Raiola: "I can say that it's over for Pogba at United"

MileStolar

Adios Poggers, been fun but its best for all of us if you moved on.
What has? His wrestling in the middle every time he receives the ball, dwelling on it just to lose it? To hell with him and his antics. The only reason I was warm for his comeback was because I thought he has local lad mentality and that he was one of our own, well he wasn't was he.

Raredaredevil

SAF is always right. We should have cut our losses with Pogba years ago. I am not sure his time at United will even be looked fondly upon. Maybe Jose was right after all, Pogba is a virus and we should have backed him.

abkmufc92

Just take whatever offer comes in for him and get rid, the sooner he's gone the better.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Dont think we can afford Grealish at the moment, Sancho may be on now considering his form and attitude has come under question from Dortmund.

Personally I like the look of that Szoboslai. We dont need to spend big on a replacement for Pogba, plus we might even have Pogba's replacement in the squad already in Beek.

Hisha

Supports
OLE OLE OLE I LOVE YOU
The biggest crime our board did was siding with Pogba instead of supporting the manager, Jose. We could have easily got around 100 million for Pogba in 2018. Now we will be lucky to get 50 mil for him.

Looking back, we should really have sold Pogba and Martial instead of sacking Jose. And then reinvest this money on players the manager wants (not players who sells more shirts); players like Hojbjerg, Reguillion, Perisic, etc. Yea, i know that by the time Jose was sacked, it had reached to a point of no comeback. But things could have been very different if the board had listened to Jose at the end of his 2nd season.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
SAF is always right. We should have cut our losses with Pogba years ago. I am not sure his time at United will even be looked fondly upon. Maybe Jose was right after all, Pogba is a virus and we should have backed him.
SAF tried to extend him. I will never understand why people made up the idea that SAF wanted him out.

Relfy

What must the other players in the squad think of him when this narrative keeps getting churned out by his agent? If we can get shot of him in Jan then I'd do it and put the whole saga behind us.

tomaldinho1

The more noise you hear from Raiola, the more you can be certain there is no concrete interest.

Very few clubs have money right now and you can bet they don't want to be signing United's subs even if they do. I feel like Pogba is quite intelligent - I really don't get what he gains from Raiola he wouldn't from any decent agent. He's been trying and failing to move for years (which is what people always say is Raiola's biggest strength)

The biggest crime our board did was siding with Pogba instead of supporting the manager, Jose. We could have easily got around 100 million for Pogba in 2018. Now we will be lucky to get 50 mil for him.

Looking back, we should really have sold Pogba and Martial instead of sacking Jose. And then reinvest this money on players the manager wants (not players who sells more shirts); players like Hojbjerg, Reguillion, Perisic, etc. Yea, i know that by the time Jose was sacked, it had reached to a point of no comeback. But things could have been very different if the board had listened to Jose at the end of his 2nd season.
Please regain a bit of sanity.

hungrywing

Ed isn't that stupid.
Actually, he is. Actually, he's even stupider. It's how Pogba got back here in the first place.

The only reason there's even a chance Ed lets him leave is that Ole and others have managed to use Bruno to show Plopwad that Pogba and his wages/status are bad for the club.

Nothing really to be happy about. Unless you actually think we're going to reinvest his value.

Sounds to me more like hostile contract negotiations though. No takers, timing doesn't make sense. Sergio Ramos-esque
It could be. But if one believes the past summer's Romano quotes about Pogba to Juve, then there's hope that it isn't. Definitely all fingers and toes crossed though; anything's possible with Ed.

If I was one of his teammates in that dressing room, I'd be questioning his commitment after this. Hopefully he gets called out for it.
It's very tricky for anyone in the dressing room to do the bolded part.

He was the 'leader' of the dying (hopefully) central clique in the dressing room. It wouldn't bet that they're scared of doing so, more probably closer to pity.

One of the things Ole's been doing - and that no one's been pointing out - is freezing out Pogba's lackeys and trying to isolate the spread of his influence. Ole was somewhat lucky in that he got through to Rashford right away, but Rashford was always of the right mold. Giving Maguire the captaincy may also have been a part of this effort.

Gordon S

Would be great if Pogba played out of his skin tomorrow night to raise interest for himself. We get through the group and get more money for Pogba. Everybody is happy

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
SAF tried to extend him. I will never understand why people made up the idea that SAF wanted him out.
Don't think he suggested SAF cut ties, but more that SAF's evaluation of Pogba and Raiola was spot on, and we should have cut ties with Pogba before today. It would have been great to sell him for over 100m after the World Cup win.

Revaulx

Absolutely!

If only we'd been able to buy Lukaku and Sanchez...

Ladron de redcafe

The board did not side with Pogba. It sided with the team. Mourinho alienated half the team and was throwing everyone under the bus while disrespecting the club publically. The hierarchy might have given him some leeway had he been delivering results, but he wasn't. And United defintely were not going to indulge a capricious manager who decides ti break the world transfer record on a player and sell him the following season after failing to get the best of said player.

In any case, Pogba has not been at his best at United. Mourinho brought him for about 90m GBP and he wasn't suited to the league, in the eyes of some. We'll be lucky to recoup that fee after this.

If we do, hopefully Sancho would be on the list of potential buys.

GenZRed

To think this guy was supposed to be the key to solving our midfield and making us compete for the Premiership again.

Ladron de redcafe

Don't think he suggested SAF cut ties, but more that SAF's evaluation of Pogba and Raiola was spot on, and we should have cut ties with Pogba before today. It would have been great to sell him for over 100m after the World Cup win.
Sir Alex Ferguson's evaluation was that Pogba was a terrific player. His own words. And he did everything he could to convince him to stay. The problem, according to Sir Alex, was that "his agent is a s**t bag". Had Sir Alex had his way, Pogba would have stayed.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
He'll have a year left on his contract after this season, and will be 28. Good luck getting even 50m, considering his performances and injury history.
Another concern over the guy. He's been picking up alot of niggles in the past 3 campaigns.

Adamsk7

Get him out. There are literally loads of more committed and hungry players. He’s got plenty of talent but he’s not a patch on Bruno, who has come in and shown him up. We’d be far better off with a Grealish in his place - in fact, anyone that is willing to roll up their sleeves and be counted.

I don’t say that lightly because I really wanted him back and thought we’d made the most shrewd signing, even at 89 million (or whatever it was). I’m gutted it hasn’t worked out.

Also, Raiola is an absolute Cnut.

Flying high

I agree, apart from the bolded part.

This is glazernomics biting us once more.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Rumours yesterday were that Juventus reckon they can get him for €50m this summer due to COVID and United having to sell due to 12 months left on his deal. Take it I say
I reckon United are not bowing to their demands of a new contract. I would hope they've organised a move for him in January. The club does not need the circus around any player. The club should also be very careful about buying any client of Riola. Sir Alex was right.

A swap with Ronaldo at Juventus?

fps

We can all say that, it’s been wretched, farewell.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
SAF's evaluation of Pogba was very positive, he doesn't like Raiola though.

SirNicholas33

Yes it's for the best for him to move. I wanted this to work but it's clearly not so a separation is for the best. I don't know who the suitor would be, unless this 50mil bid from Juventus is legit. Otherwise, the major Spanish suitors don't have the money.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Been saying this for the past 4 or so months - let him go. We brought in Van de Beek before his obvious sale, which puts us in the driving seat. We have the replacement already.
Pogba is fantastic when he's on form, but that form makes an appearance on a very rare occasion. Tell me if I'm wrong, but I'd say the last time Pogba showed a stretch of good form was when Ole initially took over and he was scoring in consecutive games. Since then, he's had the odd fantastic performance peppered in an omelette of sheer disappointment.

His attitude stinks and it's about time he leaves.

pascell

We've probably pulled the plug on the contract negotiations and now looking to sell. His comments when he went away from France were probably the last straw for Ole.

I can see him moving in January, our first pick CM is Fred and McTominay plus Bruno, Pogba isnt the main man anymore. With the Euros coming up it makes sense for all parties, as we'll see some sort of fee for him.

Shame how its worked out but his brother and agent constantly talking to the press haven't helped.

el3mel

I said it previously and I'll say it again. Bruno was everything we were expecting Pogba to be when we signed him 4 or 5 years ago. We were expecting him to be the main engine for the team creating every thing and having every play passing through him first. It took us 4 years of continuous excuses and continuously changing and shoehorning everyone in the squad trying to get Pogba to be this player. till we signed Bruno and he immediately became this kind of player from his first 2 matches with us.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Imagine Raiola talking shit about Real while Pogba's there :drool:

If you think the caf is bad, you ain't seen nothing yet!