Raheem Sterling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
9 goals 6 assists in half a season at a new club, new Lennon yeah. England's biggest talent, as he has blistering pace, close control, dribbling but also actually got good vision and is getting better and better in the final third, besidws he's literally always a threat. Funny how the English folk, try to downplay their actual talents and keeping hyping the decent ones.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Hot and cold player, but still very, very young.
My son is three. He can kick straight but not very far and is probably useless at everything else too. But he's REALLLLLLY, really young. Available to any English club for £50m+. :D

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
9 goals 6 assists in half a season at a new club, new Lennon yeah. England's biggest talent, as he has blistering pace, close control, dribbling but also actually got good vision and is getting better and better in the final third, besidws he's literally always a threat. Funny how the English folk, try to downplay their actual talents and keeping hyping the decent ones.
Hopefully...

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Does this get bumped every time he doesn't score?
Seemingly. Again, he's had an inconsistent season, bumping it every time he performs inadequately is pathetic, likewise every time he scores a goal. People are so quick to try and prove a point, either write Sterling off or highlight how right they were about his potential. Give the kid a break and evaluate him after a full season for fecks sake, he's had some anonymous games but he's also won games for City and got into UEFA's team of the group stages for his CL performances.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
People forget he's only a couple of months older than Adnan.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
OK, Bobby. Without the negativity, I will grant you Sterling has some X factor about him which you won't find in other players. Lennon comparisons are plain stupid, and he's much better than the likes of Oxlaide too. We'll even put aside his fee. The one thing you'll have started noticing about Sterling is he doesn't work well in a Barca/Pep type setting. He seems to stand out like a bull in a china shop.

Not a horrendous thing as sometimes you need something different. When it works, his one twos and skinning of people, then its beautiful. But those are brief moments and he can easily be shut out in a well drilled defensive unit. It might work out for him through age, but that's always an unknown. I'm speaking from what I've seen of him regularly at Liverpool and now at City. He's just not a league winning first XI player. For a £50m impact sub, well you need to be Barcelona, Real Madrid or just filthy, filthy rich... (the fee couldn't be ignored forever ;) )

Obiorahking_

Why does he never play in Navas's position in games like these. His pace and direct play would have wrecked havoc upon Monreal.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Agreed.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
People forget he's only a couple of months older than Adnan.
And cost £49m more. Anyone with that price tag has to perform regularly or there will be question marks. The kid is old enough to cost £50m, then he has to play like a £50m player as well. Age really doesn't matter.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
He is already a top player and will get better too. No need to downplay him because he plays for the enemy.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
And cost £49m more. Anyone with that price tag has to perform regularly or there will be question marks. The kid is old enough to cost £50m, then he has to play like a £50m player as well. Age really doesn't matter.
That would only make sense if he had any sort of influence on the fee he was sold for.

lem8sh

Not easy to get your rhythm when your teams down by 2 away from home, a lot of pressure to do everything right and you pretty much have the burden of changing the whole game.

Tough game for him but he'll come good.

EDIT: Interesting how he's shown his best performances when he doesn't have that burden (especially at Liverpool) compared to when he's been relied on.
Exactly.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Was absolutely rubbish last night, people can make all the excuses they like about the match situation but apart from losing the ball a zillion times and diving 2-3 times he did absolutely nothing.

NoPace

Was absolutely rubbish last night, people can make all the excuses they like about the match situation but apart from losing the ball a zillion times and diving 2-3 times he did absolutely nothing.
I think the only excuse worth noting is that it's only one game (45 minutes, really) and young players, especially wingers, are going to have those.

But it was funny when he almost created a penalty by being unable to complete a simple 5 yard pass to Kolarov and causing it to turn into a 50/50 with the Arsenal defender. It came on the run of multiple awful passes from Sterling.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I thought he was good, not great but good. His defensive instincts for a winger are top notch to me, so no wonder Brentan The Simpleton took it a bit further and played him at wing back against us.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Do you miss Sterling too?
Nah. I miss Suarez, because it will probably be a long time before I see a player like him in a red shirt again. He is a unique player.

At the moment, I sort of miss the singular quality Sterling could add to our attack. Besides Coutinho (and now Ibe, although he is still very headless) he was the only player we had who could make something happen on his own. But I don't especially miss him as a player and I think it won't be long before his quality is replaced in the side either.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Anyone that thinks he made the wrong decision now with Pep arriving is bonkers.

Hopefully the work Pep does with this lad will pay huge dividends on the international stage for England.

Bwuk

Hopefully the work Pep does with this lad will pay huge dividends on the international stage for England.
He'll be a guaranteed starter on the left under Pep.

saivet

He's our most talented player imo. Hopefully Pep can have a big positive impact on him. Would be a shame if he got sidelined.

Walters_19_MuFc

He's let me down since he's been at City. Yes, he's scored a few goals, but his general play doesn't seem to be at the standards it was at Liverpool. I do think Pep will like him, though. He's lightning quick and takes players on. Think Pep will probably get more goals out of him. He likes his wingers to get chalk on their boots. Stretch the play, and when the time is right, run in behind. He took Douglas Costa to the next level, and I'm hoping for England's sake, he does the same with Sterling.

Zoo

Hasn't been worth all the hassle and £49 million price tag so far.

kps88

Been disappointing but still think there's a good chance he'll come good next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.