Rafael

Ivor Ballokov

Sir Alex Ferguson could barely contain his excitement on Monday night after witnessing a debut to remember by Brazilian defender Rafael Da Silva.

The young right-back played the full 90 minutes of United's friendly win at Peterborough and did enough to suggest a competitive debut may not be too far away. His brother Fabio also impressed, at left-back, after coming on for Patrice Evra at half-time.

Sir Alex told MUTV's Stewart Gardner, "The young players were fantastic and young Rafael the right-back was a sensation for me.

"I thought it was a real eye opener for us. He hadn't played for a year but he's played a full 90 minutes today. His brother Fabio has played 45 minutes and he's also done well so we're really pleased by their contribution."

When Gardner asked if the Da Silva twins' integration will be gradual, Sir Alex responded intriguingly:

"You know what football's like. Sometimes it turns up some star, some little nugget maybe. On the evidence of tonight I think we have got a good player here."
:drool::drool::drool:

I'm trying not to get carried away but that was a bit good.

RapidRed

feck feck feck fecking feck!!!

Was caught up in work and forgot about the game.

Seeing a special debut from a promising youngster is a very rare thing, particularly one that we've got our cocks out over for the past year.

feck. Now I bet I watch the next preseason game and all our youngsters play shit. :(

McLovin

Bites pillows thinking of John Terry
Thought he looked very good today. Hopefully there's much more to come from him, future's very promising indeed.

uae

Desperately wants a tagline under his name
I better stick him in my fantasy football team then!

prateik

now seriously .. in 2 years time , will rafael be better than simmo ??

i thought simpson would get his chance soon ..

B Cantona

Desperate
So we're giving Quieroz the credit for these two without actually knowing then eh? I would assume we had a scout based at the World under 15's Championships in 2006, the time we bought them. Rafael was captain of the under 17's, dunno about back then

There's little more pleasurable in the game than to witness the debut of a player such talent and potential. I'm absolutely staggered how well Rafael especially played tonight, I really am. Look at the mentality of the young kid compared to the likes of Gray and Martin, who look tentative, don't want to make a mistake, don't yet believe in themselves. The exact opposite of the Brazilians, and thats why they made such an impression

I'm as excited if not more so than Ferguson!!! I got Da Silva fever!!!

Hope I get to see em in the flesh on wednesday, surely they'll get another chance to impress before the season starts

uae

Was just thinking how great Rafael must be feeling right now, having impressed Fergie so much on his debut.

RapidRed

There's little more pleasurable in the game than to witness the debut of a player such talent and potential.
Spot on man.... one of the most enjoyable things as a football fan. That why I'm so fecking pissed off at having missed todays game.

I hope now that he is not all hyped up before the next game and has a stinker :(

Dresilved

Very exciting stuff, from this game the boy looks like the real deal, maybe this is why SAF seemed so intent on just signing a striker, he was certainly excited by his debut

uae

Kleberson and Anderson were the only other Brazilians to play for us. So first time we've ever had more than one Brazilian on the pitch.

kanchelskis14

This must be heart-breaking for the ' :lol: ' anti-muppets who seemed to be almost willing the twins into failure since they came. Hope to see them get a run out at Wembley, haven't given up hope of getting my ticket for that one yet.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
They showed great skill and pace. There again, it was a friendly against a Second Division side.

Alex

Good that he seems like a player after all the hype

Bearded but no genius

Steady on, it was a friendly against a League One team.

But yes, it was an excellent performance from the kid - and he definitely is just a kid.