g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Raith Rovers Controversy

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
They have also lost their stadium as of 2023 by signing a rapist and jeopardised the entire history of their club.

"In addition, we have informed Clyde FC that the council intends not to renew the lease with the club when the contract for the use of Broadwood Stadium expires in May 2023.

"The council utterly condemns all and any violence towards, or abuse of, women. We offer a range of services to support women who experience abuse, through Rape Crisis Lanarkshire and Aura, and we would urge anyone in this position to make contact."

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
They have also lost their stadium as of 2023 by signing a rapist and jeopardised the entire history of their club.

"In addition, we have informed Clyde FC that the council intends not to renew the lease with the club when the contract for the use of Broadwood Stadium expires in May 2023.

"The council utterly condemns all and any violence towards, or abuse of, women. We offer a range of services to support women who experience abuse, through Rape Crisis Lanarkshire and Aura, and we would urge anyone in this position to make contact."
Surely if they cared that much then they would've done this the first time round? He's been there since 2016 so they've had plenty of opportunities to condemn his behaviour.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Surely if they cared that much then they would've done this the first time round? He's been there since 2016 so they've had plenty of opportunities to condemn his behaviour.
It’s a different ownership now. The stadium was under NLC Leisure which is a separate entity from North Lanarkshire Council.

The stadium is now fully controlled by the council directly and they have put the foot down.

CraftySoAndSo

Does Goodwillie not feel any shame at all about everything that's going on? He's basically ruined 2 clubs just by being there, he may as well retire as i'd imagine he's not even being paid that well. Although i'd imagine he'd struggle getting any work full stop if he did quit football.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Does Goodwillie not feel any shame at all about everything that's going on? He's basically ruined 2 clubs just by being there, he may as well retire as i'd imagine he's not even being paid that well. Although i'd imagine he'd struggle getting any work full stop if he did quit football.
Considering he played on for years after he was convicted without any issues, including the club he's just re-joined, I don't think he could have foreseen the sheer strength of the storm he would find himself in.

Swedish_Plumber

Doubt people like him have that sort of introspection.

Doracle

Considering he played on for years after he was convicted without any issues, including the club he's just re-joined, I don't think he could have foreseen the sheer strength of the storm he would find himself in.
Yeah, and he was never convicted either because the evidence against him wasn’t considered strong enough (understandably having read the civil decision).

Okey

I've been wondering about this too. Was quite surprised to hear he's been playing there for years, given the sudden explosive backlash. Different ownership yeah, but still, how did no one seem to notice until now? Looks like he'll need to call it quits and save everyone, including himself, the hassle.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Yeah he should just go on the dole. Better yet Harikiri himself