Raiola: "I can say that it's over for Pogba at United"

tjb

I think Pogba leaving is the final thing we need to truly change the squads culture. He is a massive character and influence in the dressing room Getting away from his nonsense both on and off the pitch will help us immensely.

Member 90887

I think that Ole and the board knew that they wouldn't be offering Pogba a new deal and that he would probably get sold this january or next summer; they were proactive with the signing of VDB to replace him. it makes even more sense when you take into consideration the fact that Ole has been dropping Pogba left and right this season.

He wouldn't play a lot this year since he's sharing minutes with Pogba, but he'll play a lot more when Pogba's gone. It makes sense in that, he'll get accustomed to the league and his teamates and we wouldn't get quoted silly prices when we try to replace Pogba eventually after he leaves.

croadyman

:lol: :lol: :lol: even your average FootballManager managers would not let this happen. Why pay 2x for someone who performs 1/2x.
Yeah you really can count on one hand how many good games that he has had for this club in 4 years which says it all.

Kyonn

Pogba is to United what Fàbregas is to Barcelona. He's a great player who will do well at Real or Juventus, just doesn't fit here. The sooner he's gone the better for all involved.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
I think Pogba leaving is the final thing we need to truly change the squads culture. He is a massive character and influence in the dressing room Getting away from his nonsense both on and off the pitch will help us immensely.
I agree with most of that but something tells me he isn’t the influence in the dressing room that he may once have been. This is a different group of players now and I don’t think many will be swayed by his nonsense. I can’t see Bruno tolerating it for one.

croadyman

I think that Ole and the board knew that they wouldn't be offering Pogba a new deal and that he would probably get sold this january or next summer; they were proactive with the signing of VDB to replace him. it makes even more sense when you take into consideration the fact that Ole has been dropping Pogba left and right this season.

He wouldn't play a lot this year since he's sharing minutes with Pogba, but he'll play a lot more when Pogba's gone. It makes sense in that, he'll get accustomed to the league and his teamates and we wouldn't get quoted silly prices when we try to replace Pogba eventually after he leaves.
Want him to go in January

iKnowNothing

I’m far from a fan of Jose Mourinho, but it appears he was bang on about Pogba. It could be Raiola‘a influence, but sounds like Pogba is/was a bad influence on the dressing room.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
If he wants to leave, get him out. No one can convince me that he's been a success at United (I said at the time he rejoined, I doubted he was world class). Use the money to get Grealish in

hungrywing

Not sure if Romano has added his nonsense into it. But this is first time I am reading that Ole said that. And the less said about the way Raiola talks about our manager, the better. Pogba that and Pogba this.
If only our club would make Pogba apologize and distance himself from Raiola's words.

Thank you for posting that. That's extremely interesting. Much more interesting than the Pogba stuff, if it's real. Because if it's real, then that's almost certainly a very calculated move from Raiola; specifically, calculating that Ole won't at the very least lead the club on a clearly visible upward trajectory.

Raiola has two truly super high-profile clients left, Pobga and Haaland. And one of them is almost certainly about to pretty much bust.

And Ole is in a position to pry the other out from under Raiola's influence. Ole is one of the only - if not one of two (Haaland's dad) - people who could theoretically do it. Ole can sell Haaland on how coming to Manchester United is not about money: it's actually about the opposite.

You come here you will earn a competitive wage, but you will be fighting against the mercenaries. You will be fighting for the underprivileged. The people who pay your wage aren't the Woodwards of the world or the sort of people who spend tens of thousands for a photo-op with you, or say they're a doctor or lawyer who supports your club and ask for the like. Your employers are the 'middle-to-lower-class' people who work hard every week and spend some of that money on the weekends to see their heroes perform. You join this club only if there's that secret, utterly gleeful part of you that wants to stick it to the money-grubbers, the attention-seekers, the influence-peddlers. To rub their faces in the losses on the pitch and your treatment of their 'lessers' as their equals. And when the Woodward's of the world are desperate to show how they 'pay the best salaries and swing the biggest dicks' every single fiber of your being would relish being able to say 'no I don't want more money you stupid feck. Only cowards and secret losers who are subject to a desire to feel better about themselves care about that.' You literally DREAM of holding press conferences like that (even if you wouldn't say it as bluntly). And you wake up every single morning loving that feeling. That feeling of arrogance combined with courage is what drives you every day. And you love that you're at a club with people who secretly all share that feeling.

When you feel that feeling, you come talk to me. You don't, then don't even bother.

Ole is in a position to say all of that to Haaland. Especially if Ole keeps leading the club on a very clearly upward trajectory. And ESPECIALLY if Raiola is aware that Ole has tried the above tack on Haaland already. If Ole chucks Pogba out, and the club keeps on moving forward, then Haaland's going to be 'Dude, Ole's looking like he was right.'

So again: this Raiola quote in the tweet that you posted very interesting, again, if it's true. Because it's an over-reach, and VERY SPECIFICALLY one that happens in situations like this. Tres, 'You've taken this much from me, but don't take any more,' indicating weakness.

It's not about Ole saying that as much as it's about Raiola mentioning it.

Stepney73

I think we're fine without him to be honest. Oh, he had a good game recently, against fecking West Ham. Ooo la la la. He's been bang average for a while, less than average really. Don't need this kind of drama in the dressing room. I hope Ole leaves him in the hotel tomorrow.
no he didn’t

all he did was score a good goal and was no more than ‘ok‘in the second half.

bruno is our star player and pogba knows it(he’s done more in 11 months than pogba has in 4 years)

gorky_utd

Raiola and Pogba wants Utd out of UCL so that we are forced to lower our demands for him. That is why Raiola has timed it before the crucial match against Leipzig. I wouldn't trust to play Pogba tonight.

LUC1f3R

There was a time when this news shocked me. Now, all I want is Utd to get decent amount for him so that we can buy someone who is bloody consistent than a talented player who blows hot and then cold for next games.
And we don't have to see his circus again
Seems like Utd pulled the plug on a new contract. Finally, something good from our board

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
He's got us by the balls. If we sell him then we'll have to sell him on cheap. Juve/Real will probably expect us to accept a ridiculous fee + 1 or 2 deadwood of theirs for him. If he remains then he will play crap/"get injured" up until he leaves on a free. We shouldn't sign any player whose got that evil gnome as an agent ever again.

Inside right

I think the final solution has been spelt out by Raiola and there is now no going back. We shall never know if Pogba initiated this. Personally I am disappointed as the player, ignoring all the hype.is a hugely talented player but this issue is a distraction the team does not need. If MU are to regain their standing in the game its going to have to be a 100% effort from all players and coaches, no exceptions. Pogba may well regret this moment .At his age he should be peaking as a player but there is little evidence that's going to happen at MU. Finally they must get a player in that can play on the right wing otherwise the team will continue treading
water. Greenwood is not that player he will eventually be our permanent number 9 and be a huge success in that role.

1nil

teach this guy a lesson and run his contract down.

drmuji

He's got us by the balls. If we sell him then we'll have to sell him on cheap. Juve/Real will probably expect us to accept a ridiculous fee + 1 or 2 deadwood of theirs for him. If he remains then he will play crap/"get injured" up until he leaves on a free. We shouldn't sign any player whose got that evil gnome as an agent ever again.
I on the contrary will like him to be sent to bench or reserves and play there for full one season until the contract ends.
This should teach people like him a lesson of not messing with the club. And yeah Riola will be fecked too

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Translation 1 : "My client is not good enough for you, we give up, so please let us go"
Translation 2 : "Nik-naks turned my client's bellend yellow and it matched with his hair color. The only thing he cared about whilst in your club, so please let us go"

RedChisel

He's clearly not one of our worst transfers ever and has had some very good performances for us. It's not obviously been what we'd hoped, but it's largely due to the dysfunctional nature of our recruitment in general. Bruno and him don't play in the same position and then for good measure you threw in our POTY last year, I think you just don't like them - which is fine. Just what you said is not true.
In terms of how much he cost being our record signing and the return we have got on our investment I'd say he is one of the worst. Obviously not in terms of ability. Why you feel the need to defend a player who has put in minimal effort for 4 years and has spent most of the time whinging about wanting to be elsewhere I don't know.

steeeb

Surely he needs a taking to and gets dropped and we offload him.

Just as he finally does something (scores) and just before our most important game of the season so far.

I'd be pissed off if I were his team mate and what Ole does or doesn't do will have a knock on affect going forward on the team.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Pogba should be fined, allowing his agent to say this before a big match os extremely unprofessional and not refuting it is just as poor.

Drifter

American
In 2012 SAF called Raiola a shit bag after he was engineering a move for Pogba, also he called Pogba disrespectful to the man united. And here we are years later Pogba as not changed his agent, which says everything about him, and it looks like a similar situation is happening. How anyone still wants him around is beyond me, maybe some fans just support certain players than they do the club.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I on the contrary will like him to be sent to bench or reserves and play there for full one season until the contract ends.
This should teach people like him a lesson of not messing with the club. And yeah Riola will be fecked too
It's evident from his performances that he can't give a feck. Ultimately if we do that he'll leave on a free and he'll get a huge signing on fee because of it.

We should sell Pogba as quickly as possible and we should stir away from Mino's signings

DickDastardly

Who gives a feck anymore?

Play him, don't play him...i would give Ole the benefit of the doubt in this case, Ole loves the club and can decide if we need Pogba in certain games or not.

But i hope we part ways with him and his agent.
Too much of a nuisance and not enough delivery.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
If we had any balls we'd say feck em, made him sit in reserves bench for 1.5 years and let him go for free.

80M lost, but that'll send a message you don't fecking mess with United. By the time Pogba got out he'll be 28 and lacking match fitness.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Sending him to play with the reserves is too nice, he could even Jedi-mindtrick the reserve players into not seeing a future with the club.
Send him to train with Phil Jones instead. No football matches. Provide him a lot of tasty food.

sparky

I have been fed up of the Pogba saga for a while, even though I was happy when he came back after watching him in the reserves. He only plays for himself and needs players around him to do the dirty work so he can piss about with the ball on the edge of the area and not get caught out. I think OSG should put him on a training pitch let him go one on one with the keeper then OSG can chase him down and foul him saving a certain goal. Then he should let Bruno explain to Pogba how to play football in a team. Can you tell I am mad with him! You can't say its his agent and not him, they are both devious, just look at the amount of ill timed comments pogba has made.

Icemav

teach this guy a lesson and run his contract down.
Yep very tempting. In the same way that Dortmund are probably regreting not accepting a figure that would have been over a x10 return on their initial investment, I think Pogba will also regret this.

For us to cave would set a very bad precendence. We didnt cave to Dortmund, and we shouldnt cave here.

El Zoido

Not sure if Romano has added his nonsense into it. But this is first time I am reading that Ole said that. And the less said about the way Raiola talks about our manager, the better. Pogba that and Pogba this.
If only our club would make Pogba apologize and distance himself from Raiola's words.

Fecking hell what a prick this guy is. Imagine going after Ole, after Ole is the one who brought Pogba in from the cold after the Jose years. All this during the biggest week of our season so far, after one average performance from his client. This is completely unacceptable. Get rid of him asap and never do business with Raiola again. Absolutely fuming.

Icemav

Yep very tempting. In the same way that Dortmund are probably regreting not accepting a figure that would have been over a x10 return on their initial investment, I think Pogba will also regret this.

For us to cave would set a very bad precendence. We didnt cave to Dortmund, and we shouldnt cave here.
Actually in hindsight who gives a toss regarding Pogba. Everyone knows now that he is a virus luxury player. It will be a relief when he is gone. We have the depth to cover his absence and we can strengthen further in future windows.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
I have been fed up of the Pogba saga for a while, even though I was happy when he came back after watching him in the reserves. He only plays for himself and needs players around him to do the dirty work so he can piss about with the ball on the edge of the area and not get caught out. I think OSG should put him on a training pitch let him go one on one with the keeper then OSG can chase him down and foul him saving a certain goal. Then he should let Bruno explain to Pogba how to play football in a team. Can you tell I am mad with him! You can't say its his agent and not him, they are both devious, just look at the amount of ill timed comments pogba has made.
Now this is called bullying :lol::lol:

But yes both of them are the same. Raiola would have not said anything wihtout Pogba's approval. Imagine being happy in a club, enjoying your life and then your agent comes out to belittle the club. Not possible.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
He's not important because he is isn't playing well? But isn't that because is he is unhappy and wants to leave? That's the question, why?
He's not important because he's not actually good enough unless he's been unhappy for the past 4/5 years

UpWithRivers

I just cant see who will buy him if we want 90 mill which is his fair value. Except maybe PSG. I can only assume this is a ploy so that United accept a low ball offer in Jan. 50 mill or something. I wish we would leave him in the reserves for 2 years but it will never happen. Its a disgrace that he is in the match squad never mind getting games.

Toad

Too inconsistent, doesn’t want to be at the club and not enough effort on the pitch l - fair well Paul.