Raiola: "I can say that it's over for Pogba at United"

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
So...given a) his contract situation and b) the current market...can someone provide me with a realistic scenario in which Pogba leaves in January for a half-decent fee?

Who wants him? Who's willing to pay enough for him so that we won't be out of pocket to a ridiculous extent?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Pogba was a free agent, he didn't engineer a move, he took a decision that he was entitled to take. Where SAF is right is that, if it's true that he took his decision early then he should have simply told the club. And it's also worth remembering that we are retrospectively judging a teenager surrounded by adults.
If I'm being honest in retrospect I don't think SAF was right to air his feelings because we need to keep in mind that Pogba was 18 years old, it's not really an age where most people are assertive enough to share important decisions to the world, particularly when they could stil change their mind and you rarely do things perfectly at age anyway.
Pogba was a youth player with us wasn't he? On the brink of earning a full time contract with the first team squad, which was well reported to be in talks for during the season he left. He might have been a free agent by technicality but what seems evident is that his decision to move on was made before it was made known, and sure he was within his right to do what he did, but it didn't fit well with what Ferguson expected from his players.

It might have been harsh to blame that on an 18 year old, as you put it. But Pogba is now 27 and clearly hasn't changed. This was always going to go one way - I might be the least surprised member of the forum at this development.

mav_9me

When I saw other United players say how misunderstood Pogba is I was questioning myself for wanting to sell him. I thought you know what maybe they do know a different Pogba and they love him. He can't be too bad if that's the case. But this to me removes any lingering doubts.

Surely we can get 30-40m pounds for him from someone in Jan or summer?

The-Natural

Always seems a bad omen when stuff like this comes out before a massive game that the player is expected to start. Can't even elaborate on that just something in my bones makes me less optimistic about the match tomorrow. Cheers Mino.

mav_9me

So...given a) his contract situation and b) the current market...can someone provide me with a realistic scenario in which Pogba leaves in January for a half-decent fee?

Who wants him? Who's willing to pay enough for him so that we won't be out of pocket to a ridiculous extent?
How much is enough? I would be more than happy with 30-40m pounds and reinvest in another DM or CM.

Green_Red

Hes a bit slow the catch on this Raiola bloke isn't he. Most of us have known Pogbas time was up with United since the first time he went away on international duty and said he dreams of playing for Real. As long as he gets us a good price I'll be happy. Raiola the fat cnut can feckin do one with him. The ultimate virus this lad.

RedDevil-85

So nice of Raiola to come out with this now a day before our biggest game of the season..:houllier:
feck this guy and feck Pogba for allowing this cnut to say this now.

Wonder what Olde does now,can he trust playing Pogba tomorrow? Will Pogba give his best? Why would he if he is unhappy and wants to leave.His head is probably already gone.

Very much doubt we will get a good price for Pogba now with these comments,but happy to see Pogba leave in january,seriously sick to death of this guy and his fecking scumbag agent.

cyberman

FIFA are introducing a cap for Agent fees next summer, thats why theres a sudden push for January.

SirNicholas33

Its time to move on from him. Pogba was always one of my favorite Players but this is unacceptable. Saying this before an important game like we have tomorrow is abolutly shit. I wouldnt play him anymore. And I know it was his agent who said but come on as if he doesnt know when he is posting something about him
Yeah this is where I am as well. If he said all of this privately, I wouldn't mind at all. If it came out a year later that he said he was unhappy to OGS/Woodward, felt it was best for both parties, this isn't working, etc. then I wouldn't mind at all and would agree with him. Doing it publicly on the eve of the most important match of the season, then you have the City match coming over the weekend...it's just unprofessional.

Time to move him. If Juve will pay 50mil, then sell him today. Say you agree to terms and he's a goner on January 1.

Reactions: Sultan

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
We are not getting that much money for him anyway. If we were a ruthless club (which we are not), then we should just tell him and his agent to keep their mouths shut and work hard in training and games, otherwise he won’t play for us anymore and therefore will not be fit for the Euros.

piesel

Can see him going to Juve and get a Morata-like career revamp.

Ronaldo's ego

Incorrectly predicted the 2020 US Election
I'm better than Messi (even though I'm not)
He’ll end up in France or Italy where he can prance around and walk a few league titles, in the process conning some into thinking he’s a world class player. Sooner we get rid the better, so the club should start working now on his departure and a replacement.

mav_9me

Not nearly enough. Would want to see us get 65+ at the very least.
Who knows but I dont see anyone paying 65+ for him with 1 to 1.5yrs left on contract. Hopefully I am wrong.

Btw whoever said PSG is spot on. They'd suit each other perfectly.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Sell him this winter, not only we will save another 15m+ salary (1 year salary), we may still be able to ask for 50m - so that saves us 65m!

He is only a bench player anyway.

EireRed_GS

As proven last match, Pogba can still be world class, when he is on form.

So 50m, any takers?
:wenger::nervous: I hope thats a joke!

brutal first half / half decent second / cracking goal.

Im struggling to remember any United games where ive left OT and thought 'that was a world class performance form Paul there'

Id snap 50m off anyone at this stage to be done with it all!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Good news in my opinion. Opens the door for someone like Grealish, just get what we can for Pogba this summer now €50m would be fine.
Yep. We can sweep straight in for that Newcastle bloke.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

My guess is that Juventus are strongly interested in him. A few months ago, @dev1l was talking about how a few Italian journalists were reporting Raiola meeting up with Juventus to plan a transfer for Paul Pogba. I think these recent comments are because Juventus are strongly interested in him and want him ASAP to improve their season.

Can they afford him? I'm not sure, but when Juventus badly want a player, they'll do whatever they can do get him. That should, hopefully, play into our hands and allow us to recoup some of the large fees. I wouldn't also be surprised if Raiola gets a decent commission for luring Pogba away from United.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
:wenger::nervous: I hope thats a joke!

brutal first half / half decent second / cracking goal.

Im struggling to remember any United games where ive left OT and thought 'that was a world class performance form Paul there'

Id snap 50m off anyone at this stage to be done with it all!
Well don't say that, how are we supposed to get 50m from him?

EireRed_GS

So nice of Raiola to come out with this now a day before our biggest game of the season..:houllier:
feck this guy and feck Pogba for allowing this cnut to say this now.

Wonder what Olde does now,can he trust playing Pogba tomorrow? Will Pogba give his best? Why would he if he is unhappy and wants to leave.His head is probably already gone.

Very much doubt we will get a good price for Pogba now with these comments,but happy to see Pogba leave in january,seriously sick to death of this guy and his fecking scumbag agent.
Do we still get 5 subs in the CL? Id start the prick and haul him off unceremoniously after 3/4 minutes and tell him to go straight and wait on the bus

or do a Jose special & sub him on and sub him off again 5 mins later :wenger:

HJ12

I'm so desensitised about what Raiola has to say about Pogba because its become so tiresome. The timing of this though...day before effectively a knockout champions league game...what a chop.

SplitzMagic

Swap for Hazard or Varane? :D

If not let's try squeeze 70m for him from Real so the Glazers can have their dividends ;)

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Pogba was a youth player with us wasn't he? On the brink of earning a full time contract with the first team squad, which was well reported to be in talks for during the season he left. He might have been a free agent by technicality but what seems evident is that his decision to move on was made before it was made known, and sure he was within his right to do what he did, but it didn't fit well with what Ferguson expected from his players.

It might have been harsh to blame that on an 18 year old, as you put it. But Pogba is now 27 and clearly hasn't changed. This was always going to go one way - I might be the least surprised member of the forum at this development.
First I have to highlight that, you described the only possible and universal scenario it can't be made known before it's even made and it wasn't going to be made known at the moment he made his decision.:)

As for the rest both situations are unrelated and nothing alike. Today Pogba isn't an ideal fit for United and United aren't an ideal fit for Pogba and Raiola suggesting that Pogba and United could part ways is the opposite of Pogba not telling United that he is leaving when United wanted to keep him. Also one thing that you could consider is that maybe United are the ones who told Pogba that he was expendable.

Svartzonker

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2022/23
Juventus get Pogba, we get Bentancur. Problem solved. Win/win.

Judas

Open to offers
Great player, but I do not give a shite anymore. It's just not worth the hassle at all, rather have someone less talented and far more consistent and reliable at this point.

EireRed_GS

Well don't say that, how are we supposed to get 50m from him?
I wish we could still play that narrative these days trying to flog him with loads of youtube clips.:lol: But unfortunately its a the stage now where other clubs I think have smartened up and realised hes a liability alot of the time.... As someone posted earlier, 'a highlight player'

Jericholyte2

Sell in January for £60-70m and invest in a CB (Upamecano / Konate) or CM (Camavinga / Zakaria).

r3idy

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Let him go, take the loss on the chin and get him out of the club. Not every single player or talent is covered by Riola, so lesson learned here for the board.

Get a director of football in place who knows how to work with agents like Riola, he is playing us like a finely tuned violin at the moment.

Amethystxx

I will be in meltdown state, if we doesn't have Bruno.

But now we have Bruno better, younger and 100% commitment with us.

I really doesn't care anything about Paul.

Bye

ForeverRed1

If he can play a positive role for us in the time he has left I'd rather he do that than rot on the bench. That may be a pretty big if though.
hmmm I guess. I just feel like this has happened too many times now. It’s really not good for the dressing room and for morale.This Discussion could of been had during the actual transfer window, why now? The eve of the biggest game of our season. Sick of it, sick of him. It’s feckery from him and his team and we are waaaay too big to pander to him and his bull.