Rafael

Feed Me

I'm hungry
I didn't see the game. These twins: realistically, are they going to be in first team contention this season?

I can't stress enough my excitement if these boys are as good as being made out. As seen with Evra, a full back as an extra attacking outlet can be a big thing in a team like United.

Any chance of seeing one, if not both against Pompey?

twitter thread suggester
Any chance of seeing one, if not both against Pompey?
I doubt it.
I think we'll use the Charity Shield game as a final run-out for the first eleven - they haven't played many games together and we've only got this game and then the Juve game before the season starts.

Then again, I wouldn't put it past Fergie considering how excited he was with Rafael's performance.

Bearded but no genius

On a very serious note, like, why do you act like such an idiot all the time? I mean, i've ignored the last few attempts over the last month or so, the one in the Berbatov thread about the cool name stuff, or even before when randomly digging up your own 'latinise our players names' thread to have a go. There have probably been more, and i've hardly even posted on here in recent months. You seem a bit obsessed, and your primary objective to discredit my posts/name than actually say anything constructive.

Each to their own i guess.
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Feed Me

I'm hungry
I doubt it.
I think we'll use the Charity Shield game as a final run-out for the first eleven - they haven't played many games together and we've only got this game and then the Juve game before the season starts.

Then again, I wouldn't put it past Fergie considering how excited he was with Rafael's performance.
That's what I thought. Ferguson was very excited indeed and his comments were along the lines of the "if they're good enough, they're old enough" idea. Let's not forget that Ronaldo was supposed to be eased in gently when he first arrived, but his progress curve was rapidly steepened after a great debut.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I doubt it.

That's the most exciting thing about this. The caftard hysteria I take with a pinch of salt, I even doubt my own eyes (cause the opposition was poor, to be fair) but it's a long time since I've seen SAF all in a dither about a young player like that. He was almost beside himself.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Maybe I'll have to bring up my FM editor, SiGames have rated them quite poorly.
Yeah, but you can just go to the forum and ask the guy (A United fan) to increase them. Though he probably saw the match himself, so if we're lucky and they get a few more performances before FM09 is due, they might not suck :D

*hides from the FM-hating mob*

twitter thread suggester
That's the most exciting thing about this. The caftard hysteria I take with a pinch of salt, I even doubt my own eyes (cause the opposition was poor, to be fair) but it's a long time since I've seen SAF all in a dither about a young player like that. He was almost beside himself.
Exactly, it's impossible not to get carried away when Fergie uses a word such as "sensation" to describe the debut of a 18 year old Brazilian boy.

That's also why it baffles me that none of the media have picked up on Rafael's performance or Fergie's quotes, I guess it's not as fun writing about as Arsenal's kids.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
I would disagree in the sense that Peterborough in the first half especially played well, created chances and really restricted us to few chances. One or two of our lads didn't perform to their best like Nani, and gray on the wing

The caftard hysteria I think is justified. I mean Sir Alex, knows a player when he sees one. We won't go overboard, but as a supporter him and fabio really in that one game have made this summer seem not so bad

In terms of fullback rafael has a good chance of getting minutes this season. Fabio might have to wait a little while but I think that could easily change

Pogue Mahone

Exactly, it's impossible not to get carried away, when Fergie uses a word such as "sensation" to describe the debut of a young Brazilian fella.

That's also why it baffles me that none of the media have picked up on Rafael's performance or Fergie's quotes, I guess it's not as fun writing about as Arsenal's kids.
The bit that got me all a quiver was when the bloke asked whether Rafael would feature in the coming season and he muttered something about "I wasn't planning on it but every now and then you uncover a star..."

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Feel sorry for which ever one of the feckers plays on Evra's side. T'other one should have an easier time of things; slightly!

Striker10

Feel sorry for which ever one of the feckers plays on Evra's side. T'other one should have an easier time of things; slightly!
that's Fabio. I think he might tested in a more advanced position but it won't be easy. having said that, can't think of a better player to learn your trade from. It's good they're similar height. Fabio can learn a lot from patrice

gh78

With Ronaldo, Park, Nani, Anderson and Rooney out for the start of the season there's a chance for maybe a midfield role. It's a long shot though.

Ace

that's Fabio. I think he might tested in a more advanced position but it won't be easy. having said that, can't think of a better player to learn your trade from. It's good they're similar height. Fabio can learn a lot from patrice
True, but keep in mind Evra is about 10 years his senior. There's plenty of time for both of these players. That said, I haven't been so excited about a youngster (in this case two) for quite some time.

Spoony

The People's President
Hang on, anyone got any clips? I didn't watch the game because I don't have MUTV. Not that it matters, I've decided he's a United legend and better than Cafu and Zanetti at their peaks.

Ralph4va.

Tibs

I hope The Real Rafa, and Fabio get a run out against Juventus. It'll make everyone at OT go crazy!

Striker10

Hang on, anyone got any clips? I didn't watch the game because I don't have MUTV. Not that it matters, I've decided he's a United legend and better than Cafu and Zanetti at their peaks.

Ralph4va.
He's worth getting mutv for ;)

Roberto Carlos said these two are like him and cafu (style wise) and he's not wrong. I'm sure someone will put up the highlights on youtube eventually

RedNome

Cnut Rating: 9 (Conservative)
Is it wrong that my cock is still out, and has been all day in work too?

I've been telling every Scouser I've come across today ALL about Raphael and Fabio, seeing as the press aren't as concerned about our kids as they are Wengers, I felt it my duty to inform :D

Striker10

I hope The Real Rafa, and Fabio get a run out against Juventus. It'll make everyone at OT go crazy!
I think Neville is back tomorrow so think he'll play. Fabio might get some minutes, especially as we've a lot of players out at the moment

francobaresi

We need to nip this ''Rafa'' shit in the bud right here and now.

His name is Raphael

RedNome

£6 a month I think it still is Spoons.

Striker10

How much are you paying for MUTV?
It's about £4 per month though maybe it'd better to get it on some foreign package or something. The reserves this season will be good

It's quite funny how most people here were excited about fabio and now after a game it's all rafael but that really just shows how good a prospect he looks.

ps: red says it's 6? I let the wife pay for it so I may have got the price wrong lol but yeah it's worth getting

Pogue Mahone

It's about £4 per month though maybe it'd better to get it on some foreign package or something. The reserves this season will be good

It's quite funny how most people here were excited about fabio and now after a game it's all rafael but that really just shows how good a prospect he looks.

ps: red says it's 6? I let the wife pay for it so I may have got the price wrong lol but yeah it's worth getting
Fabio might well be the better player. He just didn't get much of an opprtunity to shine, with Paddy Evra needing minutes and us playing the entire second-half without any strikers.

Looking forward to seeing him get 90 minutes, chances are he'll be even more impressive. Long-term, I'd like to see him groomed into a left-winger. We could do with a quality left-footed young winger.

RedNome

Ralph.

Sky phoned up earlier on, offering it for 3 quid a month. Seems cheap.
That's cheap as feck Spoons, I'll have to see how much I'm paying.

BTW the presenters are largely shite, but it's worth it for all the football, past and present, that you get on it.

I'd bite their hands of for that.

carpy

Puff the magic dragon

Ralph4va.
The entire game is available for download in the United videos sticky.

Striker10

Fabio might well be the better player. He just didn't get much of an opprtunity to shine, with Paddy Evra needing minutes and us playing the entire second-half without any strikers.

Looking forward to seeing him get 90 minutes, chances are he'll be even more impressive. Long-term, I'd like to see him groomed into a left-winger. We could do with a quality left-footed young winger.
I think that could happen. He seemed to be more advanced then his brother, so he certainly is looking to score a few. exciting times