Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

bleedred

Its so good to have him back...Missed him so much in the first three games... Perfect Wingback...

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
I actually thought he would struggle to be effective offensively due to using a diamond and no overlap fro the likes of Valencia, which he thrived off in the past. He has proven me wrong in the past couple of games, and he has stepped up defensively too. Let's hope he cracks on this season and stays fit throughout, because we are that much more dangerous when he is going forward.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Even with his inconsistent crossing he has everything you can ask from your fullback attacking wise. He is great, it's ridiculous how much he means for our attacking play.

okLaptop1

Supports
Minnesota Vikings
Just as Rooney playing well was a harbinger for his suspension, I can't shake the feeling that Rafael's form is just a teaser before his next knock. Hope I'm wrong, we're clearly better with him at right back.

ZDwyr

Was good again. Great to see that he has got some form going. Just needs to stay fit now.

Ash_G

Thought he had an excellent game. Nicks in ahead of people really well. As ever he just needs to stay fit.

Trizy

If he stays injury free we're in for a treat, absolutely love the guy :drool:

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
So great to have him back to his best.

Raw

Every time he goes in for a challenge I cringe a bit in fear of his knees blowing out or something. He's so important for us right now.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
Was my man of the match until De Gea turned into catwoman. Great game from Rafael, and so good to have him back. Hopefully no new niggles are on the horizon.

Get In Scholesy

I've said it many times. He is the best right back in the league. When fully fit and on form, no one is on his level, his issue is that it seems a rarity for him to stay fit for a long period of time.

justboy68

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think every single thing he did today he did perfectly (bar a couple of crosses after great runs forward)...and he did a hell of a lot. My outfield man of the match.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Was very good today. I think this formation suits him too, gets plenty of opportunity to show what he can do going forward.

Also shows what a massive difference having a proper RB makes rather than having to make do with a CB playing out of position.

Timdbro

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think every single thing he did today he did perfectly (bar a couple of crosses after great runs forward)...and he did a hell of a lot. My outfield man of the match.
Pretty much yeah, did the right thing every time we were attacked down our right side, which was very often.
Brilliant performance, yet not a word from the 'rash challenge on Vardy' folk.

footballgirl07

Quality game from Rafael again. Solid in defence and put in some great defensive headers. Forward wise, had a couple of poor crosses but that ball which lead to the first goal was superb. Again, always an outlet down our right and was constantly bombing forward. When Oviedo put in that late and unnecessary challenge I winced but Rafael got up and was fine. One of my motm.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Don't care what anyone says. Best RB in the league. Just stay fit now.

montpelier

Very good going forward isn't he? But needs to improve his crossing.

I'll go 8/10 today. But still think he's dodgy defensively and always will be.

There we are.

The Raf fanboys are out in force aren't they? :)

Fbh112

squelchy shoes
Non-stop today and had an excellent game. Joy to watch and he really does look like he is back to his best. Hope that he stays injury free as he is such an asset and brings so much drive and quality to the side. Playing like that he'll soon be reversing his detractors opinions of him- still not thought much of outside of United.

stu_1992

Long may this form continue. If it does he can finally silence the naysayers and show the potential that United fans know he has.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Very good going forward isn't he? But needs to improve his crossing.

I'll go 8/10 today. But still think he's dodgy defensively and always will be.

There we are.

The Raf fanboys are out in force aren't they? :)
Looks like the anti-Rafa squad is holding on by a thread, ey? How can you give a defender an 8/10 then say he's shit defensively :lol:

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
Rafael has been on fire since the penalty, show's his mentality as a man, he won't let anything get him down.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
He's outstanding.

Stay fit you beautiful little man and at least one piece of the defensive puzzle is in place. Let the world continue with the myth that you're a hot headed loony.

montpelier

On what basis?

Today for example, what exactly about his defending did you consider dodgy?
I'm going to say he didn't have a direct opponent today and there was a couple of crosses that went in near him. He doesn't match up with a man when crosses go in towards the back post - when the back post is his area if you see what I mean. Look I'm also busy praising Valencia against the 'haterz' so we need to conclude that I'm right and you're all wrong fairly soon.

I can go to 8 1/2 today possibly but that's it really, this best RB in the League/World is silly talk tho.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
I'm going to say he didn't have a direct opponent today and there was a couple of crosses that went in near him. He doesn't match up with a man when crosses go in towards the back post - when the back post is his area if you see what I mean. Look I'm also busy praising Valencia against the 'haterz' so we need to conclude that I'm right and you're all wrong fairly soon.

I can go to 8 1/2 today possibly but that's it really, this best RB in the League/World is silly talk tho.
Zabaleta has been shaky this season putting it lightly, other than Ivanovic who else has been great at Right-back this season?

Status
Not open for further replies.