Raiola: "I can say that it's over for Pogba at United"

Leonzo1

Couldn't care less. Truth is the guy is a bench player. Bruno is far superior to him as the #10 and he is a liability anywhere else on the pitch. Yeah it's good having him as an option but it's just not working for him here. A year ago it would have been a massive blow, now all that's left of him is a bit meh. Cut our losses and move on.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
We really are a laughing stock when guys like Raiola so openly diss this club. And the manager is going to keep talking like its not personal for the club with this guy. Even against West Ham despite the screamer his attitude on the pitch was lazy. And we have a crucial game with Leipzing coming up.
The heck you on about ?

Lukinho

Its time to move on from him. Pogba was always one of my favorite Players but this is unacceptable. Saying this before an important game like we have tomorrow is abolutly shit. I wouldnt play him anymore. And I know it was his agent who said but come on as if he doesnt know when he is posting something about him

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Extended Raiola comments:

If Raiola's saying this, then there's definitely some outside interest in Pogba, which should help us in getting a decent fee for him. I did notice Romeo Agresti (reliable Juventus journalist) mention Raiola's comments, too, so Juventus might be in pole position for him.

Hackman2210

Good - glad to see the back of him - hes an Albatross around the clubs neck. What we need is seagulls following the trawler because they know sardines will be thrown the the sea......... Seriously though - no cheap sale please - how about £50million plus add ons for titles, cups etc - surely we can eek the whole thing to £70million. Throw in a pie for that fat slug of an agent, michael winners darker brother and bobs your uncle.

Champagne Football

Give him to Real or Juve in January and tell them they can pay us the 50 million in 2 installments starting in 1 year. Just do whatever it takes to get something half decent for him.

Pogba has put in maybe 5 or 6 world class performances here in 4 years. He'll be remembered as one of our worst ever signings along with Veron and Di Maria etc

Red Royal

What weird timing.... Pogba played his best game in ages and looked to be on the up.... or maybe that was the trigger for Raiola.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
It was after the negotiations failed and about how the negotiations went, SAF thought that Pogba's opinion was already made but didn't told United.

Edit: I saw your edit and you are wrong about the context, it had nothing to do with patience.
It doesn't matter when it was. Ferguson said that Pogba showed a lack of respect to the club and he basically suggested "fair fecks, they can take him then". We should have known better than to come back for him, it was only ever going to end one way and the ones that called it before he kicked a ball were just tagged for bants in their user tagline, or ridiculed.

Ole's screen

Supports
KC Chiefs
Reading between the lines what I imagine is happening is we're not offering him a bumper pay rise and Raiola is posturing to see how much more he can get elsewhere. Madrid or Juve may well offer him the money he's looking for, which really is fair enough for me, but they may not. In that case Mino will just come out and shamelessly U-turn and this will kinda be forgotten.

Whats annoying is it comes out right before such a crucial game. Could it be because Paul knows he wasn't gonna be starting?

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Extended Raiola comments:

If Raiola's saying this, then there's definitely some outside interest in Pogba, which should help us in getting a decent fee for him. I did notice Romeo Agresti (reliable Juventus journalist) mention Raiola's comments, too, so Juventus might be in pole position for him.

EireRed_GS

F*ck the two of them now at this stage. The sooner we are rid of them the better.... And anyone connected with Riaola really. The club should just cut ties with him.

Riaola just wants another big move pay move. And the fact Pogba just sits back and lets him say all this time after time, shows he doesnt give a shit and is happy enough for his agent to stir the pot. It reminds me of when Tevez used to let his crook agent do the same, and Fergie knew better and cut the cord with them.

And for him to be saying "hes no longer to express himself as he would like and as expected of him".:lol: Absolute nonsense. He simply hasnt performed to the level he should have any chance he has played. (for a longg time) . It has become more and more apparent whos responsibility this is.

I think Bruno showing up and performing extremely consistently has exposed how very mediocre Pogba has actually been. IMO too its rubbishes alot of these excuses fan boys use for him not playing well; positional systems / the players around him / coaching etc etc. Unfortunetly these days players are judged more on how they look in youtube clips rather than how they can control games /perform over a number of games / or simply how much effect they have on the final result.

The sooner we are rid of the circus the better.

Mihai

The club won't exactly see it that way. You don't get rid of 8 and sign none, or one etc.
It's good that you have inside knowledge and know exactly how the club sees it. But, none of those players needs replaced. Dalot and Andreas were loaned out because they are not needed. If they needed replaced, we would've done it this year or didn't send them on loan in the first place. Grant - we already got Henderson. Ighalo - Cavani. We might be looking to buy a central defender, but definitely not to replace Jones and Rojo, given that both are either on the treatment table or out of favor all the time.

el3mel

I really hope he goes to Real Madrid. He'll get exposed there and he can enjoy the fans continuously booing him every 5 minutes a game on every terrible pass he makes. Let Perez clash with Raiola over the boos as well. They deserve this.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
It doesn't matter when it was. Ferguson said that Pogba showed a lack of respect to the club and he basically suggested "fair fecks, they can take him then". We should have known better than to come back for him, it was only ever going to end one way and the ones that called it before he kicked a ball were just tagged for bants in their user tagline, or ridiculed.
It does because it gives you the context of it and would have allowed you to not make the claim that you made later about what it meant. To make it clear, he was talking about Pogba allegedly making his decision and not telling the club soon enough.

johanovic

Throw that prick and his agent out of the door a.s.a.p....his heart has never been in it and while he´s paid more than most players in the game he and his agent do this..on the eve of the Leipzig game....this would not come out without Pogba allowing it...the fecking prick has one decent game and here we go again...Grow a pair Woodward and sell him

Dante

Average bang
What weird timing.... Pogba played his best game in ages and looked to be on the up.... or maybe that was the trigger for Raiola.
He's a highlights player. If we can sell him off the back of a couple of nice highlights, it'll mean the next team get to deal with the inevitable lowlights. This is the perfect time to consider selling.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
It's an odd situation, because he's a very valuable asset, for some reason. His price tag will be high, but who is going to pay it when he doesn't play well regularly enough? And who can actually afford him after a near-year long pandemic with no matchday income?

I think him and his snake of an agent will just piss and moan all the way to the end of his contract and he'll leave for free again.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
it's only a matter of time until we're reading about how he was never really loved at United and how beautiful it is to playing for club x after a difficult few years under managers who just didn't value him.

At no point will he reflect on his own failings at this club. Thankfully we don't desperately need the half-arsed chancer anymore, so his leaving won't change much for us. If we get a decent replacement, it could work out really well for all sides.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
It does because it gives you the context of it and would have allowed you to not make the claim that you made later about what it meant. To make it clear, he was talking about Pogba allegedly making his decision and not telling the club soon enough.
Which in turn, showed disrespect to the club. The decision clearly surprised Ferguson, the lack of transparency surprised Ferguson. He drew his evaluation from the player there, which points to alarm bells. In my opinion, no one needed hindsight to know re-signing Pogba would end this way. Which brings me back to what the poster said - Ferguson was right, Pogba is disrespectful and today he's shown it again. His agent is his spokesperson and Pogba evidently doesn't give 2 fecks what his spokesperson says about the club. So long as it enables him to engineer a tasty move away of course.

Djemba-Djemba

I really hope he goes to Real Madrid. He'll get exposed there and he can enjoy the fans continuously booing him every 5 minutes a game on every terrible pass he makes. Let Perez clashes with Railoa over the boos as well. They deserve this.
Would be absolutely fascinating to watch.

They used to boo fecking Ronaldo on occasions, so feck knows what the Madrid fans will make of Pogba jogging through a game, getting caught on the ball on the edge of his own area or giving away braindead penalties.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I really fecking hope not.

To give Pogba a lucrative new contract would be absolute madness.
That's my issue, he seems injury prone and not the best fit. I think that it's definitely time to move on.

Dante

Average bang
I actually think Raiola deserves some credit here. He's publicly poisoned the waters between United and Pogba. All of Europe knows it, and all of Europe gets to buy into his bigger narrative which might end up benefiting us.

If Pogba has a bad season, that's okay. United can make the excuse he was mentally off, and the buying club shouldn't worry about paying a big fee.

If Pogba has a good season, that's also okay. We'll get a big fee regardless.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
When is his contract up and how much do you think we could get for him? if it´s till 2022 I reckon it could be around 50-60 mil in the current market. Didn´t do us any favour with his injury record which didn´t help him in his performances and will pull his price down.

We should reinvest that money and get a proper replacement in midfield. Another year of McTominay, Matic there or even VdB as a CAM will mean even more mediocrity. Grealish would be perfect to take turns with Bruno, shouldn´t settle for lesser talent. Obviously would get a lot of minutes on the LW, in diamond or on the right too if we want to give him some minutes of Mata/Lingard which are off.. Don´t think Villa could turn down 70-75 million for him. I think there is a mutual deal between him and the club that he can move if they get a reasonable offer= bigger 20-30% higher than the fee he would go before signing the contract. Didn´t we do the same with Ronaldo?

Who else would be your replacement for PP? I reckon the player should be a great dribbler with flair, ability to score and create while working hard which Grealish is imo, that profile of player is missing in our squad in midfield.

RedDevil@84

I really hope he goes to Real Madrid. He'll get exposed there and he can enjoy the fans continuously booing him every 5 minutes a game on every terrible pass he makes. Let Perez clash with Raiola over the boos as well. They deserve this.
If PSG becomes an option, Pogba will choose that. Don't think he will make the mistake of going to Real.
PSG is more assured and he can continue to be a French hero.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
@kouroux wrong translated again? Or not Pogba's fault that his agent, man on his payroll, is talking for him, once again?

Djemba-Djemba

That's my issue, he seems injury prone and not the best fit. I think that it's definitely time to move on.
I think giving De Gea the new contract was a mistake and giving Rooney the contract in 2014 was a huge mistake.

This would be the worst decision of the lot.