored for Barcelona and he did it in half the number of games. Even when you factor in his Sevilla strike rate, Coleman still has a better goals to games ratio. Alves kills Coleman when it comes to assists, so it evens it up for me. Look at the fvcking stats, you're taking a lot away from Coleman because of who he plays for.
It's idiotic to suggest that Coleman is better at going forward than Dani Alves. It's actually beyond idiotic, it's outrageous.

footballgirl07

Seeing as this thread as got a little sidetracked, back to Rafael smile to calm it down again:):
Text: #manchesterunited #smile

fontaine

Ful Ful Ful Member Full Member Full Member
God, all this backlash and he has been getting 7 to 8/10 performances this season. Imagine when he has a bad game

DWelbz19

A lot of fans appreciate Rafael and I'm sure he's a fans favourite for the match going fans as well. The vocal minority here can suck it and keep watching Clyne.
:lol: It's honestly bizarre. The lad has started the season brilliantly coming back from fitness and absolutely loves the club, yet many just want to berate every error -however minute- he makes.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Zabaleta was just as shite as Rafael last year and he wasn't being managed by David Moyes.

roykeane19

Rafael is one our few players in our first XI , who plays for the shirt with pride, On top of that hes also a good player

So I dont understand, and never have the amount of unwarranted hate he gets

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
My only complain with Rafael is his injuries. If he could get a good run of games under his belt we'd really see the best of him again.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
God, all this backlash and he has been getting 7 to 8/10 performances this season. Imagine when he has a bad game
He has been one of our best players so far. Fair enough, he had a bad game against Leicester but which United player didn't? Personally I don't blame him for the penalty either as it was a dive from Vardy. Rafael could have been more intelligent and disciplined by avoiding contact on the blind-side of Vardy but if I was Rafael I would be questioning Clattenberg's sense of perception. If a physical 'shoulder-barge' from Vardy seconds earlier wasn't a foul, how can a slight brush on Vardy be considered a penalty?

m1y2

Zabaleta was just as shite as Rafael last year and he wasn't being managed by David Moyes.
He still was our top 3 performer, the reason why people calling him shit is that he got sent off in one match and maybe had one more worse match later but he was very consistent anyway that season which was disrupted with injuries. And still he was able to perform straight away coming back from injuries which is quality of a top matured player. Yes sometimes he's a little crazy and tends to overreact but that's what we love, don't we? It wasn't his best season under Moyes but noway it was a shit season

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Nah, Rafael definitely had a shit season last year. I wouldn't really blame him for that though as almost everyone had a shit season and he had his injury problems on top of that. Tbh there was no real way he was going to be brilliant in those circumstances.

Surprised to see a few people saying Rafael gets unnecessary hate here though. I'd have thought he was very popular on the caf. He's certainly one of my favourite players even if I don't quite rate him as highly as others do atm.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Appears to have a good partnership and understanding with Herrera forming, haven't seen much comments on it.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
Appears to have a good partnership and understanding with Herrera forming, haven't seen much comments on it.
Probably not as notable as it's not your typical right side partnership of a fullback and winger.

Sam

Yeah, Herrera definatly favours that little pass out wide to Rafael. Its almost like his 'get out move', when he's under pressure he'll look for Rafa.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I've noticed this as well. I think, with Rafael on the right, Herrera may feel more comfortable to drift out to the right knowing that Rafael's around to support him. Herrera and Rafael can prove to be a very fruitful partnership, I feel. Herrera himself can do well out wide, but since he's rarely played there, he doesn't drift out often enough. With Rafael around, our right side will become much stronger.

Manucho the boss

Yeah, Herrera definatly favours that little pass out wide to Rafael. Its almost like his 'get out move', when he's under pressure he'll look for Rafa.
But any player in that position would be there to receive the pass, I don't believe it has anything to do with Rafa.

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
But any player in that position would be there to receive the pass, I don't believe it has anything to do with Rafa.
Yeah, I was going to say this. Centre midfielders tend to pass to the full backs a lot. If they're under pressure - the full back is usually in lots of space.
Not sure it's a partnership or even an understanding. Herrera might drift towards there, but that's just how he plays.

Man Utd 2:1 Everton

DWelbz19

He and di Maria have been a level ahead in the past couple games, in my opinion. Ander too, but he's out at the minute.

Krits

If he stays if the will be one of our most important players this season. He adds so much to our attack. Long may his reign continue.

footballgirl07

That cross that ended up being Di Maria's goal, amazing! Defended really well and something others don't pick up on, his heading ability. Always seems to be in the right place and has made some great headed clearances today. Hasn't stopped running all match either, constantly powering down the right.

Lu Tze

Really needs to get a fit season under his belt. I think if he gets that one fully fit season he'll be able to put together a consistently fit run, just like RVP has managed. And he's fkin brilliant when fit.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
It's great to see him finding some of his best form again that he first showed a couple of years back. Really promising.

Skills

Snitch
His crossing has improved a lot. Gets excellent shape/curve on them.

justboy68

He was bloody phenomenal in that half. Must have covered 10k as well, he was up and down like a brides nighty on that right hand side.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Rather have Clyne. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.