Rafael

nimic

something nice
Scout
Was he really that good, or are people being spastics? I haven't watched either, but from what I've heard, well, everywhere, Fabio was supposed to be "the good one" while Rafael would have a slightly worse chance at making it.

If we've got two young, brilliantly talented full-backs coming up, it almost doesn't get any better.

Count Duckula

I was out getting my arse handed to me in a casual game of football, so I missed this one. Was Rafael really that good? And how long did Fabio play -- it sounds like he was on the pitch for less time than his twin brother?

twitter thread suggester
Was he really that good, or are people being spastics? I haven't watched either, but from what I've heard, well, everywhere, Fabio was supposed to be "the good one" while Rafael would have a slightly worse chance at making it.

If we've got two young, brilliantly talented full-backs coming up, it almost doesn't get any better.
Fergie just said Rafael was a sensation, would you call Fergie a spastic?

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?

No he was that good, Rafael was quite good too. They were both fast, aggressive, very willing to get forward and good on the ball. Just like Evra.

They did leave a lot of space at the back though.

DaSPOT

on his face is caused by puberty
it was so good i think i creamed my undies...rodrigo, the da silva brothers,cleverly looked good all had good technical abilities and all looked un phased by pressure from defenders

Godfather

Rafael>Fabio. FACT!
You know that because?
Today Rafael had a really good performance and we can say that both of them are great projects, don't think we can already say who the better one of them is just because of one match.

But probably you watched them more often, although most other people who actually did claimed that Fabio was the better one.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
You know that because?
Today Rafael had a really good performance and we can say that both of them are great projects, don't think we can already say who the better one of them is just because of one match.

But probably you watched them more often, although most other people who actually did claimed that Fabio was the better one.
I think you took him a bit too seriously.

twitter thread suggester
Fergie used the word sensation?

Feck me, cocks out time.
Yes and he brought it up himself, the interviewer didn't even ask - Fergie also called it a real "eye-opener" and went on about how sometimes you just see these kinds of talents in the game or something like that.

He was obviously very, very impressed.

ch7

Fabio certainly made a bigger impact than Rafael at the Under 17 World Cup. However, perhaps Rafael has been more impressive in training matches which is why he was given the opportunity to start and play the full 90 minutes.
Tonight, Fabio made 3/4 runs deep into the opposition half but wasn't picked out by any of his teammates.

RedNome

Cnut Rating: 9 (Conservative)
Erm.

I said that after 12 Minutes.

Sultan>SAF :D

I said that after 9 to the missus.

RedNome>Sultan>SAF :D

What a fecking debut.

Sometimes players come along at very young ages that you just know are going to be top, top players. I have just witnessed this with Rafael.

Excellent potential in this lad, our new Paddy at right back I hope.

nimic

something nice
Scout
"He has the potential to be the next Gabriel Batistuta"

Sir Alex Ferguson on Dong

:)
Is that a genuine quote, or one of the many made up ones that run around the forum? Either way, he can't get everything right. Also, saying someone has the potential to be very good is different from calling their performance in a game with part of the first squad a sensation. :smirk:

Godfather

Useful to have full-backs like that in games against teams who are hard to break down.

His pace was unreal, as was Fabio's :drool:
True that, also as far as their technical skills are concerned I'm impressed.
I didnt have too high expectations of them both because I have never seen them before, but they really had a stunning first game for United.

KeyserSoze

Batigol > Bauer
Is that a genuine quote, or one of the many made up ones that run around the forum? Either way, he can't get everything right. Also, saying someone has the potential to be very good is different from calling their performance in a game with part of the first squad a sensation. :smirk:
Its not made up. I agree, comparing a forward to the Legend that is Gabriel Batistuta based on his play is even better praise! :smirk:

LizardKing

First Team Regular
I'm the crawling king snake and I rule my den.
Like I said earlier, I saw them last summer for Brazil in some youth competition (there was a thread on here somewhere) and they were both great then.

I'm sure Fabio scored twice in one game, I'll try and dig up a few of the quotes from the thread.

RedNome

We can play him on the wing
Agreed, and I think Sultan said the same further up too.

They could both be very useful additions indeed.

*My cock has now been out for the last two hours or so, is it OK to put it back in, it's getting rather chilly and unflattering right now :nervous:

samabachan

Football is about glory, it is about doing things
You know that because?

Who said the (fake) Germans have no sense of humour?

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
You call that humour? :smirk:

Nah mate afterwards it was pretty obvious, I'm feelin dumb now, but at least I made a good point ^^
You could have used fewer words though to make it a more efficient post to be fair.

LizardKing

First Team Regular
They play the hosts Ecuador in a couple of days.
here is a list of the top scorers, Fabio is second highest scorer in the competition, 2 more than the Uruguayan striker
LULA (Brasilien) 11, FABIO (Brasilien) 5, SILVA Santiago (Uruguay) 3, DEL VALLE Yonatan (Venezuela) 3, NAZARITH Cristian (Kolumbien) 3, LA TORRE Christian...
3-0 after just 8 minutes - 2 goals by Fabio! Fabio is the captain as always.
It's live on Eurosport for those interested.

*Sorry if it's the wrong forum, but they are not aprt of the youth acadaby nor reserves, so I thought I'd put it here
Don't know, but Fabio's the topscorer in the World Cup with 4 goals in the first two games. And that's from a defender!

Fabio looks real quality, he's a very solid defender as an addition to his obvious attacking qualities. He actually scored a 3rd goal today which was ruled out, and ran down the wing the whole game. Unhuman stamina. I'm very excited by him, although the opposition so far in the tournament for Brazil has been horrible.
Wasn't he also the top scorer (or thereabouts) for Brazil (U-17 or U-19) in another tournament played earlier this year? How come he scores so many?

EDIT - It was in the South American U-17 Championship. Lulinha was the top scorer with 12 but Fabio came second with 7 goals.
Here's some random posts I found, Fabio's a decent goalscorer too!

Kelvin

Are both of them good enough to play in the first-team?

twitter thread suggester
Are both of them good enough to play in the first-team?
They are still raw, only 18, but I'm sure we'll see them in a couple of games next season, like how we saw Simpson last season, and they'll almost certainly be starters in the League Cup games.

The League Cup will generally be very interesting this season.

RedNome

Far from it. They have to bulk up a bit and gain some experience at some other club
Nah, not for these two, they are too good.

I'd keep em at the club this season and play them in the Carling Cup and select FA Cup ties, and also with the seven sub rule this year there is no reason why they can't get some bench time in some of the lesser Prem games and throw them on when we are comfortably in the lead.

These lads are both 18, same age as most top draw players break through, and also there is a need for both left and right back cover (good attacking cover at that) this season.

Plenty of oportunities for them I think this year so I say give them a season and see how they go.

They look that good.

Edit: On another note, they are far better off under our stewardship, rather than someone elses, there is no way Fergie would let these two out of his sight.

e.cantona

Mummy, mummy, diamonds, I want them too
Great first impression from Rafael imo, while Fabio didnt really get a chance to get involved all that much really. This season we got quite a few somewhat unknown youngsters who could be a real surprise to the rest of the league, and us as well.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Well you can see the impression Rafael made on sir alex. Fergie said he'd only play the half but he wanted to keep him on. I think he's got a real chance. He had a very good game

As for Fabio, he was unlucky in a sence. It's not easy coming on as a sub, espeically with so many changes at half time. He never really got the chance to run with the ball, but you could see his running off the ball was ambitious as Rafaels. He get's stuck in like his brother and the best is still to come

He still managed an ambitious run with a slightly selfish shot (or mishit cross). Real potential this two.

LizardKing

First Team Regular
Sir Alex Ferguson could barely contain his excitement on Monday night after witnessing a debut to remember by Brazilian defender Rafael Da Silva.

The young right-back played the full 90 minutes of United's friendly win at Peterborough and did enough to suggest a competitive debut may not be too far away. His brother Fabio also impressed, at left-back, after coming on for Patrice Evra at half-time.

Sir Alex told MUTV's Stewart Gardner, "The young players were fantastic and young Rafael the right-back was a sensation for me.

"I thought it was a real eye opener for us. He hadn't played for a year but he's played a full 90 minutes today. His brother Fabio has played 45 minutes and he's also done well so we're really pleased by their contribution."

When Gardner asked if the Da Silva twins' integration will be gradual, Sir Alex responded intriguingly:

"You know what football's like. Sometimes it turns up some star, some little nugget maybe. On the evidence of tonight I think we have got a good player here."