Raiola: "I can say that it's over for Pogba at United"

Morpheus 7

On the eve of another huge game. First okay game in months and this, typical. He's a fraud, been shown up by Bruno. I'd say good luck but I couldn't care less at this stage. Sell and get what you can.

Red Royal

Is he really allowed to leave for free in the summer? Thought he was contracted till 2022.

If he does want out (I still hold out hope it is just agent talk) then would like a Juve player in return. I'd take Ramsey.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
I'd love to ask his agent, how is it United fault Pogba wasn't ready for the start of the season? How is it our fault, Brunos a far better offensive midfielder then Pogba? But these little man is a very sad individual and anyone that signs up with him really had no excuse. The players just scored for the first time in ages and has an opportunity to build from there but it's frustrating.

90 + 5min

I'm not for punishment. Far from it. Agents work for their players. I have no problem with that. But If Pogba don't cut his ties with Raiola (or don't distance himself from comments) I wouldn't mind having him until summer 2022 and not giving him any time on pitch. Also putting him in reserves alternative that he trains on his own until his contract ends. Then he can express himself wherever he wants. We would "lose" money but this could be a teaching lesson.

Whatever happens, it was big misstake buying him back from Juventus as lot of us where saying.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Which in turn, showed disrespect to the club. The decision clearly surprised Ferguson, the lack of transparency surprised Ferguson. He drew his evaluation from the player there, which points to alarm bells. In my opinion, no one needed hindsight to know re-signing Pogba would end this way. Which brings me back to what the poster said - Ferguson was right, Pogba is disrespectful and today he's shown it again. His agent is his spokesperson and Pogba evidently doesn't give 2 fecks what his spokesperson says about the club.
That's not in contention, if Pogba had actually made his mind which no one actually knows not even SAF. And there is a difference between saying that someone has disrespected someone and saying that someone is disrespectful, SAF never said the latter but you know it.

rotherham_red

I’ve always been a fan of Pogba’s but I honestly think we will live at this point. Crucial however is replacing him with a well-suited midfielder to truly fit in our system.
VdB might well be that man tbh.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
We have to sell him In January or this summer at the latest. Imagine losing Pogba to juventus on a free - again! While in between handing them a world record fee for a player that never performed. That would top the Sanchez transfer.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
That's not in contention, if Pogba had actually made his mind which no one actually knows not even SAF. And there is a difference between saying that someone has disrespected someone and saying that someone is disrespectful, SAF never said the latter but you know it.
He doesn't need to be any more specific than he already was to draw conclusions on what he thought of Pogba when he engineered the move away to be fair.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
He says "I assume he means at the end of the season" but I wonder if the knowledge that vaccines and a return to semi-normalcy are imminent will see more activity take place in January than might have been expected a few months ago?

Becks00

This is great news for us, I so hope Woodward takes this opportunity that has presented itself. Could actually be our Countinho moment finally, we do not have to wait till the summer just sell him this January and grant his wish. Do everything possible to get Grealish not matter how expensive this January just like Liverpool with Van dijk and also if possible Zakaria but I don't think that would be realistic this January, would give us the control we so badly need in midfield without sacrificing our defensive solidity. I see this as a pivotal moment just like for Liverpool when they got Van dijk and Allison, I just hope Woodward doesn't feck it up and gets us both Grealish and Zakaria.

Even getting just Grealish as a like for like replacement this January is enough, then in the summer round it up with Zakaria, CB and Striker ( should be Haland but am not sure unless he changes his agent).

JPRouve

Scout
I think giving De Gea the new contract was a mistake and giving Rooney the contract in 2014 was a huge mistake.

This would be the worst decision of the lot.
And I was against both, we need to learn when to cut the cord.

crossy1686

career ending
We have to sell him In January or this summer at the latest. Imagine losing Pogba to juventus on a free - again! Bookended by handing them 90m for a player that never performed. That would top the Sanchez deal in terms of ineptitude.
He would be our worst deal ever if that happened. Possibly in the world ever.

DoomSlayer

@kouroux wrong translated again? Or not Pogba's fault that his agent, man on his payroll, is talking for him, once again?
A few posters are trying to compare this to some guy from the Netherlands speaking about VDB not playing. :lol: The fanboys always have excuses and try to divert the debate, making it about something completely different.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Best news in ages a nice early xmas present for united fans. He won’t be missed at all.

I’ll be so glad to finally see the back of this fraud. Martial next And that’ll be the icing in the cake.

ash_86

If we sell Pogba and reinvest in Grealish we might even be in a. better position all around.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

Ok, he can feck off in Jan then.
I can believe us not understanding about football because we keep getting enticed by Raiola players in the first place.

EireRed_GS

I really hope he goes to Real Madrid. He'll get exposed there and he can enjoy the fans continuously booing him every 5 minutes a game on every terrible pass he makes. Let Perez clash with Raiola over the boos as well. They deserve this.
^^ This

Ive been echoing this for years. If he went there he'd know for sure how much he may have taken United fans for granted. And with the state Real are in at the minute, they wont have much patience for stepovers in your own half when your 1 nil down.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
As proven last match, Pogba can still be world class, when he is on form.

So 50m, any takers?

dove

Couldn't care less. Good player but clearly didn't live up to his hype and ultimately he is a complete failure considering how much we paid.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I really hope he goes to Real Madrid. He'll get exposed there and he can enjoy the fans continuously booing him every 5 minutes a game on every terrible pass he makes. Let Perez clash with Raiola over the boos as well. They deserve this.
I think PSG are the only club that might 1) splash money and 2) be silly enough to be enticed.

bondsname

Watch Pogba score a hatrick tommorrow to silence all of you doubters

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Replacing a guy who has little to no bearing on our fortunes with someone like Camavinga, Saul or Grealish would be fecking sweet. It's a big chance for us to improve.

Pogba’s lucky fans are not allowed into OT. Can imagine the boos he’d get after this, in fact I think Raiola has probably said this so bluntly because there are no fans allowed in OT.

RedDevil@84

Replacing a guy who has little to no bearing on our fortunes with someone like Camavinga, Saul or Grealish would be fecking sweet. It's a big chance for us to improve.
Isn't he the guy who signed a 9 yr contract few years back.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I think PSG are the only club that might 1) splash money and 2) be silly enough to be enticed.
Agree. Their midfield, outside of Verratti, is abit too workman like. They need that inconsistent, injury prone, naïve flair in the middle of the pitch. ;)

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Agree. Their midfield, outside of Verratti, is abit too workman like. They need that inconsistent, injury prone, naïve flair in the middle of the pitch. ;)
PSG ultra's should adore him. Make it happen!

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Pogba’s lucky fans are not allowed into OT. Can imagine the boos he’d get after this, in fact I think Raiola has probably said this so bluntly because there are no fans allowed in OT.
I think he would've said this regardless. If anything, if there were fans in the grounds, the likely hostile atmosphere is arguably exactly what he wants.

mav_9me

Even in the middle of the pandemic I am willing to fly to Europe and drop Pogba off wherever he can go.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Extended Raiola comments:

If Raiola's saying this, then there's definitely some outside interest in Pogba, which should help us in getting a decent fee for him. I did notice Romeo Agresti (reliable Juventus journalist) mention Raiola's comments, too, so Juventus might be in pole position for him.
Makes perfect sense as Juventus badly need creativity from midfield, Pogba used to play with Pirlo too.

JPRouve

Scout
He doesn't need to be any more specific than he already was to draw conclusions on what he thought of Pogba when he engineered the move away to be fair.
Pogba was a free agent, he didn't engineer a move, he took a decision that he was entitled to take. Where SAF is right is that, if it's true that he took his decision early then he should have simply told the club. And it's also worth remembering that we are retrospectively judging a teenager surrounded by adults.
If I'm being honest in retrospect I don't think SAF was right to air his feelings because we need to keep in mind that Pogba was 18 years old, it's not really an age where most people are assertive enough to share important decisions to the world, particularly when they could stil change their mind and you rarely do things perfectly at age anyway.