Raiola: "I can say that it's over for Pogba at United"

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
January is going to be relentless stories of Italian clubs offering loan with option to buy for €10m in the Summer type deals.

And if he doesn't get his move Raiola will be threatening with the 'leave for nothing in 18 month' card.

SER19

Wish this would actually happen. Sounds like great news every 3 months but then time passes and he's still stinking the place out

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
It’s a good job we don’t have crowds because it would’ve been toxic towards this arsehole for the last 9 months.

I feel bad for the next set of fans who have to put up with his half-arsed performances.
He ll be looking to go somewhere where he can hide behind the tribulations of one of the world's biggest stars so he can tag along for the ride and make some claim to being a large part of whatever that/those players do instead of him, even when they're not doing so hot either. Id be surprised if he d be looking to go anywhere that doesnt have a Messi, Ronnie, Neymar/Mbappe or say a Lewandowski in front of him. If there is one mistake we clearly made its that he was brought in to fill some kind of talisman role, when its clear he prefers to be a passenger on the road to success.

Cantona in disguise

The guy is talented but he only turns up when it suits him. I personally couldn't care less if he leaves, what will annoy me is if we don't invest all of the money in the squad. Which we won't.

Litch

Why? Ole is the one manager who backed Pogba to the hilt and was also the manager under whom he produced his most striking form. Ole has tried more than most to fit Pogba in but there's only so much one person can do
We are all surmising I guess. We know from past Ole's comments like most managers, they have good reason to lie. Pogs wants to go, the club, Ole and the players know it. There is no revelation to anyone and I suspect something has gone wrong between him, his agent and the club for the timing of the announcement. I suspect there's an offer on the table that the club aren't in agreement with. Maybe things have been promised? I did wonder after returning from international duty after playing well and then was injured?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Pogba did say that we hadn’t even offered him a new contract a couple of months back and now he’s on the bench.
The way Raiola put it, it was more defeatist than anything else. So I could really see it be a reaction to United's current position.

UpWithRivers

I have no idea what Raiola or Pogba gains from this. Seriously what? Nothing. All they have done is spit on United and be a bunch of cnts. On the eve of a huge game! Thats it. Why?

cyberman

What was destroyed? February to April we played the best football we have since Fergie left. Why would he be reconsidering during this time, but not August to September when were awful. Honestly, I am really doubting Romano, he seems to just say whatever gets clicks.
Coronavirus struck

OverratedOpinion

No one cares Mino.

I am one of Pogba's biggest fans but when someone plays like crap for years then weirdly no one cares if they leave. Unfortunately Raiola says stuff like these now and then for some reason that he clearly thinks serves a purpose then nothing happens.

SinNombre

I think its there for him. We tried, God knows we did but its on Paul. Nobody just gave Bruno this position
It works for Bruno because Bruno works his socks off for the team off-ball and doesn't let his head down when we are struggling. There is a reason why we keep making comebacks with Bruno.

I would be glad to see the end of the Pogba/Raiola circus come summer. We are not going to sell him in Jan unless we get a very good swap deal.

Falcow

If we’re at the point where a few sentences from a players agent destabilises the team from this weeks task then we’ve far deeper issues than said agent.

Speaking of agents hasn’t DVdB’s agent been vocal since he joined. . .
Well clearly he is no Fergie when it comes to mind games but this type of stuff all contributes to unsettling the dressing room, it certainly doesnt help anyway.

Yes I think he was, at least early on. Some of them probably feel they need to justify their exorbitant fees.

RoyH1

Feck Raiola.

If I'm the club, I'd ask Pogba to publicly contradict Raiola. If he doesn't, I'd send him to play with the reserves until another club coughs up 80 million (100 million if its Juventus).

EireRed_GS

What was destroyed? February to April we played the best football we have since Fergie left. Why would he be reconsidering during this time, but not August to September when were awful. Honestly, I am really doubting Romano, he seems to just say whatever gets clicks.
Covid ruined their last chance of getting a big payday contract out of us. Plus bruno was on fire performing game in game out, showing pogba up for how shite hes been in general when its been his turn to step up and shine.

DoomSlayer

If we’re at the point where a few sentences from a players agent destabilises the team from this weeks task then we’ve far deeper issues than said agent.

Speaking of agents hasn’t DVdB’s agent been vocal since he joined. . .
No, that wasn't VDB's agent but it's cute how the Pogba fanboys try to play the same card. :lol:

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
The wrong translation was what it was at the time. This is different, Raiola being Raiola (an asshole to football clubs). That Paul wants to leave, it's not news. I'm not blind to that fact and have said I'm fine with it as long as the club gets a good deal and reinvest in the club.
What did you really expect from me :lol: ?
To blame Pogba for allowing his agent, a man on his payroll, to say stuff like that in middle of the season and before big games, and to show some respect for his current club.

Litch

If this were true, you would assume it would involve a pay cut. No way could he justify being one of the clubs top earners.
.....The offer is from another club, not from Utd. I suspect he is looking for a move in Jan and the club aren't willing to agree? Something has happened for the timing of this. I suspect he's not alone.....

Castia

Good.

Top player on his day, shame that’s few and far between. We won’t miss him, he’s bang average for the majority of games.

Remember when he used to pick up the ball and sprint through midfield? can’t even remember the last time he did that.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
.....The offer is from another club, not from Utd. I suspect he is looking for a move in Jan and the club aren't willing to agree? Something has happened for the timing of this. I suspect he's not alone.....
Right ok, I thought you meant you suspected we’d made an offer.

This whole situation has been a disgrace, and as a club, we should give Riaolas players a very wide berth in future.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
To blame Pogba for allowing his agent, a man on his payroll, to say stuff like that in middle of the season and before big games, and to show some respect for his current club.
I solemnly blame Pogba then :lol: although I don't see why it matters to you. I have my mind up about this whole thing a while ago, I just hope for a conclusion that benefits the club overall

Norwegian newspaper says United wanted him gone for a while

Bratt

According to Dagbladet United have wanted to sell Pogba for a while.

"Ifølge opplysninger Dagbladet sitter på, skal Manchester United ha hatt et ønske om å kvitte seg med Pogba over en lengre periode. Det skal altså være gjensidig at partene ønsker å skille lag."
Translation:
"According to the information Dabladet has been given, Manchester United have had a desire to get rid of Pogba for a prolonged period. It seems to be mutual that both parties want to go their separate ways."

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
The thing with Pogba is he probably doesn't even realise why he is on the bench so often

Steve 007

Pogba was rank in the first half Saturday, very good in the second half and scored a great goal. So as per usual when he does well, him or his agent mouths off. He’s not good enough to be a starter for us, Madrid and Barca are average in comparison to a few seasons back but I don’t know how he thinks he’s a mainstay for them either.
Please go ASAP

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Could it be a contract thing? The last thing we need is a renewal IMO. We need better midfielders than him.

tjb

Hes a bit slow the catch on this Raiola bloke isn't he. Most of us have known Pogbas time was up with United since the first time he went away on international duty and said he dreams of playing for Real. As long as he gets us a good price I'll be happy. Raiola the fat cnut can feckin do one with him. The ultimate virus this lad.
do you really believe this? he's his agent, i don't know why people want to think pogba is incendent of him, he's his representative.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
The longer i think about it, i get increasingly pissed and glad this twat is finally leaving

Jose might have been a bellend, but so was Pogba and that fecking pic he had on Insta right after Jose was sacked says a lot
Released a video training in a Juventus shirt after he had been injured for forever and there had popped up new stories about him going back there
Cant keep his mouth shut in the pressers when hes with the NT
Has his hambeast agent constantly chat shite
Has played like a pub player for about 2 seasons now
Announces hes leaving at the eve before a deciding UCL match

Feck off Paul. You wont be missed

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
I think its there for him. We tried, God knows we did but its on Paul. Nobody just gave Bruno this position
To be fair iirc he played his best football in that position when Ole first came in. Then he was moved to that shitty holding role in Ole's first full season and I haven't seen him in the #10 role since. Correct me if I am wrong.

Albin Johansson

The west ham goal doesn't mean shit. I hardly remember the quality player that we once bought and I was over the moon when it happened. He has put in a handful of decent performances since he joined and can't hold nor distribute the ball to save his life these days. And the few times he shines is when coming on as an 100M impact sub. God damn it, people are still talking about him not being used in the right way although he's been given a fair amount of chances both as a LCM and 10. The team simply performs better without him and although I love Mino the character it's not a good thing to have his fat ass sneeking around the club. It's true about the terrible timing but if we can get him out in january for >60M it's a no brainer and anything above that would be based on his brand rather than his performances because he's just not good enough on a quite consistent basis. To drag this out even further, people trying to shift focus from pogba to maguire due to their similarity in price are playing fifa, not watching games. I'm not Maguires' biggest fan and he has the mobility of a refrigerator but the man takes responsibility and is on a completely other level maturity wise as well.

VivaRonaldo85

Ah well, hope it gets concluded quickly and we can all move on. Won’t miss his circus around the club to be honest. I’m bored of it and even more bored of that slime ball agent.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
According to Dagbladet United have wanted to sell Pogba for a while.

"Ifølge opplysninger Dagbladet sitter på, skal Manchester United ha hatt et ønske om å kvitte seg med Pogba over en lengre periode. Det skal altså være gjensidig at partene ønsker å skille lag."
Translation:
"According to the information Dabladet has been given, Manchester United have had a desire to get rid of Pogba for a prolonged period. It seems to be mutual that both parties want to go their separate ways."
Ole talks back!! Through his Noogie friends! Go on. Tell him he can not get Bruno's spot, cause he is overhyped overpaid over rated dancing celebrity Diva.

saivet

Feck Raiola.

If I'm the club, I'd ask Pogba to publicly contradict Raiola. If he doesn't, I'd send him to play with the reserves until another club coughs up 80 million (100 million if its Juventus).
Provided he's not being a nuisance at training there is little point in doing something like that. From what we gather, while he wants to leave he's not exactly disliked in the training room and causing issues like a Sanchez at Arsenal.

He's still a good option, just play him when needed and sell him in the summer, no need to act petty over it with no benefit to the club.

RedTiger

Half mast
Could it be a contract thing? The last thing we need is a renewal IMO. We need better midfielders than him.
Its 90% a contract thing. I have no problem with pogba signing a new contract as long as its the same contract he has now or even better for less money. There's no way he deserves a pay increase considering he's done nothing to justify it, and that's coming from a pogba fan like me.

We have other pressing matters to contenders with other than pogbas status at the club, like getting a top DM and CB.

TonyTheYank

Don't send him to the reserves, I don't want him anywhere near youngsters. Send him home. Get rid in January. Disgraceful. Embarrassing. Infuriating.

cyberman

To be fair iirc he played his best football in that position when Ole first came in. Then he was moved to that shitty holding role in Ole's first full season and I haven't seen him in the #10 role since. Correct me if I am wrong.
It worked until the opposition adjusted to our tactics. He started getting crowded out and his need to juggle the ball and hang on to it started to kill the runs of our strikers. Everything just slowed down.

pablo__p

So...

Manchester United took him to England and helped him turn in to a professional footballer.
He left for free to Juventus.
Manchester United bought him back for a record fee.
He doesn’t give his all to the club.
Leaves for a bargain.

And still people defend him...
Also keeps disrespecting the club time after time.