Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
Rafael is 24 and hasn't made much progress in three years. He's injury prone to boot. If we're serious about challenging the likes of Bayern and Real Madrid next season we need a dependable RB. Too much sentimentality with him. Fabio was just like him, injury prone as well but the difference is Rafa had no competition whatsoever so he got more games while Fabio couldn't usurp even a declining Evra.
They did look very similar.

caid

I think the patience (at least up to this point) was justified tbh.
When fit hes been very good and looked one of the best rb's in europe.
Hes been put up against some great wingers and handeled them reasonably well.

I dont know, seems a few managers in a row dont really rate him so you have to question his training or mentality.
Hes been dropped for valencia for a few games now though.
Is that because Van Gaal doesn't have a left fb so wants to stick with the 3-5-2 till shaw is fit too?
Can understand valencia being preferable as a wing back.

Or is he dropped because van gaal just doesn't rate him?

Kazi

Should start tomorrow and he'll show everyone his worth. Come on Rafa, don't feck up.

::sonny::

Should start tomorrow and he'll show everyone his worth. Come on Rafa, don't feck up.
He won't start, Young on the right, Shaw on the left

He is a calamity, and LvG understood this, fortunately.

Kazi

Ehh, we should have started him at RWB and Young on the other side. Shaw was man-marking on corners so maybe that has something to do with why Rafael didn't start today.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Better than Spurs, so will hopefully start the next game and get a run going. He's vital to our attacking play down the right.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
Did ok when he came on. A close comparison with Clyne coming up soon...

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
How did he do? I missed most of the second half.
A blessing for you then. :smirk:

As regards Rafael though, it is as much about the fact that he'll take a chance and try something where Valencia/Young will not. This could be exemplified by a couple of occasions where he he cut inside and drove at their defence with the ball rather than crossing.

JoaquinJoaquin

Should start vs Yeovil and then get a run behind him hopefully, will be needed with Valencia and Young now out.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
I thought he was looking a little like himself compared to the Spurs calamity. Found it surprising that he didn't start though really... I'm not sure if LVG doesn't rate him as a wing back, or just doesn't rate him full stop.

Devil may care

A blessing for you then. :smirk:

As regards Rafael though, it is as much about the fact that he'll take a chance and try something where Valencia/Young will not. This could be exemplified by a couple of occasions where he he cut inside and drove at their defence with the ball rather than crossing.
That's one thing I like to see, it's why I always preferred Nani to Valencia, I'd rather see a player deemed an attacker try something and fail, than not try at all.

You lucky git.
:lol:

Did alright, nothing wrong, nothing special that makes you take notice. Not enough time to really have an impact probably
It's also a new position for him really, I guess now with Young injured him and Shaw will resume their normal roles in a back 4.

Gannicus

I remain a Rafael admirer, but wouldn't mind seeing Varela brought up or Coleman brought in to challenge him for the right back spot.

Loublaze

ATLien
I remain a Rafael admirer, but wouldn't mind seeing Varela brought up or Coleman brought in to challenge him for the right back spot.
You do know that Varela is at Real Madrid B on loan right? I don't think he's coming back.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
so how many seasons do we have to play with backup right-backs until people realize that we cant rely on Rafael? Its possible to have injury pron attacking players, because its easier to rotate in this area, but defenders have to be stay fit for the majority of a season or they become a burden.

Jev

He's not first-choice anyway. It has become pretty obvious that LVG prefers Valencia, at least in the 3-5-2. Think it's basically 50/50 in the 4-4-2.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
so how many seasons do we have to play with backup right-backs until people realize that we cant rely on Rafael? Its possible to have injury pron attacking players, because its easier to rotate in this area, but defenders have to be stay fit for the majority of a season or they become a burden.
Like all of our defence then?

Getsme

Like all of our defence then?
This is it really, we can’t talk about injuries as a reason to get rid of a player without getting rid of our entire backline, we would need to buy about 7 or 8 players FFS.

finneh

This is it really, we can’t talk about injuries as a reason to get rid of a player without getting rid of our entire backline, we would need to buy about 7 or 8 players FFS.
Not only that but is Valencia really that bad of an understudy? I think Rafael and Valencia are an adequate first and second choice full back. Obviously if Rafael can't get fit we need a new right back, but it certainly isn't a priority in my opinion. We need a winger, a central defender and possibly even a box to box CM before a right back.

Last edited:

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
:lol: made of glass

Bring in a new right back immediately.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
Smalling or Jones at RB again. Feck. Gotta get that new RB this month.

poisson

broken record, best ignored.
feck it, make a bid for clyne. that's both full back positions sorted for the next decade or so

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
A right back has to be bought this month, even if it's a stop gap like Srna.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
How the feck. Didn't seem injured. I love the guy but we can't have a first choice player as injury prone as him. Buy someone else, keep him as cover and if he gets over the injuries, all the better for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.