Raiola: "I can say that it's over for Pogba at United"

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Maybe Barcelona..? Maybe PSG..? Or maybe Juventus..?
I can't really imagine many other options open, and goodness knows what kind of fee can be negotiated....

I just hope that we don't do a swap deal with someone like Dembele....?!?
They have no money. None whatsoever. The situation's really, really, really bad at Barcelona.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Meh. He stays he stays he goes he goes. He’s not offering enough for us to be that bothered.

SuperiorXI

Think the club need to say to him - you either commit your future here and sack Raiola, or we sell you this summer for the highest offer and you'll never play for us again.

Great player on his day, but not putting in the sort of performances that deserve this sort of stupidness that comes with it.
Never going to happen, that's a pipe dream. It's not the first time Raiola has talked shite and Pogba has clearly let him say what he wants. He represents Pogba.

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
Alex Ferguson was on bad terms with Raiola... maybe best to leave his players aside for a bit

slavishduke

Van de Beek was already brought in to replace him and tbh I think VdB is far more suited to playing in deeper midfield than as a 10. He's invisible as a 10.

Agree with both Partey and Fabinho, but everyone saw how obvious that was at the time and we still ignored it sadly.
I would love Zakaria. Feels perfect too me. He's strong, can protect the ball well and move it along quickly. Is good on the ball aswell with a high dribble per game and also a very good success rate. Only worry is how is he gone be like after 8 months away from football.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I bet whenever SAF see's anything regarding Raiola the word Twat instantly pops into his head.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Never going to happen, that's a pipe dream. It's not the first time Raiola has talked shite and Pogba has clearly let him say what he wants. He represents Pogba.
Well that'll show his loyalties lie to leaving the club and sticking with Raiola which is fine. If he wants to stay then Raiola needs to be 1000 miles away.

I genuinely don't know if it's Pogba telling him to talk or if he just likes to talk 24/7 - didn't Raiola come out and say a contract was going well and would be sealed soon?

Either the club have pulled the plug on it fearing he's passed his best and isn't worth 300k + a week, or he's decided he wants to go back to Juve. It's just very odd timing. Why would your agent want to mount even more pressure on you when you've not been playing well?

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
M'kay.

I don't think too many United give a feck at this point.

But these comments really aren't particularly helpful - that is unless ol' Mino is working on a deal that has a realistic chance of going through this time.

Where's he off to, then?

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
We probably should have known this was coming, given the transfer window opens in a few weeks. What better way to get people talking about Pogba again than to come out with stuff like this on the eve of a crunch Champions league game? Still can't help feel a little annoyed though.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Hopefully he helps out until January, we sell, and buy a DM and/or a midfielder capable of dictating games. Problem is I can't see who we'd get in January. The time to buy was in the summer and we wasted £40m on Donny instead.

royalewithcheese2006

Supports
A Director of Football
Has always needed better players around him, hasn't he? Everyone else is at fault even though there's hardly been a time where he's shown quality consistently. Meanwhile, the better player comes in and drags United past the finish line in every other game for a year.

Sh*t timing to say things like this when you look at our schedule but the fat c*nt probably realised that this is the best time to market the French clown. Miss an opportunity like this and he'll have to wait for Paul to have 3 more ankle injuries, concede more penalties and goals where he gets robbed 30 yards from our goal before he finally scores for us in a game. That could easily take another 4 months. Au revoir and good luck when the fans turn on you in Madrid (or is it Juve now?)

FujiVice

Ha! magine Barca signing him! A club in crisis, filled with a bunch of overpaid frauds. Tom Cleverely would be a less damaging signing to that club than Pogba.

kiristao

These, really. We've done bad by him, but he and his agent have treated the club shambolically, too. The very definition of a toxic relationship that needs ending now.

Put that money towards Sancho or Grealish, but still, we badly need some talented midfielders, particularly so if Pogba is actually on his way this time.
How have we done bad by him?

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Well that'll show his loyalties lie to leaving the club and sticking with Raiola which is fine. If he wants to stay then Raiola needs to be 1000 miles away.

I genuinely don't know if it's Pogba telling him to talk or if he just likes to talk 24/7 - didn't Raiola come out and say a contract was going well and would be sealed soon?

Either the club have pulled the plug on it fearing he's passed his best and isn't worth 300k + a week, or he's decided he wants to go back to Juve. It's just very odd timing. Why would your agent want to mount even more pressure on you when you've not been playing well?
In the summer, Raiola was talking about how his side and the club are taking their time on negotiations. Both sides were on the same page, but knowing that United tends to act slow with most of the contract negotiations, this might just be Raiola putting pressure on United to take action and offer something desirable. It's been a while since there has been any news on the club actually submitting a contract offer, anyways.

The fact that this is happening also tells us something about Pogba and whether he feels uncertain about his own future. In the past summer, Raiola did nothing to AC Milan when Ibra was negotiating his new deal. However, Ibra wasn't generating much interest elsewhere. Before this, however, he had a huge outcry over Donnarumma back when his contract had to be renewed. Basically, Raiola will become annoying when his client is in demand, which Pogba is (Juve, Real Madrid, PSG). Towards the end of the last summer, he was talking about contract renewals as Pogba did lose a bunch of interest (mostly because he wasn't affordable).

yamo123x

Bye bye pogba, lingard and Martial... bring in Grealish and Sancho. Problem solved, no one is bigger than the club and arrogance gets you nowhere.

crossy1686

career ending
If fans are happy to let Pogba go for 60m then fine but don't start crying when he plays half decently for another 5 years and we can't even afford Grealish.

I believe we can get more from the deal, we're already expecting to sell him at a loss in his prime.
:lol: You do realise that our options are we sell him for whatever bid comes in next summer or we lose him on a free? It's like trying to sell tickets to a gig you're not going to and telling people you won't accept anything less than £100 per ticket with 10 minutes before it kicks off. If we recoup any fee on him at this point, in this market it's a good sale.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
These, really. We've done bad by him, but he and his agent have treated the club shambolically, too. The very definition of a toxic relationship that needs ending now.

Put that money towards Sancho or Grealish, but still, we badly need some talented midfielders, particularly so if Pogba is actually on his way this time.
We have talented midfielders! Forget Grealish, our 2 best players play in his main 2 positions, where we also have the best depth out of any position in the club.

We need a quality holding mid. We need that balance for the rest of our team, to organize and control things for us. We won't be settled or consistent til we get that. This is our chance to get it right finally. Get what we need, don't go for some shiny new toy. We have plenty of fancy toys but don't have the right players to round it out.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Why exactly? Tell me what Pogba has done in 4 years to justify the price tag and the shit you have to put up with from his agent? Bruno has put him to shame.
He's clearly not one of our worst transfers ever and has had some very good performances for us. It's not obviously been what we'd hoped, but it's largely due to the dysfunctional nature of our recruitment in general. Bruno and him don't play in the same position and then for good measure you threw in our POTY last year, I think you just don't like them - which is fine. Just what you said is not true.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Even disregarding his antics and silly aura he generates around him, he's not good enough of a player for me to be particularly fussed about this. Also not a great fit next to Bruno who is just miles ahead of him.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
If fans are happy to let Pogba go for 60m then fine but don't start crying when he plays half decently for another 5 years and we can't even afford Grealish.

I believe we can get more from the deal, we're already expecting to sell him at a loss in his prime.
He'll have a year left on his contract after this season, and will be 28. Good luck getting even 50m, considering his performances and injury history.

Does the fat idiot think this helps Pogba’s position in any way whatsoever?

Pogba’s stock has never been lower, especially at United where he’s almost become a bench warmer, so to do this to the guy, what a moron.