Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Hang on, what's this injury talk? Didn't Shaw come off at the same time? Can't both have been injured surely.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
so how many seasons do we have to play with backup right-backs until people realize that we cant rely on Rafael? Its possible to have injury pron attacking players, because its easier to rotate in this area, but defenders have to be stay fit for the majority of a season or they become a burden.
I think the whole centre back scenario is far more pressing. We've got 3 there who make Rafael look ever available.

justboy68

No way we should sell but we should definitely by a (first choice) right back who can be relied upon to play more games than not.

Godfather

We have to move in January now. It's an absolute must. feck all that "we don't do short term fixes". It's exactly what we need right now. We have no freaking fullbacks.

jem

Got injured, played shit again, Coleman here we come!
If that's true, then replacing him is an absolute priority (and yes, Coleman would be ideal.) I like the way Rafael plays (ie. he's not afraid to actually drive forward and beat a man,) but he is incapable of staying out of the treatment room.

Kag

Just not acceptable. Such a shame. A right back is probably our biggest priority, to be honest.

Bojan11

No way we should sell but we should definitely by a (first choice) right back who can be relied upon to play more games than not.
Why shouldn't we sell? If he can't stay fit then there's no point keeping him.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
I'd say the penny has dropped now. He's a popular player and a likable lad, but I think we're all fed up with him now at this stage.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Okay, so maybe it's an injury we can't really criticise him for. But still, he is ridiculously injury prone.

Crashoutcassius

I'd say the penny has dropped now. He's a popular player and a likable lad, but I think we're all fed up with him now at this stage.
Exactly. Enough is enough and it's bad luck for the lad but we need a right back. Really hope we won't be paying him 100k+ to sit on the bench we have enough of those players

RedMachine03

Poster of Articles
@DTguardian: Louis van Gaal here in press conference says Rafael da Silva has a fractured cheekbone and Luke Shaw has ankle injury #mufc

Godfather

How long can one be out with a fractured cheekbone? Put a helmet on him and be done with it.

Roboc7

Should be bidding for Clyne or Coleman, both are at least as good if not better and aren't always injured.

Kakeru

This is fecking ridiculous. The more it goes, the more I want both Tony Strudwick and Steve McNally to get sacked for getting poor return on our players' fitness and health levels.:mad:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Fractured cheekbone apparently, while Shaw has an ankle problem yet again. Great.

justboy68

Why shouldn't we sell? If he can't stay fit then there's no point keeping him.
He's still young and has a lot of quality, plus loves the club and probably isn't on that much money (by United standards). If the injury problems persist for another few years then maybe we'd unfortunately have to consider it but not until then for me. I'll admit I love Rafa more than most others here so I understand people thinking otherwise.

Kag

Fractured cheekbone. I think we should all calm it a little, in fairness. That can happen to anyone at any time.

Superpolfcb

Don't know how some can blame him for this. This injury has nothing to do with being injury prone, a lot of bad luck.

Agree we should buy another RB, but people seeing a fractured cheekbone as a reason to stop believing in him...

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
SOS Seamus Coleman.

We'll probably have to pay an exhorbitant amount, but feck it, lets get him.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
A fractured cheekbone is hardly something you can pin the blame on him for. Luke Shaw was a 30 mil left back and all he's done is spend time in the treatment room. I'd say we should buy a right back though, Valencia isn't good enough. Coleman has been average this season too, and Clyne wasn't wanted by hardly anyone before this season so I'd rather we don't overspend like we did for sicknote Shaw.

ChaddyP

Am I the only one that is shocked that we only changed to back 4 because they got injured

itso 7

Unfortunate but that will be his undoing here because I don't see LVG tolerating this beyond the end of the season. I like him very much but it's time we sign a first choice RB and relegate him to a squad role, how can we have any fluency in our play when players are always in and out of the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.