Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tompo

Rafael's a good player, if he can get a run going in the side he will be fine.

Godfather

Fair fecks for him to play through that injury. Must be as frustrated as anyone about this constant injuries. Can't he use a mask to play?

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
A fractured cheek can be tricky. It can be extremely painful, so even with the mask as protection, the pain (every step jolts up to the jaw) is unbearable to play. Probably be 4 or 5 days before we hear anything.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Out of curiosity does anyone know what the operation was?

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
He had a fractured cheek bone so something to do with that I guess
Yea I know. Sorry, I probably should have been more specific. I'm amazed you can have any sort of operation and be back training 3 days later, so I'm just curious what the operation was that means he can be back playing so soon.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Yea I know. Sorry, I probably should have been more specific. I'm amazed you can have any sort of operation and be back training 3 days later, so I'm just curious what the operation was that means he can be back playing so soon.
His bones would need to be re-aligned and if required fixed in places so it can heal. Its surgery on his face likely through his mouth so no reason he can't be back in training in a few days. His face may will be sore thats all.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Amazing how, when they want to roll out cliches about him, people forget the games where Rafa's been up against Bale, Ronaldo, Hazard etc. and done better than most. 2012-13 wasn't that long ago boys...

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
We've been saying that for years..
You may recall that Rafael was one of the club's highest appearance makers during the 2012/13 season, as well as being amongst the team's best performers throughout the campaign. And he actually started in excess of 25 matches last term, however like many others suffered from the tactics and general approach of the side under Moyes management.

Last edited:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
We've been saying that for years..
Well just 2 years ago he was brilliant all year. We should get somebody and have him fight for the starting position with Rafael, so either Rafael makes it his own and gets over his injuries or just remains cover and we have somebody else starting.

shabadu84

Mint? Berry?
He's been the RB for most of our best performances this season and played a key role. Still think he'll figure into LVG's plans if he can just stay healthy

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Doubt it. Both Shaw and Rafa will probably get back next week. Full weeks training whilst they've had an injury.
Don't rule it out. Shaw has been passed fit and Rafael is apparently free to play with a mask. As he's "match fit" and it's nly a facial injury and we are without Valencia and Young I wouldn't rule it out.

m1y2

so batman and robin against Soton? he should wear rugby headguard and some other stuff too in order to keep him out of injuries. Great player we will need him..

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Sadly this is probably his last chance to show he can stay fit. And this is coming fro. His biggest fan. Also, I'm not sure LVG rates him as high as Fergie. Sigh

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
You may recall that Rafael was one of the club's highest appearance makers during the 2012/13 season, as well as being amongst the team's best performers throughout the campaign. And he actually started in excess of 25 matches last term, however like many others suffered from the tactics and general approach of the side under Moyes management.
Yet before and since then he has been plagued by niggling injuries. with every season that goes past and every injury he picks up, 2012/13 looks more and more like the exception rather than the norm. It's a crying shame though. Not only is he one of our most important players, but he's also one of the most god-damn likeable.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I hope he gets a cape too.

Status
Not open for further replies.